Houston
Sponsored by

Tine Coronavirus thread

2,500,741 Views | 20959 Replies | Last: 2 mo ago by Ciboag96
lamivudine
How long do you want to ignore this user?
kapon said:

Why did you take the test?
to keep code red in effect.
BowSowy
AG
One positive about this whole COVID thing is that it gives an easy excuse to get out of weddings you don't want to go to but would've looked bad if you didn't go.
Chewy
AG
BowSowy said:

One positive about this whole COVID thing is that it gives an easy excuse to get out of weddings you don't want to go to but would've looked bad if you didn't go.
It's applicable to way more than weddings. Friends or family you're not typically fond of it's also been very convenient for not seeing them. The positives are few and far between but when you get to apply the "pandemic" reasoning to avoid something you never wanted to do in the first place it's pretty awesome.

It's like a junior high or high school female telling a male teacher she needs to go to the bathroom. No more questions asked and do as you please.
Jock 07
AG
Chewy said:

BowSowy said:

It's applicable to way more than weddings. Friends or family you're not typically fond of it's also been very convenient for not seeing them. The positives are few and far between but when you get to apply the "pandemic" reasoning to avoid something you never wanted to do in the first place it's pretty awesome.

It's like a junior high or high school female telling a male teacher she needs to go to the bathroom. No more questions asked and do as you please.

I feel Larry David will have a hilarious take on all of this for the next season of curb
BCOBQ98
AG
To know if I have to stay quarantined for another week or have freedom. Peace of mind?

Why shouldn't I have gotten a test? It's the first and only one I've gotten since this started. I'm not a corona crazy
kapon
AG
I completely agree. I was curious if you had been around someone during the holiday or if a family member got it.
A friend's FIL died of it & now his wife, daughter, & MIL have it.
He's tested 3 times in the last 2 weeks and still showing negative.
BCOBQ98
AG
I was around some family for thanksgiving and would like to let them know. Another family member came down with minor symptoms as well.

Loss of smell and most taste is helping my waistline. Everything tastes the same or essentially like nothing.
Post removed:
by user
BCOBQ98
AG
Was your 48 hours exactly? Been 32 hours and waiting is killing me. Thx
drumboy
AG
My whole family did the MMP Curative test Sunday and results took about 24 hours.
JYDog90
AG
BCOBQ98 said:

Yeah, the waiting is the hardest part.
Formerly Willy Wonka
randy828
AG
Willy Wonka said:

BCOBQ98 said:

Yeah, the waiting is the hardest part.
RIP Tom Petty
I was in the room here one day... watchin' the Mexican channel on TV. I don't know nothin' about Pele. I'm watchin' what this guy can do with a ball and his feet. Next thing I know, he jumps in the air and flips into a somersault and kicks the ball in - upside down and backwards... the dang (sc) goalie never knew what the hell hit him. Pele gets excited and he rips off his jersey and starts running around the stadium waving it around his head. Everybody's screaming in Spanish. I'
BohunkAg
AG
Chewy said:

BowSowy said:

Oh hell yeah, I'm anti-social as it is....this has been a dream for me. "Sorry, can't come...the 'rona."
TX04Aggie
AG
Twas more like 50 hours.. if you type in the CUR# (case number) on their website it will give you play by play.. when sent to lab, received to lab, being processed, etc).
BCOBQ98
AG
Are you talking about the link where you have to put in your birthdate and then it gives you another page which shows your "results. Mine right now just says "checked in" as a status and hasn't changed since the first hour. Is there another place to input the number?
Diggity
AG
you'll get a text when results are in. Try not to sweat it
Ferris Wheel Allstar
AG
Diggity said:

you'll get a text when results are in. Try not to sweat it

ChemAg15
AG
You either have it and you'll live or you don't have it and you'll live.
aTm2004
AG
But without a positive test, how can you tell people you're a COVID survivor?
JYDog90
AG
aTm2004 said:

This is a very good point.

Should we start selling bumper stickers and license plate covers?
Formerly Willy Wonka
T Durden
AG
Willy Wonka said:

aTm2004 said:

This is a very good point.

Should we start selling bumper stickers and license plate covers?

COVID ON BOARD! Warning sign suction cup on back windshield.
XpressAg09
AG
Fun reminder that cases =/= deaths
CowtownAg06
AG
Hospitalization curve is less steep than this summer. I pulled data from SETRAC because it is so robust. I wanted to compare the November rise to June, and it's not even close.

In June:
Gen beds went from 567 to 2184, an increase of 285%
ICU beds went from 337 to 773, an increase of 129%.

In November:
Gen beds went from 651 to 1282, an increase of 97%
ICU beds went from 265 to 521, an increase of 97%.

While the growth should be monitored, right now this looks like a lower peak than summer for Houston.
jetch17
AG
Sly on FB and news talking how he may do curfews etc before & during the holidays

Hope he's ready for the ignore function by the citizens
htxag09
AG
Ignore???? ****, I'll go out of my way to defy his curfews.
Aggie09Derek
AG
Lol at "curfews"

Isn't that just mandating all businesses close at a certain time? No way you can't actually be out after said time.
Post removed:
by user
wessimo
AG
tylercsbn9
AG
htxag09 said:

Ignore???? ****, I'll go out of my way to defy his curfews.

I pretty much never go out past 9pm. Life of having little kids. I'll make an effort to go out after curfew if he mandates one.
Ag_07
AG
So you only get it at night now?
cone
AG
thanks thanksgiving
Fitch
AG
Backlog of admit reports from the holiday week(end)?
CW Griswold
jetch17 said:

Sly on FB and news talking how he may do curfews etc before & during the holidays

Hope he's ready for the ignore function by the citizens

After dark intern knob slobbing is easier to get away with if people are at home.
-
Post removed:
by user
cone
AG
is it flattened? It's not been two weeks since Thanksgiving.
First Page Last Page
Page 309 of 599

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.