Houston
Sponsored by

Tine Coronavirus thread

2,500,276 Views | 20959 Replies | Last: 2 mo ago by Ciboag96
Noble07
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Positivity rate seems like an outdated metric at this point. Fewer people are going to get tested unless they're pretty sure they have it...it's not like it was last summer.
TarponChaser
Noble07 said:

Positivity rate seems like an outdated metric at this point. Fewer people are going to get tested unless they're pretty sure they have it...it's not like it was last summer.

For sure. 99% have mild cases and testing only causes headaches so why test unless you're really sick?
BohunkAg
AG
TXTransplant said:

It's like the boy who cried wolf at this point. No one with more than two brain cells is paying any attention to this anymore.

And, there is probably no hope of anyone paying attention to this tracker (or one similar to it) during any future "crisis" because the PTB have totally undermined their credibility.
Good luck to Dora trying to organize a hurricane evacuation after this fiasco.
TXTransplant
That's exactly what I was thinking!!!
cajunaggie08
AG
BohunkAg said:

TXTransplant said:

It's like the boy who cried wolf at this point. No one with more than two brain cells is paying any attention to this anymore.

And, there is probably no hope of anyone paying attention to this tracker (or one similar to it) during any future "crisis" because the PTB have totally undermined their credibility.
Good luck to Dora trying to organize a hurricane evacuation after this fiasco.
I remember everyone here mocking her when she compared the arctic storm to a cat 5 hurricane event. Government officials should err on the side of over-cautious in my opinion.
Bassmaster
AG
There is overcautious and there is disingenuous. She is disingenuous on the code red b/s.
Jackal99
AG
And my phone just went ape**** with an "emergency alert" that vaccination sites are now open "with or without an appointment." Do we really need a screeching alert to let us know that?
TarponChaser
Bassmaster said:

There is overcautious and there is disingenuous. She is disingenuous on the code red b/s.

You mean like Dora and her ****tarded use of the emergency alerts that just popped on my phone?
AlaskanAg99
AG
For your pleasure.
Post removed:
by user
RO519
AG
What part of that alert is an emergency?
Quincey P. Morris
AG
That woman uses emergency alerts like a distribution list.
chimpanzee
Ranger #007 said:

We'll be getting an ad for her essential oils business on her way out if she loses reelection.
TX04Aggie
AG
Haha. Just landed at IAH. Everyones's phones on plane started going insane as we turned the signal back on with Dora's latest blast...
TXTransplant
Bassmaster said:

There is overcautious and there is disingenuous fear-mongering. She is disingenuous fear-mongering on the code red b/s.
Bondag
AG
Just turned it off. It looks like they added Public Safety Alerts in case you have emergency alerts turned off.
TXTransplant
Ugh...I'm in MoCo. This means my phone is going to go off when I get home later.
Ducks4brkfast
AG
TXTransplant said:

Ugh...I'm in MoCo. This means my phone is going to go off when I get home later.
omg
TXTransplant
I know, I'm being a drama queen. It's just annoying that they hunt you down eventually.

I just turned them all off. So if there is an actual emergency, I'll just be in the dark about it.
The Wonderer
AG
TXTransplant said:

I know, I'm being a drama queen. It's just annoying that they hunt you down eventually.

I just turned them all off. So if there is an actual emergency, I'll just be in the dark about it.
To be fair, things generally hit MoCo about 3 weeks after the real world, so you should be fine.

*I'm a lawyer, but not your lawyer. This is not legal advice and an attorney-client relationship does not exist between you and me*
TXTransplant
Haha...no, MoCo doesn't send these alerts. I work in MoCo, but live in Harris. So, I'll get the alert as soon as I cross Spring Creek later tonight. At least that's what happened the last time they sent out a "Level Red - Stay Home" alert. When was that...NYE?
StillNotAnAggie
I live in MoCo and got the alert on all of my phones today.
TXTransplant
That's interesting. If they come from Harris Co, I don't get them unless I'm in Harris Co. Coworker who also lives in Harris Co didn't get one, either.
Post removed:
by user
one MEEN Ag
AG
There definitely needs to be some restraint on these emergency broadcasts.

Society didn't sign up for mass texts messages because apple said they're good for you.
aTm_bomb
AG
Maybe they are area code specific? I didn't get one and live/work in Houston but my cell is a 979 number.
Unemployed
AG
chimpanzee said:

Ranger #007 said:

We'll be getting an ad for her essential oils business on her way out if she loses reelection.
I want to rub those oils all over her big titties.
aTm2004
AG
RealTalk said:

chimpanzee said:

Ranger #007 said:

Classic tine board.
Jackal99
AG
RealTalk said:

chimpanzee said:

Ranger #007 said:

Username checks out...I guess?
Onceaggie2.0
RealTalk said:

chimpanzee said:

Ranger #007 said:

you putting a paper bag over her face first?
TXTransplant
aTm_bomb said:

Maybe they are area code specific? I didn't get one and live/work in Houston but my cell is a 979 number.

I have a Mississippi area code.
AlaskanAg99
AG
I think the alerts go out via specific towers, it shouldn't be restricted to area codes.
aTm2004
AG
Onceaggie2.0 said:

RealTalk said:

chimpanzee said:

Ranger #007 said:

you putting a paper bag over her face first?
I could deal with the face as long as she didn't talk.
rilloaggie
AG
That's what the amber alert sound was?? I was at Captain Toms enjoying some birthday oysters when everyone's phone went ape. Wife and I didn't get it so I assumed it was something important. Glad she has time to use EAS like it's freaking Twitter and not deal with jackasses out on bail hitting people while they run from the cops. Oh yeah, got clipped by a vunnable in a freaking Nissan Cube on the way home. Allegedly there was an insurance card involved but I'm betting either a stolen car or a cancelled policy based on the individuals that scattered from the car like cockroaches once it plowed through a street sign and into someone's yard. Oh and based on conversations I overheard the constables having, outstanding warrants were involved with multiple passengers. Thanks Dora and harris county judges, you freaking [redacted]. Thanks for the birthday present.
gougler08
AG
No update here on SW side, must be cause we are only Code Orange now
First Page Last Page
Page 403 of 599

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.