Houston
Sponsored by

Tine Coronavirus thread

2,475,765 Views | 20959 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by Ciboag96
Keegan99
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
So far, strong indications that the latest mild increase in Houston is concave down. That would point to a gradual ascent to a lesser, rounded-off maximum.

TarponChaser
So we're not all gonna die?
Keegan99
AG
Sorry. Everyone still dies. But probably not from COVID. And probably not anytime soon.
aTm_bomb
AG
Keegan99 said:

Sorry. Everyone still dies. But probably not from COVID. And probably not anytime soon.

Sorry, I don't understand... Can we get a chart for that?
chimpanzee
Keegan99 said:

Seriously, I'm half convinced that the twitter generation has never considered the fact that they're going to die.

When you added in the twist that it might be the glamorous lifestyle at crowded in-demand locations that would do them in, I think they lost their North star.

ThunderCougarFalconBird
AG
chimpanzee said:

Keegan99 said:

Seriously, I'm half convinced that the twitter generation has never considered the fact that they're going to die.
They've never considered the fact that on a long enough time line, the survival rate for everyone is 0.

BohunkAg
AG
chimpanzee said:

Keegan99 said:

Yep
tylercsbn9
AG
https://www.houstonchronicle.com/news/houston-texas/houston/article/Hidalgo-Thanksgiving-COVID-19-restrictions-holiday-15734158.php

How about no Lena

Quote:

The county also will send an emergency cell phone alert to all residents urging them to get tested for the virus, regardless of whether they have symptoms, as uncontrolled community spread

Lol at this. Got to keep those numbers up
CoachRTM
AG
My wife and I are going to get tested leading up to Thanksgiving. Her grandma is 85 years old and not in great shape. We're getting the sniffles here or there - seasonal allergies, I'm sure - but we need to be COVID negative before being comfortable spending time with Grandma.

I'm sure there will be plenty more like us.
Echoes97
AG
Anyone have some bullet point updates from Dora's drivel this afternoon? Can't watch at work.
tylercsbn9
AG
Echoes97 said:

Anyone have some bullet point updates from Dora's drivel this afternoon? Can't watch at work.

I hope she recommended eating in silence like Jenkins in Dallas
jetch17
AG
i turned it on to catch some, but shes already off on the espanol R-rolling
drumboy
AG
CoachRTM said:

My wife and I are going to get tested leading up to Thanksgiving. Her grandma is 85 years old and not in great shape. We're getting the sniffles here or there - seasonal allergies, I'm sure - but we need to be COVID negative before being comfortable spending time with Grandma.

I'm sure there will be plenty more like us.
I have friends that quarantine for 2 weeks before seeing their geezer relatives but this is a much easier approach. I got tested for free yesterday at the Memorial Park van and got results today. Similar time frame when I did the testing by Minute Maid.

https://curativetest.com/search

Now hopefully I'm still negative when I get pre-travel testing on Friday....
aTm2004
AG
Echoes97 said:

Didn't know she had one, but I'll take a shot at it:

- COVID bad! Government good!
- Numbers are above 0...threat level RED!!!!
- No Thanksgiving for you selfish people who want others to die. Ignore her spending time with her family.
- Boots will be spending his Thanksgiving in a hotel with Swiper
Diggity
AG
why free? site says $325. Are you just saying it was covered by insurance?
jetch17
AG
this new guy is a blowhard too
BohunkAg
AG
tylercsbn9 said:

Echoes97 said:

I hope she recommended eating in silence like Jenkins in Dallas
Oh sh-t....I thought you were making that up. What an unbelievable idiot.
BohunkAg
AG
tylercsbn9 said:

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/news/houston-texas/houston/article/Hidalgo-Thanksgiving-COVID-19-restrictions-holiday-15734158.php

How about no Lena

Quote:

The county also will send an emergency cell phone alert to all residents urging them to get tested for the virus, regardless of whether they have symptoms, as uncontrolled community spread

Lol at this. Got to keep those numbers up
This was my favorite part of that article:

Quote:

Powerless to issue COVID-19 restrictions,
tamuags08
AG
My wife and I got free rapid tests done at Walgreens a couple weeks back to get cleared for our trip to Maui. I have no idea how it was free other than I'm sure they're operating under a grant of some kind that is assuredly coming from the taxes I'm paying anyways.

Trip to Maui was great.
cone
AG
the fact that they can't come up with more practical advice than that just tells me they want people to be miserable

how hard would it be to recommend an outside lunch or dinner, maybe set up a box fan to really increase ventilation. be especially careful around older family members. maybe recommend getting tested three days before.

it's like dehumanization is the goal
BohunkAg
AG
cone said:

it's like dehumanization is the goal
This is what is ultimately the most frustrating and maddening thing to me. You have stuff like Jake Tapper's comment on CNN the other day "Well I guess Christmas isn't possible this year." It's like there's a singular focus on the virus and there is nothing else for some. I've never seen anything like it. People have lost their ability to critically think.
chimpanzee
It is factual that people can control their own exposure to risky situations almost completely. The idea that they won't and thus strain healthcare resources has already been disproved in places where they reacted too slowly to have had any effect. Are the hospitals busy, yes, this happens from time to time with triage tents in the parking lots during flu season, and it's a serious issue deserving attention and resources when it gets to that.

She ought to read up on what happened in Peru, but they fly on by that pretending that the ideas that no one recommended before March that haven't worked in the last eight months are the only way you're not an immoral ghoulish monster.
cone
AG
it's like first principles of public health were completely thrown out the window

YOU CAN'T DEMORALIZE THE PEOPLE YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO HELP AND HAVE THEM STAY LISTENING TO YOU

it's the twitter-fication of everything. the goal of all discourse is to punish the rubes and have them eat **** and take the blame. it's not to build trust and solidarity in the midst of a crisis. it's not to provide rewards to keep morale up. it's doom scrolling and punching down.

our public-facing elites are complete clowns.
aTm2004
AG
Just got the COVID is spreading emergency alert. My 67 year old diabetic step-dad had it and kicked it's ass. My mom had it and the only symptom she had was being tired.
Jackal99
AG
aTm2004 said:

Just got the COVID is spreading emergency alert. My 67 year old diabetic step-dad had it and kicked it's ass. My mom had it and the only symptom she had was being tired.

Yep, just got it also.
TarponChaser
I don't know if it's a proper response or not but I just got that dumbass alert come across my phone and the rage boiling up inside me at this utter stupidity is just not healthy.

tylercsbn9
AG
Is it actually spreading "rapidly "?

I know it's bad in El Paso and Dallas is worsening but we haven't seen some huge uptick in Houston have we?
P.H. Dexippus
AG
Stupid alert. I got no less than 4 text messages from Harris County GOTV effort urging me to go gather at my closest polling location. Now that the vote is in it's "STOP GATHERINGS".
aTm2004
AG
WE'RE ALL GONNA DIE!!!!!! But not of COVID

Daddy-O5
AG
Stop gatherings. Go *****yourself.
Thanks, and Gig 'Em!
Jet Black
aTm2004 said:

WE'RE ALL GONNA DIE!!!!!! But not of COVID

Just got this. Unbelievable.
Cromagnum
AG
Jackal99
AG
Protests, marches, and giant funerals were cool. But don't y'all go eating turkey together and talking at the same time. **** that. I'll be hosting a peaceful protest next Thursday. Turkey and football for all.
RulesForTheeNotForMe
AG
Hey Dora. F*** OFF you dumb F***ING *ITCH. Your cherry picked stats are mind-numbingly obvious and I will never take orders from someone who has never worked a real job in their entire life.

Sincerely,
EVERYONE
Ag_07
AG
So no gatherings surely means no fans at the Texans game right?

That's what is so stupid about this code red BS. Fans at Texans games. Hell they just had the Houston Open two weeks ago.

None of it makes any sense.
First Page Last Page
Page 299 of 599

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.