Houston
Sponsored by

Tine Coronavirus thread

2,499,070 Views | 20959 Replies | Last: 2 mo ago by Ciboag96
Post removed:
by user
chimpanzee
How long do you want to ignore this user?
FHKChE07 said:

Well, why don't you act like it and wear your mask, gloves and get your vaccine before working out alone outside in your backyard?
Just waiting on the vent hood to be installed above my Peloton.
chimpanzee
Keegan99 said:

When there was some concern that the IFR was in the 2-3% range, restrictions made sense. That is the potential for a massive number of dead bodies.

Once it became clear that it was closer to 0.2-0.3% range, every restriction should have been eliminated.

What was bizarre is that so many did not want the disease to be so mild. They were cheerleading death.

It was a year long Super Bowl for a bunch of nannies that weren't ambitious or organized enough to actually run for office and win (and a few that were).

It sucks pretty bad if you are old or sick, worse yet if you are both, but otherwise it's well within the range of risks that we breeze past without a second thought.
Fitch
AG
beerad12man said:

Fitch said:

Have to say the whole wide ranging psychoanalysis of this mask thing is pretty entertaining to observe as one who really doesn't give a damn one way or the other. First world problems indeed.
Maybe I have misread you, but I always feel hat most of those that say they don't really care about masks one way or another, or that masks aren't a big deal, have just forgotten what it's like to not have to wear one.

To see a facial expression, a smile, have interpersonal behavior. It's just dehumanizing to walk in a place and see everyone having one on, all looking the same. There's nothing natural about this and human beings have outsmarted themselves with this one, IMHO. We were never meant to muzzle our faces(yeah, I get the argument of those that say we were never meant to wear clothes, either. I don't equate the two as one is what you communicate with).

Every time I am in a place without a mask on just feels different and free. And I think many have forgotten that feeling. I absolutely cannot wait to get to a point to see more people without masks than with them. That will be a very, very happy day.
Maybe our experiences have been different. I see people maskless every day. It's only a thing at the grocery store or on flights, both times when I really have no interest in seeing or talking to anyone.

Understand that has not been everyone's experience...
aTm_bomb
AG
beerad12man said:

Fitch said:

Have to say the whole wide ranging psychoanalysis of this mask thing is pretty entertaining to observe as one who really doesn't give a damn one way or the other. First world problems indeed.
Maybe I have misread you, but I always feel hat most of those that say they don't really care about masks one way or another, or that masks aren't a big deal, have just forgotten what it's like to not have to wear one.

To see a facial expression, a smile, have interpersonal behavior. It's just dehumanizing to walk in a place and see everyone having one on, all looking the same. There's nothing natural about this and human beings have outsmarted themselves with this one, IMHO. We were never meant to muzzle our faces(yeah, I get the argument of those that say we were never meant to wear clothes, either. I don't equate the two as one is what you communicate with).

Every time I am in a place without a mask on just feels different and free. And I think many have forgotten that feeling. I absolutely cannot wait to get to a point to see more people without masks than with them. That will be a very, very happy day.
Then you aren't communicating to your full potential...
beerad12man
AG
No, grocery stores are the main thing, other than of course 45 hours a week in my office I have to wear them even as a fully vaccinated person.

Either way, both the grocery store and my office suck, and doesn't do diddly squat to prevent community spread. All it is, is a continued reminder of the world we are in now, with likely no real world benefit from the beginning, and certainly with vaccines, a decreasing benefit by the day.
The Wonderer
AG
gougler08 said:

wessimo said:

22 "new" cases
Code Red

CoDe ReD iS wHy ThE nUmBeRs ArE sO lOw!!!

/Hildagoprobably
Jugstore Cowboy
AG
chimpanzee said:

FHKChE07 said:

Well, why don't you act like it and wear your mask, gloves and get your vaccine before working out alone outside in your backyard?
I want to get that ****ing mirror that cheers you on as if other humans are actually nearby and interacting with you. Between that, reddit, twitter, etc, there will basically be no reason to ever have to leave the house when I can have imaginary friends plying me with praise in my bedroom. Hopefully there's a setting to turn on the affirmations and cheers even when you're not exercising, because we know that I won't use it for that.
Quincey P. Morris
AG
Supposedly they are according to my wife. It's kinda funny to me because our son is in band and the one little outbreak they had got tracked back to a homeschool kid.
Fitch
AG
I think I've mentioned this before, but the office dynamic you have going there is absolutely insane. We have a loose policy of wearing one walking around or in common areas but at desks or more than half the time in meetings it's normal.
TXTransplant
beerad12man said:

No, grocery stores are the main thing, other than of course 45 hours a week in my office I have to wear them even as a fully vaccinated person.

Either way, both the grocery store and my office suck, and doesn't do diddly squat to prevent community spread. All it is, is a continued reminder of the world we are in now, with likely no real world benefit from the beginning, and certainly with vaccines, a decreasing benefit by the day.
Do you have to wear a mask even when your in your office alone? I can at least take mine off then, and I don't typically put it on if someone comes into my office to talk to me. But, if I get up to go to the restroom, kitchen, copy machine, etc., it has to be on. And we still have elevator and bathroom occupancy restrictions. A few people are starting to have meetings in conference rooms, but most still prefer Teams.
TXTransplant
Ranger #007 said:

Supposedly they are according to my wife. It's kinda funny to me because our son is in band and the one little outbreak they had got tracked back to a homeschool kid.
That was supposedly what happened when my kid's band had an exposure . Thankfully, mine didn't meet the criteria to get a call from Harris Co Public Health.
XpressAg09
AG
TAM85 said:

That chart needs another column for people who have already had covid and have the anti-bodies.

Which, at this point, has to be damn near everybody not in BFE.
Nitro Power
AG
TAM85 said:

That chart needs another column for people who have already had covid and have the anti-bodies.
Also need one for those that have gone on about their life. Easter service was packed to the gills. I haven't died yet...maybe tomorrow, but not today.
When you fall to your knees and ask God for help, don’t forget to fall back on your knees and say ‘thank you’ when He answers.- Steve Torrence
htxag09
AG
https://www.instagram.com/tv/COJIC69J7jg/?igshid=1tzj02eknwaio
Nitro Power
AG
Nice
When you fall to your knees and ask God for help, don’t forget to fall back on your knees and say ‘thank you’ when He answers.- Steve Torrence
Daddy-O5
AG
"Covid respects the game"

"republicans don't like to live in fear, that's why they don't wear a mask..... and they carry a 9mm"
chimpanzee
Harry Lime said:

chimpanzee said:

FHKChE07 said:

I want to get that ****ing mirror that cheers you on as if other humans are actually nearby and interacting with you. Between that, reddit, twitter, etc, there will basically be no reason to ever have to leave the house when I can have imaginary friends plying me with praise in my bedroom. Hopefully there's a setting to turn on the affirmations and cheers even when you're not exercising, because we know that I won't use it for that.
Next thing you know, they'll make some kind of goggles that you can wear to pretend you have a girlfriend during alone time!
Bassmaster
AG
Same here, still alive. There were probably 1,500 people in our service and I could've probably counted the number of masks I saw on two hands.
tamuags08
AG

TarponChaser
That's awesome. I posted that to FB. I want to see if they censor it or put a warning label.
chimpanzee
TarponChaser said:

That's awesome. I posted that to FB. I want to see if they censor it or put a warning label.
The Babylon Bee might lead us out of this whole mess by getting people to laugh at the absurdity before they apply their fear filter.
beerad12man
AG
TXTransplant said:

beerad12man said:

Do you have to wear a mask even when your in your office alone? I can at least take mine off then, and I don't typically put it on if someone comes into my office to talk to me. But, if I get up to go to the restroom, kitchen, copy machine, etc., it has to be on. And we still have elevator and bathroom occupancy restrictions. A few people are starting to have meetings in conference rooms, but most still prefer Teams.
At all times in the building regardless of social distancing, is the official narrative / stance by the company./ Of course, I sip water, coffee, and snack all throughout the day. So mine is on about half the time. But I pushed it a little more than that and the owner called me out. We also have an irrational/fearful person about 15 feet away from me in an adjacent desk. Both of us are fully vaccinated, but I'm not sure she can ever accept we both take masks off. Hopefully that doesn't create an issue should the company decide to remove the official stance. Because the second they do, I'm not wearing one ever again even if she gets upset with it.

I really hope we at least adopt your policy of only when moving from your desk, especially now that vaccines are widely spread. But knowing my company, I have doubts.
TarponChaser
beerad12man said:

TXTransplant said:

beerad12man said:

At all times in the building regardless of social distancing, is the official narrative / stance by the company./ Of course, I sip water, coffee, and snack all throughout the day. So mine is on about half the time. But I pushed it a little more than that and the owner called me out. We also have an irrational/fearful person about 15 feet away from me in an adjacent desk. Both of us are fully vaccinated, but I'm not sure she can ever accept we both take masks off. Hopefully that doesn't create an issue should the company decide to remove the official stance. Because the second they do, I'm not wearing one ever again even if she gets upset with it.

I really hope we at least adopt your policy of only when moving from your desk, especially now that vaccines are widely spread. But knowing my company, I have doubts.

Vaccinated and still irrationally afraid and getting upset if you (and presumably others) go without masks?

She should be fired for stupidity.
aTm2004
AG
beerad12man said:

TXTransplant said:

beerad12man said:

Please tell me you randomly have coughing spurts throughout the day, only pausing to feel your head for a fever.
beerad12man
AG
Oh she will have no say. It's all about the owners. The point was, I sincerely hope she doesn't go full Karen if/when the owners do ease on the mask mandates. I'm not doing it to appease an irrational fear. I do it because it's required by ownership. I suppose I could get a new job, but rocking the boat that much right now when I have a cush, nice paying job over this is dumb. I'll see how I feel in 3 months if masks are dropping everywhere and he still keeps it
Stat Monitor Repairman

What happens when you have ventilators that aren't FDA approved.

Its over folks. Time to end this nonsense.
Jack Klompus
AG
3 out of 5 metrics below the threshold yesterday, and it just so happens that positivity rate wasn't updated due to a "glitch".
Ronnie
AG
I'm surprised they finally let the hosptial capacity dip below 15%, seemed artificially close there for a while
jetch17
AG
Jack Klompus said:

3 out of 5 metrics below the threshold yesterday, and it just so happens that positivity rate wasn't updated due to a "glitch".

Is that TMC? Or Harris co?
Jack Klompus
AG
Harris Co.
AlaskanAg99
AG
https://covid-harriscounty.hub.arcgis.com/
Seabreeze
LOL!!!!
TXTransplant
It's like the boy who cried wolf at this point. No one with more than two brain cells is paying any attention to this anymore.

And, there is probably no hope of anyone paying attention to this tracker (or one similar to it) during any future "crisis" because the PTB have totally undermined their credibility.
htxag09
AG
At least the toll road signs no longer say code red, stay home.

They now say no appointment necessary to get your vaccine at NRG, wait time: 0 minutes
First Page Last Page
Page 402 of 599

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.