Houston
Sponsored by

Tine Coronavirus thread

2,475,479 Views | 20959 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by Ciboag96
Ag_07
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
IDaggie06 said:

Wish you all would order take out at restaurants instead of buying up all these groceries. Restaurants need the money more than the grocery Food manufacturers

But the food I crank out of this kitchen is WAY better than anything you get from a local restaurant.
IDaggie06
AG
That makes sense. Fortunately for me, at least for now, my job is not in immediate danger. I'm not married and have some disposable cash so I'm just eating out every night and leaving decent tips to help out where I can.

I believe the restaurants should be allowed to have some guests dine in. Maybe limit it to 20 percent of fire Marshall capacity, require tables be X distance apart, no sitting at bars, etc but this right now is too extreme imo.
JYDog90
AG
IronRed13 said:

Im pretty confident the Randall's by my place is still fully stocked. But only because there's one checker...
you must live near me. I detest that place. I used to be a loyal Randall's guy but I would actually be encouraged if they closed. Mine is at Champion Forest/1960
TXTransplant
IDaggie06 said:

That makes sense. Fortunately for me, at least for now, my job is not in immediate danger. I'm not married and have some disposable cash so I'm just eating out every night and leaving decent tips to help out where I can.

I believe the restaurants should be allowed to have some guests dine in. Maybe limit it to 20 percent of fire Marshall capacity, require tables be X distance apart, no sitting at bars, etc but this right now is too extreme imo.

I think some of the Asian countries made restaurants tape off 6'x6' grids and customers had to sit in those. Problem is, we can't police that. If they opened back up, people would just cram themselves in.
Ag_07
AG
Look at what's going down in NY and CA.

We're lucky we aren't under complete lockdown.

And that's the issue with all this. You take precautions before things escalate, those precautions are effective, but then it looks like it was all a big overreaction.
wessimo
AG
IDaggie06 said:

Wish you all would order take out at restaurants instead of buying up all these groceries. Restaurants need the money more than the grocery Food manufacturers

Would like to do this more but what assurance is there that the cook and anyone else who touches the food and packaging is healthy?
Koldus131
AG
Ag_07 said:

And that's the issue with all this. You take precautions before things escalate, those precautions are effective, but then it looks like it was all a big overreaction.

We will be soon, it's only a matter of time
IDaggie06
AG
wessimo said:

IDaggie06 said:

Would like to do this more but what assurance is there that the cook and anyone else who touches the food and packaging is healthy?

We all have our opinions but mine is that if I'm somehow going to get the virus by doing a takeout order from a relatively nice local restaurant then this thing is so far gone that millions upon millions of people are going to get it and I will catch it anyways. I don't believe that to be the case.
Zobel
AG
Millions and millions are most likely going to get it.
Fitch
AG
Koldus131 said:

Ag_07 said:

We will be soon, it's only a matter of time
The 3 largest cities are NYC, LA and Chicago.

Numbers 4 & 5 are Houston and Dallas-Ft.Worth.
Jackal99
AG
wessimo said:

IDaggie06 said:

I just saw/read this article. Pretty in-depth look at it.

https://www.seriouseats.com/2020/03/food-safety-and-coronavirus-a-comprehensive-guide.html
swimmerbabe11
https://coronavirus.1point3acres.com/en?fbclid=IwAR1LSN80nqmnlTPl9BPsRxsxlBzAlftIQA5WxTh-vmZFv1L6WpGrVpSvMO8

This has started separating out Harris -Houston and Harris - non Houston. I'm really not sure why..but we are growing pretty fast now.
AgLiving06
swimmerbabe11 said:

https://coronavirus.1point3acres.com/en?fbclid=IwAR1LSN80nqmnlTPl9BPsRxsxlBzAlftIQA5WxTh-vmZFv1L6WpGrVpSvMO8

This has started separating out Harris -Houston and Harris - non Houston. I'm really not sure why..but we are growing pretty fast now.

Which you would expect as we are testing a lot more.
Mikeyshooter
AG
Still just 1 death.
AgLiving06
IDaggie06 said:

wessimo said:

IDaggie06 said:

We all have our opinions but mine is that if I'm somehow going to get the virus by doing a takeout order from a relatively nice local restaurant then this thing is so far gone that millions upon millions of people are going to get it and I will catch it anyways. I don't believe that to be the case.

It will certainly be in the millions that get the chinese virus.

But for perspective, I believe the CDC estimates that 36 million people will get the flu. That's how they get down to the 0.2% rate.

The reality is that a significant amount of people have probably already gotten and recovered from this virus without even knowing it.

For example, guy who I talked to yesterday said he came back from going to a concert in LA in Feb. He got sick, had diarrhea, dry cough and some chest tightness and a fever. His hospital nurse wife thinks he likely had it back then, but we would never know either way since he has long since recovered from whatever he had.
TXTransplant
swimmerbabe11 said:

The KHOU map is pretty good, too. You can use the drop down menu to select specific counties.

https://www.khou.com/article/news/health/coronavirus/houston-area-coronavirus-cases/285-192b8879-08b6-4ec0-8a0f-a0487ead1453

It does sometimes lag behind when new cases are announced.

I just got an email from The Woodlands Township stating the following (I'm assuming that's 150 for the greater Houston area, since the count on that KHOU site is currently 109):

Case Counts

The number of confirmed cases will be over 150 when DSHS posts updated case counts today. DSHS is working with local health department partners to better sync up timing of local and state level date reporting, to hopefully minimize confusion over case counts.
Zobel
AG
We do know that it was probably not because of genetic sequencing of the virus. That's very unlikely to have been covid19. You're right that many will get it and have mild symptoms or asymptotic and we shouldn't panic or freak out.
Ferris Wheel Allstar
AG
k2aggie07 said:

Millions and millions are most likely going to get it.

Since we have nothing to bet on, will you set the o/u? I'll set the line.
Zobel
AG
I don't gamble, but I suppose I'd put the O/U at 30M in the US over the next 12 months, based on total estimated infections ... not symptomatic people or confirmed cases.

For information to interested parties 2009 swine flu infected around 60M Americans.
bearkatag15
AG
Fightin' Texas Aggie and Sam Houston State Bearkat
agdaddy04
AG
Spoke to a colleague in Bakersfield today and he mentioned there's no fewer people out than there were with the lockdown.
JYDog90
AG
So are we in Houston doing good or bad?
IrishTxAggie
AG
Willy Wonka said:

My friend just bought a $1.5MM house and we had a house warming party for him and his GF tonight. I drank about 15 Shiners and now I'm drinking Johnnie Walker Blue at home. I think we're doing alright.
LostInLA07
AG
Sorry you caught the corona
Liquid Wrench
Dude you drink so many beers and party so much. That's so ****ing baller.
IrishTxAggie
AG
Twas a slow night unfortunately
one MEEN Ag
AG
Y'all just jealous Irish got friends that won't get pissed at him for killing 15 of their beers at a 3 person party.
IDaggie06
AG
IrishTxAggie said:

Willy Wonka said:

My friend just bought a $1.5MM house and we had a house warming party for him and his GF tonight. I drank about 15 Shiners and now I'm drinking Johnnie Walker Blue at home. I think we're doing alright.

Hopefully you read that in the morning when you are sober and see how childish you sound.
AgsMyDude
AG
BoxingAg84
If anyone is still looking for toilet paper, just find the nearest janitorial supply store near you. They've got plenty.
agz win
AG
Triple ply?
herb96
AG
I'm rationing TP like Sheryl Crow.
Madmarttigan
AG
Top contender for douchiest post of 2020
IrishTxAggie
AG
tv1113 said:

Top contender for douchiest post of 2020

I try.
Unemployed
AG
agz win said:

Triple ply?
Janitorial supply toilet paper are rated by their grit size.
First Page Last Page
Page 41 of 599

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.