Houston
Sponsored by

Tine Coronavirus thread

2,500,661 Views | 20959 Replies | Last: 2 mo ago by Ciboag96
Foamcows
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
would be nice if they could inform you the length of time these people are staying in the hospital? Example, if someone goes to the hospital to get tested and leaves after, do they count?
Silky Johnston
I mean who cares at this point? The only metric that will matter is the one that looks the worse.

That point aside, no, they aren't counting someone that goes to the hospital and is tests positive after. It is the daily census of people hospitalized that have COVID.
Diggity
AG
If they're taking up a bed.
MAS444
AG
Yeah that's obviously not a hospitalization.
TexAg91
AG
wessimo said:

Looks like an upward trend in hospitalizations. Hope it doesn't accelerate further.

Yes, they are up. Over the last 30 days, the average is up about 30 people per day. Something to watch, but does not seem significant in a city the size of Houston.
aggie_sprt
Another plug @JoeWo2020 for great COVID data analysis.

Recent post

https://twitter.com/JoeWo2020/status/1326901654348763136/photo/3

aggie_sprt
TLDR; Don't go to any large gatherings (10 or more) or have anyone over for the holidays.

Came across this article on KHOU.

When I checked the source map, it said the analysis was based on an assumption that there are ten times more cases than are being reported.

COVID risk map

Needless to say, the article by KHOU makes no mention of the assumption bias the map is based on, and the source doesn't seem to give any reason why they think there are ten time more cases than are being reported.

While I don't dispute that there are more cases than being reported, we know that many of the positive cases include asymptomatic individuals and that there is strong indications that there are a significant number "false" positives due to the current PCR threshold criteria being used for a positive diagnosis. Regardless, ten times the number of positive cases would mean 10 million cases in Texas alone or basically every 1 in 3 Texans have or had COVID.

Reporting and risk assessments like this is one reason why I think people are so skeptical of news and guidance being given and only encourage the at-risk behavior that they are trying to caution people about, especially when compared to many peoples actual expierences and current routine.
aTm2004
AG
aggie_sprt said:

Came across this article on KHOU

aggie_sprt
aTm2004 said:

aggie_sprt said:

Came across this article on KHOU

Yep, hit wrong key as was editing post. Now go look again smart a** or are you still blind?
aTm2004
AG
Your lack of a link lasted more than 10 minutes. STFU and take it.
spadilly
S
Cmon, Stevie Wonder isn't really blind...
aTm2004
AG
AgLiving06
So my brothers getting married next Saturday...Sounds like ~100 people confirmed for the wedding. I assume my survival rate from going is going to be 10% or so right?
Jackal99
AG
I'd delete that before Sly or Dora see it and track you down.

Either that, or say **** it, and have a great time.
Irish 2.0
AgLiving06 said:

So my brothers getting married next Saturday...Sounds like ~100 people confirmed for the wedding. I assume my survival rate from going is going to be 10% or so right?

Sounds like you've got the perfect excuse to avoid visiting the in-laws for thanksgiving.
AgLiving06
CreakinDeacon said:

AgLiving06 said:

Sounds like you've got the perfect excuse to avoid visiting the in-laws for thanksgiving.

In laws are watching the kids and won't "interact" with us when we get back.

Thanksgiving will be with my parents.
aggie_sprt
aTm2004 said:

Good you can count time. Can you add anything constructive? Otherwise your the one who needs to STFU and going back to reading like ol' Stevie.

In the meantime, more fear and loathing from our glorious local leader and blaming the state and federal government while basically saying economic devastation is okay.

'We are headed in the wrong direction' | Judge Hidalgo urges tougher response to COVID-19

Something about people deserving the government they vote for.........
jetch17
AG
woke up to the office email saying were WFH thru at least March 2021 now im cool with that, but still would like 2-3 days in office from time to time.
dbryanc87
AgLiving06 said:

I finally got married on Oct 17 (originally was March 28 so don't give me crap about a fall wedding). We had right around 100 people attend as well. I'm one of only 16 survivors left*, so your survival rate sounds about right!

*In reality I'm not aware of a single new case from anybody in attendance (and I've asked around) and almost nobody was wearing a mask. But shhhhh.
XpressAg09
AG
Just a reminder that this virus ain't killing near as many folks, upward trending be damned.

aTm2004
AG
aggie_sprt said:

aTm2004 said:

Good you can count time. Can you add anything constructive? Otherwise your the one who needs to STFU and going back to reading like ol' Stevie.
You really are an uptight SOB, aren't you?

Bondag
AG
Deaths are on decline so they have to claim new cases are on the rise.

In reality it could just be more sports are in session and more people are traveling that require a negative test so they may test hot and be a statistic with the sniffles.
TarponChaser
Bondag said:

Deaths are on decline so they have to claim new cases are on the rise.

In reality it could just be more sports are in session and more people are traveling that require a negative test so they may test hot and be a statistic with the sniffles.

This is all so tedious and would be hilarious if people weren't so bloody stupid.

Didn't somebody related to CDC come out and say there's not a documented case of transmission related to athletic competition? And I've not heard of anybody on the Dodgers getting it from Justin Turner. IIRC, it was said Demani Richardson tested hot after getting it from somebody outside the program (but he never had symptoms).

I get it, if you're old and/or have some health issues you should take precautions and yes, a huge number of Americans are fat which is a risk factor but the utter stupidity and hysterical fear is absurd. I mean, I haz the fats but my BP is healthy (steady in the 130'ish over 70'ish range), my cholesterol is low, my cardio/pulmonary health is good, and I don't have diabetus or any sort of immune issues, I'm just in chronic pain because I have practically no cartilage in my knees and arthritis from that- but I'm more concerned about going into Houston traffic with you yahoos than I am about the 'rona.
Seersucker Ag 2011
AG
We'll still be having this same discussion a year from now. Heck, maybe three years from now.

What a world.
AgsMyDude
AG
What platform is that from? I like those charts
BohunkAg
AG
Seersucker Ag 2011 said:

We'll still be having this same discussion a year from now. Heck, maybe three years from now.

What a world.
Nah it'll be like this:

swimmerbabe11
XpressAg09
AG
AgsMyDude said:

What platform is that from? I like those charts
Link. It opens to Texas, and you can pick Counties.
aggie_sprt
So Mayor Turner chimed in on the cancel the holiday craze that seems to be sweeping the nation. Don't invite anyone over for the holidays and if you do, you are asked to quarantine for 14 days.

https://www.kurv.com/turner-avoid-thanksgiving-christmas-celebrations/

JoeWo2020's 11/16 updates posted.

https://twitter.com/JoeWo2020
Post removed:
by user
RK
AG
Turner can kindly kiss my ass.
jetch17
AG
What a dickhole - come make me, Sly
aTm2004
AG
EAD, mayor!

Which he'll probably do.
jetch17
AG
"DONT INVITE COVID FOR THANKSGIVING DINNER"
jetch17
AG
"WE WANT YOU TO GOBBLE UP THE TURKEY, AND NOT LET COVID GOBBLE YOU UP!"
First Page Last Page
Page 298 of 599

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.