Houston
Sponsored by

Tine Coronavirus thread

2,496,887 Views | 20959 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by Ciboag96
Zobel
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
+1
AgsMyDude
AG
No worries, thanks
tylercsbn9
AG
H-E-B across from Bridgeland was great this morning. Got everything I needed for my normal weekly shopping.

Showed up at 8 and the line to get in was crazy but the parking lot was actually less full than a normal Sunday. They were just trying to limit people inside I guess

They actually handed out umbrellas to people waiting in line when it started raining.
AgCPA95
AG
I was HEB Fry and 99 in Katy yesterday and not busy at all. This was early afternoon. No chicken of any type and cheese pretty picked over but other food items in pretty good shape...may not get the brand or size you want but most stuff there. Lots of good produce out with more being stocked.
cr0wbar
AG
thanks for the heads-up. Might do a few quick errands at kroger today
-It's a Jungle out there kiddies, have a very fruitful day-

Jethro95
AG
Jethro95 said:

Same here. Looks like private testing has hit the local market.

Next Level

Based on the video you do a virtual visit followed by a curbside test. Cost is $200 out of pocket if insurance does not cover it.
New email - No longer testing unless you meet specific criteria. Looks like they ran out of capacity pretty quickly.
aTm2004
AG
Wife did a curbside order for pickup next week. Saw the bill...I'm gonna go cry.
gougler08
AG
cr0wbar said:

thanks for the heads-up. Might do a few quick errands at kroger today

They were good on most essentials on Wednesday AM (mason and 99 location) and wasn't crowded at all
IronRed13
AG
Im pretty confident the Randall's by my place is still fully stocked. But only because there's one checker...
Agasaurus Tex
AG
Do most of my shopping at Walmart because it's only a couple of minutes from my house. Got all the food items I needed but no water, TP, paper towels or Clorox wipes in sight. May hit up Sam's or Kroger next time I go out next week.

Edit: In Texas City/LaMarque
Bondag
AG
Jethro95 said:

Jethro95 said:

Same here. Looks like private testing has hit the local market.

Next Level

Based on the video you do a virtual visit followed by a curbside test. Cost is $200 out of pocket if insurance does not cover it.
New email - No longer testing unless you meet specific criteria. Looks like they ran out of capacity pretty quickly.
So Karen can't drive her suburban full of crotch trophies to get them all tested for $1,000?

Then what if they go outside tomorrow? Back to get tested again to see if they have it?
98Ag99Grad
AG
Stores in Pearland have been holding up well. Wife has been doing HEB curbside for awhile now. What we can't get there the Randalls down the street has, except paper goods for now.
IrishTxAggie
AG
IronRed13 said:

Im pretty confident the Randall's by my place is still fully stocked. But only because there's one checker...
Damn...at least Walmart opened up the 3rd checker line.
wessimo
AG
Placed a HEB curbside order. Earliest pick up was a week from today. Good thing we can get by until then.
Tabasco
AG
wessimo said:

Placed a HEB curbside order. Earliest pick up was a week from today. Good thing we can get by until then.
same in Sugar Land
Liquid Wrench
Whole Foods had 2 or 3 day delivery when I tried last weekend, but that obviously could have changed by now.
07ag
AG
heb sienna plantation next curbside is march 29th, next delivery is april 1
https://ts.la/eric59704
kapon
AG
swimmerbabe11 said:

I watched Mary Poppins Returns last night and saw a 91 year old Dick Van Dyke dancing around on a desk and I thought about this thread.

Old =/= one foot in the grave.
YOU know how to party!
great job social distancing!
FarmerJohn
AG
Thanks for that chart. We're still coming in though literally everything we do is by e-mail or through the web. I printed it out and when factored in with the mortality rate of the virus, I can give the chance of death of us coming into the office. Something to think about.
swimmerbabe11
uhhh I also did a bunch of lines of coke?
I totally party hard and not with wine or hot cocoa in a coffee cup and fox pajamas.
Sazerac
AG
I placed one on Wednesday for pickup Friday....turns out it was NEXT Friday. 9 days for a pickup...wow.
Seersucker Ag 2011
AG
Y'all know you can just go into the store at HEB, right? It isn't without risk, but we were in and out in a normal amount of time at the HEB at Highway 6 & 90.
bearkatag15
AG
Seersucker Ag 2011 said:

Y'all know you can just go into the store at HEB, right? It isn't without risk, but we were in and out in a normal amount of time at the HEB at Highway 6 & 90.
but everyone has cuties...
Fightin' Texas Aggie and Sam Houston State Bearkat
bearkatag15
AG
New positive in Montgomery County.

Quote:

Case # 10 A woman in her 50s, who resides in Southeast Montgomery County. She is in isolation at home. She did attend the Houston Livestock Show & Rodeo on Sunday, March 8th. (reported 3/20/2020)
Fightin' Texas Aggie and Sam Houston State Bearkat
AgLiving06
People testing positive shouldn't even be news anymore...

Jack Cheese
AG
Ducks4brkfast said:

Guys... Abbott activated the National Guard a few days ago... you're going to see them... this isn't Facebook... quit acting like it.

That's probably what you said about JADE HELM
txags92
AG
Seersucker Ag 2011 said:

We just went to the HEB on Fry and Tuckerton, and there was a pretty light crowd and plenty of stock. They were out of some of the obvious stuff like TP, but otherwise they were pretty well stocked.
Ag_07
AG
So KPRC doing a story on this lady who thinks she has COVID-19 and sat in line at the testing site for 4 hours and didn't get tested.

She's concerned she has it but had her four kids in the car with her the whole time she waited.
AgLiving06
There's a strict procedure for getting tested that she wouldn't have followed. That's why she didn't get tested.

She also probably doesn't have it.
. . .
KPRC said:

4% under 8 years old
5% are 10-18 years old
18% are 19-27 years old
45% are 28-45 years old
72% under 50 years old
60% tested yesterday were women
https://www.houstonchronicle.com/coronavirus/article/Women-young-adults-showed-up-most-for-drive-thru-15146560.php

Quote:

Harris County judge releases murder suspect on reduced bond after the inmate said he feared coronavirus in jail

A Harris County judge released a murder suspect on a pretrial bond Thursday, after the man requested a bail reduction, saying he feared that COVID-19 would strike the county lockup and "spread like wildfire."

David Cruz, 29, was detained in connection with his friend's death because he couldn't afford a $60,000 bond. He asked Judge DaSean Jones to lower his bond to $30,000 and impose electronic monitoring and pretrial supervision. His lawyer stated in court documents Monday that COVID-19 "is certainly going to strike the Harris County jail population and spread like wildfire among inmates." If Cruz were released, the lawyer said, Cruz would live with his parents and work as an estimator at the family's lamination business.

Cruz's lawyer, David Cunningham, declined to comment.

Jones, who presides in the 180th district court, has been at the forefront on bond reform among the felony judges. He declined to speak about the particulars of the Cruz case, but said the friction over such bond rulings stems from the fact that most people don't understand that poverty is not a lawful reason to keep people locked up. It's not his job to presume by default that defendants are guilty and should be detained, he said.

The judge mentioned the 8th Amendment prohibition against excessive bail and fines and cruel and unusual punishments. He said you can't keep someone "an eternity," citing a portion of the Texas constitution that states says you can hold someone with a criminal history for 60 days without bond, but then you must set a bond.

"They don't realize that the elements that we're supposed to look at do not include the person being poor," he said. "No judge should be using jail as a punitive effort before a person has plead or been found guilty."

Investigators said at the time of Cruz's arrest in August that the defendant said he accidentally killed his friend. Cruz faces a first-degree felony murder in the fatal shooting of Christian Tristan in southeast Houston. Cruz had told three family members he accidentally shot his 27-year-old friend and then tossed the gun over a bridge on Navigation, according to police.

Cruz has a prior felony conviction for failing to stop and render aid in a 2011 hit and run.
Betoisafurry
Hope that judge gets the Chinese virus
IDaggie06
AG
Wish you all would order take out at restaurants instead of buying up all these groceries. Restaurants need the money more than the grocery Food manufacturers
htxag09
AG
Definitely not trying to be a dick or confrontational, but we cooked every day before this deal started. Maybe ate out a couple times a week.

I'd love to eat out every meal now to support the local businesses, but the truth is with this market my wife and myself are very likely to be part of layoffs as well. Hell, being in o&g its probably more likely that I'm laid off then the local restaurant close. So I'll continue cooking daily, order lunch or dinner a couple times a week and save money in case we are jobless soon.
TXTransplant
htxag09 said:

Definitely not trying to be a dick or confrontational, but we cooked every day before this deal started. Maybe ate out a couple times a week.

I'd love to eat out every meal now to support the local businesses, but the truth is with this market my wife and myself are very likely to be part of layoffs as well. Hell, being in o&g its probably more likely that I'm laid off then the local restaurant close. So I'll continue cooking daily, order lunch or dinner a couple times a week and save money in case we are jobless soon.

We don't even eat out once a week...maybe a 2-3 times a month. I'm trying to stick to a normal routine as much as possible right now. Maybe we will get sick of eating at home after a couple of weeks.

There are SO MANY local businesses - not just restaurants - that I want to support right now because I would be SO disappointed if any one of them went out of business. But the reality is that I can't afford to help them all.

Edited to add: maybe we should start a new thread for our favorite local businesses and any specials they may be running right now?
AgLiving06
Which was obviously going to be the problem here.

They are probably the same people hoarding water
First Page Last Page
Page 40 of 599

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.