Houston
Sponsored by

Tine Coronavirus thread

2,499,905 Views | 20959 Replies | Last: 2 mo ago by Ciboag96
Jugstore Cowboy
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
That ****ing child is on Twitter all the time too, using 2 different accounts to spam political propaganda.
ChemAg15
AG
In multiple languages
ChemAg15
AG
No me gusta Lina "Los Chi-Chis" Hidalgo.
Rustys-Beef-o-Reeno
AG
I got blown up on a 361 area code
XpressAg09
AG
Guys, go to notifications and turn Lina off. Keep Whataburger on, though.
dbryanc87
I'm addicted to that water sort game!
TarponChaser
Two weeks+ out from attending a "super spreader" event (Astros game) with no mask and no attempts to social distance. It's been a rough time planning all four of our funerals which are surely to come in short order.
one MEEN Ag
AG
The problem with this is, I want emergency alerts when they are emergencies. If there is a tornado in my area, I want a tornado warning. If the norks decide they want to glass austin like they had threatened a couple years ago - let me load up and get off of lake travis.

But I can't stand this idea that apple has granted a free pass to any governmental official to spam us about whatever they want.

aTm2004
AG
TarponChaser said:

Two weeks+ out from attending a "super spreader" event (Astros game) with no mask and no attempts to social distance. It's been a rough time planning all four of our funerals which are surely to come in short order.
Since the end is near for you, might as well go out with bang that would make Doc Brown jealous.
XpressAg09
AG
one MEEN Ag said:

The problem with this is, I want emergency alerts when they are emergencies. If there is a tornado in my area, I want a tornado warning. If the norks decide they want to glass austin like they had threatened a couple years ago - let me load up and get off of lake travis.
Allow Weather Channel Notifications? As for North Korea, I'm unconvinced they could glass Japan, let alone Austin.

Plus, it's only an "emergency" if/when the government says it is...
htxag09
AG
Weather channel notifications have gotten even worse than these Hidalgo ones. I have several apps I deleted because of Covid. Another example is citizen. I loved it. Notified when and where crimes were when they occurred near me. I could only handle so many daily covid updates and emergency alerts for new strains. And of course you can't go in and just turn off covid notifications
one MEEN Ag
AG
XpressAg09 said:

one MEEN Ag said:

Allow Weather Channel Notifications? As for North Korea, I'm unconvinced they could glass Japan, let alone Austin.

Plus, it's only an "emergency" if/when the government says it is...
A) The north korea joke was harkening back to a map NK released stating where their missiles could reach. They had all the west coast major cities and then out of nowhere - Austin. Some Texans were immediately more okay with the north koreans.

B) I agree that governments get to abuse emergency status. I just don't like technology masquerading propaganda as a civil service. You don't think city officials are going - man each one of these alerts is worth a million dollars in reelection advertising.
Ag06Law
AG
So no one else noticed that yesterday's alert came from the Houston Health Department, which is a unit of the COH, not Harris County? I mean, I'm all for some good Lina bashing, but let's not let Sly off the hook that easily.
one MEEN Ag
AG
Then why did I get it when I wasn't in the city of houston then?
jetch17
AG
Ag06Law said:

So no one else noticed that yesterday's alert came from the Houston Health Department, which is a unit of the COH, not Harris County? I mean, I'm all for some good Lina bashing, but let's not let Sly off the hook that easily.

F the HHD
Jugstore Cowboy
AG
Are we seriously still in the same "Code Red" bull**** that we were a year ago?

chimpanzee
If Hidalgo wins re-election, I'm moving to a meth trailer outside of Splendora.
Jackal99
AG
Harry Lime said:

Comply or else, Harold!
jetch17
AG
Harry Lime said:

Bondag
AG
Racist virus

https://instagr.am/p/COPRcSapihT
SquanchyAg
Bondag said:

Racist virus

we're in Code Red and there was 147 new cases in Housotn on 4/28? out of how many people? this is pretty crazy that people are still freaking out about covid.
jetch17
AG
SquanchyAg said:

Bondag said:

Racist virus

we're in Code Red and there was 147 new cases in Housotn on 4/28? out of how many people? this is pretty crazy that people are still freaking out about covid.

Greater than 2M ....
Ag06Law
AG
SquanchyAg said:

Bondag said:

Racist virus

Only 80 within the last two weeks. The rest are old.
Post removed:
by user
SquanchyAg
Ag06Law said:

SquanchyAg said:

Bondag said:

Racist virus

Oh geez. The way they present the data, it makes it look like 147 new cases in that one day. That's 80 new cases in the last 2 weeks? Wtf?!?!?
gougler08
AG
SquanchyAg said:

Ag06Law said:

SquanchyAg said:

Bondag said:

Racist virus

Oh geez. The way they present the data, it makes it look like 147 new cases in that one day. That's 80 new cases in the last 2 weeks? Wtf?!?!?

Technically they do it that way every day so with all the various rolls it probably ends up being decently accurate, but the number is still ridiculously low
Ag06Law
AG
SquanchyAg said:

Ag06Law said:

SquanchyAg said:

Bondag said:

Racist virus

Yep, a little under 6 cases per day in a city of 2.3 million. Your chances of getting struck by lightning during today's storms are way better than the chance of you randomly encountering someone who has Covid. But mask up!
TarponChaser
If a couple thousand cases a day, a year ago, didn't phase me then this isn't even a fart in a hurricane.
Nitro Power
AG
Do you think Dora feels like a dumbass...like at all?
When you fall to your knees and ask God for help, don’t forget to fall back on your knees and say ‘thank you’ when He answers.- Steve Torrence
Ag06Law
AG
Nitro Power said:

Do you think Dora feels like a dumbass...like at all?

No, I honestly think she's delusional to the point where she thinks we're all dumbasses for ignoring her sound advice.

I haven't been a big fan of Abbott's handling of this, but can you imagine if he hadn't taken power to make enforceable rules away from county judges? We would be so effed right now.
Post removed:
by user
Nitro Power
AG
She definitely has no sense of awareness. She doesn't realize how much of an embarrassment she is to a vast majority of people. As someone mentioned previously, with Abbott clipping her wings the damage she can cause is limited. Otherwise, everyone would realize how clueless she is.
When you fall to your knees and ask God for help, don’t forget to fall back on your knees and say ‘thank you’ when He answers.- Steve Torrence
Post removed:
by user
aTm2004
AG
Ag06Law said:

SquanchyAg said:

Ag06Law said:

SquanchyAg said:

Bondag said:

Racist virus

Yep, a little under 6 cases per day in a city of 2.3 million. Your chances of getting rear ended and injured by an uninsured illegal are way better than the chance of you randomly encountering someone who has Covid. But mask up!

fify
ChemAg15
AG
Dora is acting in her own personal self interest. It is obvious that she is not being genuine with her constituents because no rational person thinks we should be code red stay safe. She clearly stands to benefit politically or financially by artificially extending the pandamic. She's likely been promised a position in Kamalas cabinet for keeping one of the largest metro areas of the country in check.
First Page Last Page
Page 404 of 599

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.