Houston
Sponsored by

Tine Coronavirus thread

2,500,639 Views | 20959 Replies | Last: 2 mo ago by Ciboag96
Bondag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Harry Lime said:

Lina staying on twitter tonight to keep showing us where her real priorities were all along:

She built an air conditioned tent outside an empty convention center.
Noble07
AG

What did she need that she couldn't get from the state or Feds?

She'll get re-elected, but I'm going to make my first political donation to whoever runs against her.
TX04Aggie
AG
Same, will donate and actively campaign against this idiot. Harris County and TX GOP better be priming someone up to run against her that can pull the suburban Harris County vote to overwhelm the ITL liberals.
JYDog90
AG
Here's hoping she gets a great job in the new administration!
Formerly Willy Wonka
BMX Bandit
Quote:

GOP better be priming someone up to run against her

Funny stuff!!
ThunderCougarFalconBird
AG
Noble07 said:

What did she need that she couldn't get from the state or Feds?

She'll get re-elected, but I'm going to make my first political donation to whoever runs against her.
unfortunately it will need to be democrat to primary her.
Quincey P. Morris
AG
Why the assumption she gets re-elected? Her first election was on the back of a bunch of straight ticket voters who hit the straight ticket button. The D judges that got re-elected this time were on the back of unprecedented nationwide turnout for the presidential election. Obviously there were plenty of democrat voters that voted for Ed Emmett. I don't think unseating her is all that insurmountable.
ThunderCougarFalconBird
AG
You might be right - especially since 2022 doesn't have any senators.
Keegan99
AG
Have to think it will depend who the Dems put up for Governor.

(Though given the performance of non-Trump GOP candidates in Texas this year (roughly R+10), I think the "Texas will turn blue!" enthusiasm has ebbed a bit, and there may not be eagerness for a Dem to take a likely loss.)
ChipFTAC01
AG
Is it a foregone conclusion that Abbott is running again? Or won't have a serious primary challenger?
Noble07
AG
Harris County is pretty liberal. As much as we dislike her, she's a star to a lot of them.
Jugstore Cowboy
AG
It's not guaranteed that she runs for reelection as county judge. She really believes her own hype about being a "rising star," so if a Dem congressional seat opens up she might run for that. And the Dems might pluck someone like Annise Parker to run for county judge.

But she definitely has her sights on higher office.
I used to run with a bunch of Calvin Klein male models 25 years ago in DFW
Quincey P. Morris
AG
Noble07 said:

Harris County is pretty liberal. As much as we dislike her, she's a star to a lot of them.

It is and she still only got elected because of straight ticket voters that popped in to vote for Beto. I don't know that she wins without something major to being in dem voters at the top of the ballot. Like Keegan said, the Governorship could do it depending on the candidate, but she's far from unbeatable.
Jock 07
AG
AgsMyDude said:

third coast.. said:

more professional athletes go to jail from drunk driving each year than will get hospitalized from covid. hell more football players get arrested for domestic violence each year than go to the hospital for covid,

And? Should we make jokes about domestic violence too?

My point is that making jokes downplaying the virus is ****ty when tons are dying every day.

branch covidans are so dramatic
chimpanzee
Bondag said:

Harry Lime said:

Lina staying on twitter tonight to keep showing us where her real priorities were all along:

She built an air conditioned tent outside an empty convention center.
The federal treasury has been spewing out cash for any and all Corona related expenditures. Had Trump waved a magic wand and made it disappear they'd have called him a fascist dictator. Air cover, WTF?
gougler08
AG
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cnbc.com/amp/2020/11/09/covid-vaccine-pfizer-drug-is-more-than-90percent-effective-in-preventing-infection.html

All is well now that our democratic president elect has saved us from Covid
jobu93
AG
What a joke
cone
AG
they were going to announce results regardless of who won

but they 100% sat on them for a week plus to get through the election

smart and hilarious
gougler08
AG
cone said:

they were going to announce results regardless of who won

but they 100% sat on them for a week plus to get through the election

smart and hilarious
Agree its smart and my stock market portfolio loves it; however, it just adds to the overall facepalm that COVID has become
Post removed:
by user
aggiemike02
AG
why isn't he getting any credit? Pfizer said not a word about any political figure in the announcement. Its your choice (collective you) to view this as political and if credit (any, none, all) should belong with some guy.
cone
AG
because if you give orange man a win leading into the election all your work gets labelled as the trump vaccine and hurts the integrity of your results

now that the party of science is back in charge we can accept science and love it again
Post removed:
by user
aTm2004
AG
Jock 07 said:

AgsMyDude said:

third coast.. said:

more professional athletes go to jail from drunk driving each year than will get hospitalized from covid. hell more football players get arrested for domestic violence each year than go to the hospital for covid,

And? Should we make jokes about domestic violence too?

My point is that making jokes downplaying the virus is ****ty when tons are dying every day.

branch covidans are so dramatic

aTm2004
AG
gougler08 said:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cnbc.com/amp/2020/11/09/covid-vaccine-pfizer-drug-is-more-than-90percent-effective-in-preventing-infection.html

All is well now that our democratic president elect has saved us from Covid
This was the Free Space on the 2020 Bingo Card.
gougler08
AG
third coast.. said:

well if there is credit due, you know the media wont be the one giving it. Either way, I legitimately am curious as to why it was smart to delay the announcement, which is why i asked. The people I was responding to said it was smart while also talking about the election which is the motivation for my post. I dont know enough about it to say that cutting the red tape and expediting the process is what led to the development of the vaccine or not.
I say smart from a PFE point of view as now it doesn't impact the election one way or the other, and they get the entire attention of the world on them...if they had done it a week or two ago it would be all about how it impacts the election and would be used politically

This keeps it all about them
Post removed:
by user
chimpanzee
gougler08 said:

third coast.. said:

well if there is credit due, you know the media wont be the one giving it. Either way, I legitimately am curious as to why it was smart to delay the announcement, which is why i asked. The people I was responding to said it was smart while also talking about the election which is the motivation for my post. I dont know enough about it to say that cutting the red tape and expediting the process is what led to the development of the vaccine or not.
I say smart from a PFE point of view as now it doesn't impact the election one way or the other, and they get the entire attention of the world on them...if they had done it a week or two ago it would be all about how it impacts the election and would be used politically

This keeps it all about them
One of the most prominent pro-lockdown, everything could be cataclysmic voices out there has been Scott Gottlieb.

Imagine if our hospitalization/death curve looked like Sweden's about now and what difference that would make to the profitability of Pfizer's vaccine.
Fitch
AG
Gottlieb has literally been one of the most even keeled voices in media during this whole thing.
cone
AG
well except for his school alarmism

especially at the lower grades

but literacy rates for the poor isn't really his concern on the pfizer board
Keegan99
AG
Fitch said:

Gottlieb has literally been one of the most even keeled voices in media during this whole thing.

Nope. He's been very doomer.

But he's also very, very cozy with big pharma.
Post removed:
by user
Fitch
AG
*except
chimpanzee
Keegan99 said:

Fitch said:

Nope. He's been very doomer.

But he's also very, very cozy with big pharma.

Here's a bit of a rundown. The longer this drags out, the richer he gets and the bigger hero he will be.

Quote:

COVID-19 is the best thing that has ever happened to Scott Gottlieb's career, and in particular, his checking account. He sits on the board of at least 3 companies that have cleared regulatory hurdles and have been granted approvals or business with the FDA, and another organization that has secured billions in funding from the U.S. taxpayer. Tens of millions of Americans are struggling to make ends meet, due in part to poor advice and damaging policies being promoted by Dr. Scott Gottlieb, who is in turn getting filthy rich off of our current state of total pandemia.
cone
AG
thanks for the edit
First Page Last Page
Page 296 of 599

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.