Houston
Sponsored by

Tine Coronavirus thread

2,499,208 Views | 20959 Replies | Last: 2 mo ago by Ciboag96
Fitch
How long do you want to ignore this user?
spadilly
S
Our office announced that we would be back to the office starting next week. I suspect some of my coworkers aren't going to like it one bit. I've been in the office about 90% of the time since august already.

That said, it does seem like odd timing with cases in the rise again.
BohunkAg
AG
Doctors cozy with big pharma (and health insurance companies) are a big reason our healthcare system is in the mess it's in now.
CowtownAg06
AG
Not really seeing them up here. We'll see, but I'm hoping Houston paid it's dues already.

Hospitalizations staying flat too

TarponChaser
spadilly said:

Our office announced that we would be back to the office starting next week. I suspect some of my coworkers aren't going to like it one bit. I've been in the office about 90% of the time since august already.

My office just sent out communication 30 minutes ago that the earliest we'd return to the office would be July 2021.

While I'm enjoying the WFH and can be every bit as productive as I was before this path seems to be absolutely ridiculous.
Jugstore Cowboy
AG
At least you have some sort of timeline now and can start thinking about where to spend some wfh time w/ some scenery.
Ducks4brkfast
AG
spadilly said:

Nitro Power
AG
Bravo
Bassmaster
AG
Similar here, but they said June 2021. I'll be surprised if it is then at this point. If I would have heard June 2021 at the beginning of all of this, I may have lost it, but now I'm fine with it.
jh0400
AG
Our office has reopened in a limited capacity for solo work. No conference rooms available, and all meetings are still Zoom. There has been no indication of when we expect this to end, but my guess would be sometime in Q2 at the earliest.
cajunaggie08
AG
My office is finally packing all of our stuff up for us and letting us come pick it up next week. We're not allowed in the building to pack it up or gather our belongings. We ended the lease at our building and will be working from a different building whenever we are allowed back.
Jack Klompus
AG
Where do I sign up to give away my DNA to the government?

https://www.chron.com/coronavirus/article/Random-COVID-testing-Harris-County-voluntary-15718983.php
Quote:

Harris County Public Health (HCPH) announced they will be conducting a survey to test randomly selected residences in the area for COVID-19 antibodies.

To better grasp how many residents have already been infected with the coronavirus, HCPH has put together an outreach team ready to deploy to various county areas to administer the test from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Nov. 15 to Dec. 15, according to a press release.
Nitro Power
AG
They can go **** themselves. Without a court order this is simple grandstanding.
Diggity
AG
it's voluntary.
Nitro Power
AG
Point remains
Texan_Aggie
AG
Jack Klompus said:

Where do I sign up to give away my DNA to the government?

https://www.chron.com/coronavirus/article/Random-COVID-testing-Harris-County-voluntary-15718983.php
Quote:

Harris County Public Health (HCPH) announced they will be conducting a survey to test randomly selected residences in the area for COVID-19 antibodies.

To better grasp how many residents have already been infected with the coronavirus, HCPH has put together an outreach team ready to deploy to various county areas to administer the test from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Nov. 15 to Dec. 15, according to a press release.

So if you've already tested positive once and then do this test and have the antibodies, do you show up twice in the case counts?
CDUB98
AG
Gotta keep those numbers up to continue the fear mongering.

I guarantee that their aim is to snag people who were asymptomatic and add those to the "positives" count.
Post removed:
by user
TXTransplant
But according to Gov. Abbott, the vaccine will be here later this month!

cone
AG
a HCW I know says their site is scheduled to receive 1000 doses of the Pfizer in December
TXTransplant
cone said:

a HCW I know says their site is scheduled to receive 1000 doses of the Pfizer in December

That's definitely good news, but I'm not sure the gov should be putting out tweets like that without qualifying them. Obviously, those 1000 doses aren't going to the general public.
LostInLA07
AG
Depending on who is President at the time, it sounds like they'll be initially allocated to front line healthcare workers and then either high risk individuals or "high risk communities"
gougler08
AG
TXTransplant said:

cone said:

That's definitely good news, but I'm not sure the gov should be putting out tweets like that without qualifying them. Obviously, those 1000 doses aren't going to the general public.
I hope people understand the first doses will go to those either most at risk or on the front lines dealing with the disease...but I overestimate the normal person way too often
cone
AG
no, the staff is getting first bite of the apple if they want them
TXTransplant
gougler08 said:

TXTransplant said:

cone said:

I hope people understand the first doses will go to those either most at risk or on the front lines dealing with the disease...but I overestimate the normal person way too often

If this past year has taught me anything, it's that I way overestimate the ability of people to think critically and logically.
texagbeliever
TXTransplant said:

gougler08 said:

TXTransplant said:

cone said:

If this past year has taught me anything, it's that I way overestimate the ability of people to think critically and logically.
It is not their ability, it is their willingness.
TarponChaser
gougler08 said:

TXTransplant said:

cone said:

If there's one thing this whole covid mess has illustrated it's that the normal person is most likely a mouth-breathing moron/sheep. Honestly, the behavior of the general public, which by & large, has completely suspended all semblance of rational thought and has meekly complied with these unscientific, authoritarian responses has been terrible for my mental health. I'm generally a pretty optimistic individual but seeing how many people have just gone along with this crap, especially people I typically respected and thought were pretty intelligent and level-headed, has been seriously depressing.

I forget who is credited with the aphorism but I think the saying, "think how stupid somebody with average intelligence really is and then remember half of the people are dumber than that" really underestimates the number of stupid people out there and I find it terrifying.
Jugstore Cowboy
AG

Quote:

I forget who is credited with the aphorism but I think the saying, "think how stupid somebody with average intelligence really is and then remember half of the people are dumber than that" really underestimates the number of stupid people out there and I find it terrifying.
jetch17
AG
Dipsh*t Hidalgo giving her state of the county address today - I'm sure it'll be dumb
Nitro Power
AG
All anyone needs to know about the state of the county, is that it would be much better without her.
spadilly
S
I'm sure she can't wait for Biden to call for a lockdown, Gov Abbott to reject it, and then Biden to give controls to mayors and county judges.
CDUB98
AG
I don't think Biden has that authority, but we're living in bizzaro land these days.
wessimo
AG

Looks like an upward trend in hospitalizations. Hope it doesn't accelerate further.
drumboy
AG
Anyone on here browse r/Aggies? Sounds like a bunch of virgins depressed hiding in their rooms shaming the folks at house parties or Northgate.

It would really suck to be at A&M this year, especially for freshmen that don't know anyone already...especially single dudes.
First Page Last Page
Page 297 of 599

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.