Houston
Sponsored by

Tine Coronavirus thread

2,500,299 Views | 20959 Replies | Last: 2 mo ago by Ciboag96
J. Walter Weatherman
How long do you want to ignore this user?
aTm2004 said:

CoachRTM said:

aTm2004 said:

CoachRTM said:

aTm2004 said:

CoachRTM said:

aTm2004 said:

CoachRTM said:

Seersucker Ag 2011 said:

CoachRTM said:

I don't understand the people who are upset with others wearing masks. If you don't want to wear one, don't. If a store requires it, either put it on or go somewhere else. 5 years from now when COVID is just a memory, there will still be some people wearing masks - it was common in Asia even before COVID, and I would imagine something similar will happen now here.

Maybe it's just me, but life's too short to get triggered by every person walking around in a mask when it is a personal/ business choice on whether or not they are wearing it (in Texas anyway).

.... And this is coming from someone who thinks that wearing masks is just emotion theater the way 99% of people wear them.
People absolutely have the right to continue to wear masks or any other silly stuff that they want to wear. Businesses absolutely have the right to require masks or any other silly stuff they want to require.

But many people are sheep and won't ditch the mask until others do as well. I went to a completely outdoor event in a huge, spread out park this past weekend and probably 75% of the 2000+ people there wore masks throughout. There was no requirement, there's no state or local mask mandate in place, and there's honestly no risk since it was outside and completely spread out. Yet, the masks continue.

Is it their right? Sure. Is it good for us as a society? Absolutely not. I'm not "triggered" by others wearing masks. But, especially in outdoor situations, it's disheartening.
Ok, so you are disheartened by others' decisions that they personally make. I can understand that. Can you also understand why they would be disheartened by your decision to not wear one? From their vantage point, wearing a mask is (at worst) a minor inconvenience that could "save lives".

Take who is right out of the equation, because they believe you are just as wrong as you believe they are.

I'm sure if you ask them where the 6' rule came from, they couldn't tell you. And if you tell them it was pulled out of someone's ass, they wouldn't believe you, even when you show them proof. You'd think that would be enough for people to question what other BS we've been dealing with for the past year that was forced upon us with zero scientific evidence of it actually working.
I'm sure they'd answer that it came from the CDC, who is filled with scientists that we should be listening to. They believe science is on their side.

Look - I'm not arguing one way or another, I'm trying to reasonably see both sides. There are idiots on both sides of the argument.

Came from the CDC who pulled it out of their ass and had zero scientific proof for it. Do you honestly not see the issue there or are you choosing to be obtuse on purpose?
Everything was pretty civil around here until you started popping up. Chill out a little bit.

Translation: He's right, so I need to hop on the "hate aTm2004 bandwagon" in hopes I'll get some support from the argument I can't refute.

Quote:

I understand the CDC did (does) not have any scientific data for the 6-foot guidelines and has since reduced it to 3 feet. I understand why you don't trust the CDC. I didn't say I agreed with the people who blindly follow the CDC, because I don't.
All I'm doing is questioning it. If the "CDC, who is filled with scientists that we should be listening to" pulled a number out of thin air with zero science supporting it and then pushed it to the masses, I'm wondering why in the hell we should ever trust the CDC again.

Quote:

I CAN at least understand people who do trust them, however. If you don't trust them, who are you supposed to trust and listen to? I'd rather it be the CDC or WHO than the US Government.
I don't trust them because they've been proven to lie to us to push their agenda. Because of that, I will forever question anything they say due to their credibility being about as solid as Juicy's. CDC, WHO, US Government...all the same inside with different clothing.
I don't hate anyone. I rarely post on this board and don't even know who you are. So far, my impression is that you are an antagonist and defensive, and not prone to meaningful conversation.

And ok, you think the CDC lied to you once and you won't believe them again because of that. At least I understand where you're coming from. Like I said, I'm kind of in the middle on all this and just trying to understand everyone's takes.
I don't think they lied to me. It's been proven they have. I'm just not going to sit back and accept anything else they say again because they shot their credibility.

The CDC is still requiring a negative test to come in from other countries even if you are vaccinated. Regardless of any other garbage they have put out, that alone is so absurd and non-sensical that they should lose whatever credibility they have left. Wtf is the point of getting vaccinated if you still have to abide by restrictions like that (and others)?
TXTransplant
How is it that we are a year into this and these government "experts" still think we are too dumb/reckless to make our own decisions on behalf of our family's individual situation?

The message should be "If you and/or the at-risk people you come in close contact with are vaccinated, make your own decision about wearing a mask."

Use the brain God gave you and stop waiting for the government, an "expert", a Facebook meme, or some random stranger to tell you it's "safe" to take off the mask...or to fly on a plane, or go to a restaurant, or go to the gym, or whatever other "pre-Covid" thing it is you want to resume.
CDUB98
AG
This thread is pretty slow until aTm2004 shows up for a couple of hours.
aTm2004
AG
CDUB98 said:

This thread is pretty slow until aTm2004 shows up for a couple of hours.

TX04Aggie
AG
HEB Bunker Hill. Sans mask. 4 of us. All bro nod. I like how that seems to be the thing now with us non maskersSmile and a nod. Had an older guy without a mask today at that HEB, say "good for you man". Then we talked for a minute and it was actually nice to positively engage with someone in a retail setting.
JFrench
AG
Gazing at the shelf maskless at HEB this weekend. I had a lady stop and tell me thank you. She took her mask off and said I gave her the courage to remove it. I thought it was silly at first but she was sincere.

Liberating from the condiment aisle
ptothemo
AG
Were you checking the inventory levels of all your mustard?
AgsMyDude
AG
Should have pointed out you weren't wearing a bra either
SidsBurnerAccount
cone said:

she should be fired immediately

not for being necessarily wrong, but for losing composure on a serious matter when strength is required and clear communication critical

just ****ing disgraceful

Had my physical today....my doc went off on the public health folks completely failing in their jobs
BowSowy
AG
CoachRTM said:

Look - I'm not arguing one way or another, I'm trying to reasonably see both sides. There are idiots on both sides of the argument.
For someone who isn't arguing one way or another, you sure do love to come on here and argue with people who are anti-mask.

I think everyone here is well aware of your stance on this issue after the 3rd or 4th time you've gotten into it.
Post removed:
by user
CoachRTM
AG
BowSowy said:

CoachRTM said:

For someone who isn't arguing one way or another, you sure do love to come on here and argue with people who are anti-mask.

I think everyone here is well aware of your stance on this issue after the 3rd or 4th time you've gotten into it.

I think that "anti-maskers" and "covidians" are equally obtuse. To act like there aren't shades of grey in this whole deal is pretty ignorant.
Unemployed
AG
I'm just here for the LOLs.

All of this has been "discussed" ad nauseam. People are just now bored.

Everybody just wants this sht to be over.
Rustys-Beef-o-Reeno
AG
Not everyone comrade.
Unemployed
AG
Ag_07
AG
I'm just hear to bltch about this stupid ass vaccine card.

Who the hell decided to make this damn thing too big to carry in a wallet?
LostInLA07
AG
Why do you want to carry it in your wallet?
Post removed:
by user
Unemployed
AG
Ag_07 said:

I'm just hear to bltch about this stupid ass vaccine card.

Who the hell decided to make this damn thing too big to carry in a wallet?
Don't worry. There'll be an app for your phone that can be used to scan the microchip in your body.
Post removed:
by user
jetch17
TarponChaser
third coast.. said:

In Singapore you had to scan a QR code everywhere you went to check in and out and leave a tracking app on your phone on at all times. It would interrogate those around you and if someone popped positive the government contact tracers would get your info from the app amd see who you were around. It was way too big brothery for me.

And it doesn't take a whole lot to know that this is what the government here wants too but they don't want to come right out and say it so they're going to try to half-measure it with these stupid vaccination "passports." You never know how it will play out but I guarantee you that some very liberal locale will try to make possession of one a proof of vaccination a requirement for travel and get sued- I don't see how it stand up to constitutional scrutiny but it can be a crapshoot. Of course there will be plenty out there who are just A-OK with being tracked in this manner "for our own safety."
cajunaggie08
AG
J. Walter Weatherman said:

aTm2004 said:

CoachRTM said:

aTm2004 said:

CoachRTM said:

aTm2004 said:

CoachRTM said:

aTm2004 said:

CoachRTM said:

Seersucker Ag 2011 said:

CoachRTM said:

I don't understand the people who are upset with others wearing masks. If you don't want to wear one, don't. If a store requires it, either put it on or go somewhere else. 5 years from now when COVID is just a memory, there will still be some people wearing masks - it was common in Asia even before COVID, and I would imagine something similar will happen now here.

Maybe it's just me, but life's too short to get triggered by every person walking around in a mask when it is a personal/ business choice on whether or not they are wearing it (in Texas anyway).

.... And this is coming from someone who thinks that wearing masks is just emotion theater the way 99% of people wear them.
People absolutely have the right to continue to wear masks or any other silly stuff that they want to wear. Businesses absolutely have the right to require masks or any other silly stuff they want to require.

But many people are sheep and won't ditch the mask until others do as well. I went to a completely outdoor event in a huge, spread out park this past weekend and probably 75% of the 2000+ people there wore masks throughout. There was no requirement, there's no state or local mask mandate in place, and there's honestly no risk since it was outside and completely spread out. Yet, the masks continue.

Is it their right? Sure. Is it good for us as a society? Absolutely not. I'm not "triggered" by others wearing masks. But, especially in outdoor situations, it's disheartening.
Ok, so you are disheartened by others' decisions that they personally make. I can understand that. Can you also understand why they would be disheartened by your decision to not wear one? From their vantage point, wearing a mask is (at worst) a minor inconvenience that could "save lives".

Take who is right out of the equation, because they believe you are just as wrong as you believe they are.

I'm sure if you ask them where the 6' rule came from, they couldn't tell you. And if you tell them it was pulled out of someone's ass, they wouldn't believe you, even when you show them proof. You'd think that would be enough for people to question what other BS we've been dealing with for the past year that was forced upon us with zero scientific evidence of it actually working.
I'm sure they'd answer that it came from the CDC, who is filled with scientists that we should be listening to. They believe science is on their side.

Came from the CDC who pulled it out of their ass and had zero scientific proof for it. Do you honestly not see the issue there or are you choosing to be obtuse on purpose?
Everything was pretty civil around here until you started popping up. Chill out a little bit.

Translation: He's right, so I need to hop on the "hate aTm2004 bandwagon" in hopes I'll get some support from the argument I can't refute.

Quote:

I understand the CDC did (does) not have any scientific data for the 6-foot guidelines and has since reduced it to 3 feet. I understand why you don't trust the CDC. I didn't say I agreed with the people who blindly follow the CDC, because I don't.
All I'm doing is questioning it. If the "CDC, who is filled with scientists that we should be listening to" pulled a number out of thin air with zero science supporting it and then pushed it to the masses, I'm wondering why in the hell we should ever trust the CDC again.

Quote:

I CAN at least understand people who do trust them, however. If you don't trust them, who are you supposed to trust and listen to? I'd rather it be the CDC or WHO than the US Government.
I don't trust them because they've been proven to lie to us to push their agenda. Because of that, I will forever question anything they say due to their credibility being about as solid as Juicy's. CDC, WHO, US Government...all the same inside with different clothing.
I don't hate anyone. I rarely post on this board and don't even know who you are. So far, my impression is that you are an antagonist and defensive, and not prone to meaningful conversation.

And ok, you think the CDC lied to you once and you won't believe them again because of that. At least I understand where you're coming from. Like I said, I'm kind of in the middle on all this and just trying to understand everyone's takes.
I don't think they lied to me. It's been proven they have. I'm just not going to sit back and accept anything else they say again because they shot their credibility.

The CDC is still requiring a negative test to come in from other countries even if you are vaccinated. Regardless of any other garbage they have put out, that alone is so absurd and non-sensical that they should lose whatever credibility they have left. Wtf is the point of getting vaccinated if you still have to abide by restrictions like that (and others)?
Because the vaccine doesnt full on stop you from contracting and carrying the virus. It just helps keep you from having really bad symptoms from catching it. I dont see the CDC lifting the negative test guideline until more people are vaccinated locally so the threat of someone bringing in a new variant is minimized.
Post removed:
by user
gougler08
AG
cajunaggie08 said:

aTm2004 said:

CoachRTM said:

aTm2004 said:

CoachRTM said:

aTm2004 said:

CoachRTM said:

aTm2004 said:

CoachRTM said:

Seersucker Ag 2011 said:

CoachRTM said:

Quote:

Quote:

Because the vaccine doesnt full on stop you from contracting and carrying the virus. It just helps keep you from having really bad symptoms from catching it. I dont see the CDC lifting the negative test guideline until more people are vaccinated locally so the threat of someone bringing in a new variant is minimized.
Seems to do a pretty good job of preventing infection and transmission

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2021-03-29/pfizer-moderna-vaccines-prevent-infections-in-real-world-study
TXTransplant
gougler08 said:

cajunaggie08 said:

aTm2004 said:

CoachRTM said:

aTm2004 said:

CoachRTM said:

aTm2004 said:

CoachRTM said:

aTm2004 said:

CoachRTM said:

Seersucker Ag 2011 said:

CoachRTM said:

Quote:

Quote:

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2021-03-29/pfizer-moderna-vaccines-prevent-infections-in-real-world-study

Came here to post this. The data clearly shows the vaccine does more than just prevent "really bad symptoms".

Not to mention, the fact that the CDC went almost a year, during the height of the pandemic, NOT requiring a negative test to enter the country, only to implement this policy after the election/inauguration, is a joke.
Post removed:
by user
TXTransplant
third coast.. said:

About this, what are they ongoing to do, deny a citizen access to the country?

If I understand the policy correctly, it only applies if you arrive by air. So, the government is making the airlines do their dirty work. You can't board without a negative test taken within a certain window.
BohunkAg
AG
TXTransplant said:

gougler08 said:

cajunaggie08 said:

aTm2004 said:

CoachRTM said:

aTm2004 said:

CoachRTM said:

aTm2004 said:

CoachRTM said:

aTm2004 said:

CoachRTM said:

Seersucker Ag 2011 said:

CoachRTM said:

Quote:

Quote:

Came here to post this. The data clearly shows the vaccine does more than just prevent "really bad symptoms".

Not to mention, the fact that the CDC went almost a year, during the height of the pandemic, NOT requiring a negative test to enter the country, only to implement this policy after the election/inauguration, is a joke.
Yeah, this is actually a pretty groundbreaking vaccine from what I understand. No one seems to want this to end though.
TXTransplant
BohunkAg said:

TXTransplant said:

gougler08 said:

cajunaggie08 said:

aTm2004 said:

CoachRTM said:

aTm2004 said:

CoachRTM said:

aTm2004 said:

CoachRTM said:

aTm2004 said:

CoachRTM said:

Seersucker Ag 2011 said:

CoachRTM said:

Quote:

Quote:

Yeah, this is actually a pretty groundbreaking vaccine from what I understand. No one seems to want this to end though.

Not really - most vaccines prevent infection and transmission. That's what makes them so effective.

The delivery method (mRNA) is "new", but I wouldn't quite call it groundbreaking because it's been researched/known about for the better part of 20 years. We've know it could be a game-changer, there was just no reason/need to utilize it until now.
Post removed:
by user
TXTransplant
SoupNazi2001 said:

The major concern that I have with this vaccine is the potential that it doesn't stop producing the spike protein and causes some autoimmune disorders as a result down the road in some people. While this is a low likelihood I had Covid and basically had no reaction to it so why risk it to prevent a virus my immune system fought off just fine.

mRNA degrades very quickly. That's been known for a very long time. So, it's not going to hang around in your body. The spike protein that is produced is what triggers your body's immune response (meaning it gets attacked as an invader and destroyed).

And, if you are worried about the spike protein causing some sort of auto-immune disorder, you should be equally (if not more) concerned about catching the virus and having this happen rather than it being caused by the vaccine.
htxag09
AG
Pretty good thread about this on the coronavirus board. Well some good posts that you have to wade through a whole lot of bull**** to find. Essentially, the docs on the thread have a couple points: it's not new, unproven, untried technology. Also, the death rate of coronavirus is really low, however, the lingering effects, even in healthy individuals is significantly higher. Sure, you may get it and not even know it and move on. But the odds of you getting it and have long lasting effects are higher than you getting long lasting effects from the vaccine.

Also, when broken down by the doctors over there, pretty wild how similarly all of it aligns with the outbreak of polio and that vaccine.
TXTransplant
I think that's a reasonable position to take. I definitely considered that before I opted to get vaccinated (I had a mild case back in December). I came to a different conclusion.

I certainly am not trying to sway people one way or the other, I just don't want misinformation about the vaccine to be propagated.
First Page Last Page
Page 378 of 599

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.