Houston
Sponsored by

Tine Coronavirus thread

2,499,399 Views | 20959 Replies | Last: 2 mo ago by Ciboag96
IrishTxAggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
aTm2004
AG
Jack Cheese said:

Italy does not have a crappy healthcare system. It's ignorant to say that they do.

What is working against Italy IMO is that their population skews really OLD. Like, shockingly so. Their birthrate has been the lowest in the western world for a long time, and unemployment among 30-and-under is above 25% (I think)... The few young Italians tend to leave to find work.

Add to the age demographic the higher rates of smoking, more dense population, and there are a ton of factors making Italy worse than the US.
I think this is playing a major role in it. I read that many Italians live in high/mid-rise buildings, even if it's a small town, where here in the US, there's more single family homes and a large percentage of the population is rural.
lancevance
IrishTxAggie said:

Finally someone standing up for what is right
Zobel
AG
I think there's probably a lot of economic considerations driving these shutdown decisions. Bars and restaurants are probably the biggest gains in terms of mitigation with the smallest cost in terms of economic losses.

Tough for those business owners for sure.
IrishTxAggie
AG
k2aggie07 said:

I think there's probably a lot of economic considerations driving these shutdown decisions. Bars and restaurants are probably the biggest gains in terms of mitigation with the smallest cost in terms of economic losses.

You've obviously never seen my bar tabs compared to my grocery bill...

INB4USERNAMECHECKSOUT
Bondag
AG
IrishTxAggie said:

k2aggie07 said:

You've obviously never seen my bar tabs compared to my grocery bill...

INB4USERNAMECHECKSOUT
I just feel sorry for anyone stuck here for work. When I travel for work I will find a nice bar where I can eat have a little conversation and watch sports.

No one wants to go out on the company dime to put Vic and Anthony's on the tab only to go back to hotel room and eat it alone watching whatever is on TV now.
David_Puddy
AG
How are the grocery stores looking? Especially the ones in the Heights area. I was thinking about venturing to the new HEB this afternoon, but wasn't sure if that would be a pointless trip or not.
IrishTxAggie
AG
David_Puddy said:

How are the grocery stores looking? Especially the ones in the Heights area. I was thinking about venturing to the new HEB this afternoon, but wasn't sure if that would be a pointless trip or not.
Haven't been to the Heights HEB since this **** started, but considering how packed it is without it, I wouldn't venture within 1/2 mile of it.
aggiemike02
AG
they are handling it well. not "full" of everything but certainly tons of products stocked and extensive cleaning procedures across the store.
swimmerbabe11
bunker hill is fine
BMX Bandit
David_Puddy said:

Not bad on Saturday.
Ag_07
AG
Eventually stores are gonna be fine because the crazies that are panic hoarding everything are gonna have no reason to buy anything. They're all stocked up and us normal people can get in and get some regularly needed stuff.
aTm2004
AG
drumboy
AG
David_Puddy said:

I haven't been in a week or so but it was fine. I'd try Michoacana if you just need a couple things.
Bondag
AG
Are the testing centers up and running?

How many new cases today?
HtownAg92
AG
IrishTxAggie said:

David_Puddy said:

Haven't been to the Heights HEB since this **** started, but considering how packed it is without it, I wouldn't venture within 1/2 mile of it.
My wife went Sunday morning and was back with full list within an hour. The idiots did their dumbass hoarding on Thursday or Friday. They blew their wads on 15-20 of a bunch of crap they didn't need, so they are eating that up and leaving the stores manageable for normal folks.
Big Cat `93
AG
The HEB in west Pearland was in good shape Friday and yesterday afternoon. No lines, and I got pretty much everything I was looking for. Noticed they had lots of milk yesterday, but produce was slimmer pickings than Friday.

No TP or paper towels because apparently you have to be there when they open to get that stuff.
David_Puddy
AG
Thanks for the updates. Luckily I bought a 12 pack of TP about a week and a half ago during a normal run.
IrishTxAggie
AG
Good to know.
TXTransplant
Teddy Perkins said:

Where can I find testing data for Harris County? Number of tests performed and number of confirmed cases?
This isn't for Harris County, but it gives you a number for the state. Per KHOU.

MARCH 17 12:40 p.m. Gov. Greg Abbott said as of today, Texas is up to 64 confirmed cases of coronavirus across 19 counties. He also mentioned the state's first coronavirus-related death, involving a man in his 90s in Matagorda County. "As of this moment," Abbott said, 1,264 Texans have been tested. "That number will continue to increase dramatically," he added.
TXTransplant
Also, three new cases today, per KHOU.

MARCH 17 11:55 a.m. Harris County reports three new cases of COVID-19. All three new cases are residents age 40 to 50. Two live in northwest Harris County and the other in southeast Harris County. Read more here.

Link below, but it doesn't give much info on the new cases.

https://www.khou.com/article/news/health/coronavirus/houston-area-coronavirus-cases/285-192b8879-08b6-4ec0-8a0f-a0487ead1453

The good news is, with the exception of the Montgomery Co LEO, all of the area cases appear to be doing ok.
XpressAg09
AG
lancevance said:

IrishTxAggie said:

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.
swimmerbabe11
just left bunker hill. no to, no dried pasta. no cocoa krispies. ran into a texagger. no good brownie mix. no canned tuna. no bleach or dish soap. virtually no cleaning supplies. chips are bare. no hamburger helper.

produce and meat is great. milk and eggs are great. ice cream and snacks good. frozen pizza limited.
XpressAg09
AG
aTm2004 said:

Last time I saw this happen, we needed Darth Vader to step in and end it...and he didn't do so for like 35 years.
aTm2004
AG
Went to the Kroger in Kingwood (back) on Sunday to grab a couple of small things (did our monthly shopping early last week) we wanted and most canned goods were gone, no flour or sugar, and the paper aisle looked like a chicken wing after Fat Ketch got a hold of it.

Went to Target in Atascocita last night for a probiotic for the tot (got his 15 month shots on Friday and has been chitting a lot because of it and my PA SIL said to give him that) and to grab a couple of toys for the kids to use as "leave me alone while I work" incentives, so I went to the grocery section for giggles. Not too bad or crazy. Not as bare as I would have expected but not full like usual.

All-in-all, I think things will get back to normal now that the initial panic rush is over. Both places had plenty of fresh produce and proteins.

Cooked a pork shoulder Sunday that we'll eat some more of tonight, then probably grabbing lunch tomorrow, dinner tomorrow, and possibly breakfast on Friday from some local places we really like to help them.
Zobel
AG
We pulled the e-brake too soon in Texas.

Whole stupid country reacted to a real situation in Seattle and NYC, all because the CDC couldn't get their crap together with testing.

I hope as the testing shortage gets resolved we'll be able to do enough that they'll reduce the social distancing until its actually needed.
drumboy
AG
swimmerbabe11 said:

just left bunker hill. no to, no dried pasta. no cocoa krispies. ran into a texagger. no good brownie mix. no canned tuna. no bleach or dish soap. virtually no cleaning supplies. chips are bare. no hamburger helper.

produce and meat is great. milk and eggs are great. ice cream and snacks good. frozen pizza limited.
Did anyone spot your ring and try to recruit you into their network by talking about living on residuals or increasing your cash flow? If so, then we're back to normal.
IrishTxAggie
AG
drumboy said:

swimmerbabe11 said:

Did anyone spot your ring and try to recruit you into their network by talking about living on residuals or increasing your cash flow? If so, then we're back to normal.
She's a Horn Frog
CFTXAG10
AG
The Tine is strong

DVC2010
AG
swimmerbabe11 said:

Proper social distancing requires that you wave politely at Texaggers from 6 feet away. If you're close enough to run into someone, you're close enough to spread viruses.
Ducks4brkfast
AG
XpressAg09 said:

lancevance said:

IrishTxAggie said:

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.
You study constitutional law at the University of Phoenix?
IrishTxAggie
AG
Ducks4brkfast said:

XpressAg09 said:

lancevance said:

IrishTxAggie said:

Would make him more qualified than a lot of attorneys I've come across...
swimmerbabe11
still wear my ring tho
IrishTxAggie
AG
swimmerbabe11 said:

still wear my ring tho
Interesting. Didn't know TCU did class rings.
XpressAg09
AG
Ducks4brkfast said:

First Page Last Page
Page 34 of 599

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.