Houston
Sponsored by

Tine Coronavirus thread

2,499,494 Views | 20959 Replies | Last: 2 mo ago by Ciboag96
Ducks4brkfast
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Diggity said:

A few years ago we set a bowl out. It was shortly after I had installed security cameras.

I was expecting some folks to take more than their share, but what surprised me was the biggest culprit was this little girl's mother. Girl grabbed one piece, then the mom looks around, picks up the bowl, and dumps all the remaining candy in her daughter's bag.

Nice life lesson mamacita!
Why TF have you not shared this video?!
ThunderCougarFalconBird
AG
Diggity said:

real spark plug!
Spark plug or fire plug? Because I've noticed that fire hydrant-shaped women tend to behave how you described.
aTm2004
AG
jetch17 said:

JFC this halloween stuff is whack - if kids and their dandy ass parents are willing to get out and ToT, they can come to the door and have me throw a piece in their bucket, the same peice that would be leaving my hand and sliding down some contraption into the same bucket. if the Karens are too worried about that, move along, simple as that.

Luckily our neighborhood is usually just a driveway block party anyway. after a few beverages, i may just be whipping mini snickers just to see if i can hit some of em

curious to see how may make thier kids 'wear a covid mask' alongside another mask or costume
I should put a sign out front that says "Halloween Masks only. Branch COVIDians not welcome"
Diggity
AG
sounds like a lot of work. We'll see what happens this year.
Ducks4brkfast
AG
Diggity said:

sounds like a lot of work. We'll see what happens this year.
70 year old woman are constantly sharing video of dogs ****ting in their yards on Next Door and you can't figure it out?
Diggity
AG
sorry to disappoint ducks, this was a few years ago
swimmerbabe11
I am having friends over. i expect trick or treaters. depending on the weather, I will have beer pong set up in my front yard. I am going to have a candy bowl with my favorite stuff if kids want to trick or treat and a social distance bowl on a table where they can see it. I will still say they need to say "trick or treat"

but I think my neighborhood..well.. I live in 2nd ward. I dont expect the Hispanic community to be worried about it.
swimmerbabe11
Texan_Aggie said:

cone said:

she's got zero charisma

tap those breaks
Do you see who's running right now?

so not trying to make any kind of statement..but I could totally see them blaming her lack of charisma on social anxiety and turning that into a "thing" like.. Greinke gets a pass on being kind of crappy for interviews because he clearly has issues with it. Make it to be an anxiety issue and suddenly you can't speak poorly of it.
Diggity
AG
Greinke is really damn good at throwing a ball. Like, better than 99.9% of the world. That kind of talent covers most defincincies, especially something as relatively unimportant (for a player) as how they speak publicly.

What is Lina that good at?
swimmerbabe11
being a young, attractive, POC, democrat, woman? makes a good face for the DNC to put on posters and she'll say what they want her to.

it wasn't a commentary on her.. it was more of a "this is how they could address that issue in today's culture and get a pass".. people relate to anxiety and will then call her brave for doing things despite the anxiety.

its not an endorsement, just a thought.
Diggity
AG
that's a low bar you got there swimmer!
BQ_90
AG
swimmerbabe11 said:

I am having friends over. i expect trick or treaters. depending on the weather, I will have beer pong set up in my front yard. I am going to have a candy bowl with my favorite stuff if kids want to trick or treat and a social distance bowl on a table where they can see it. I will still say they need to say "trick or treat"

but I think my neighborhood..well.. I live in 2nd ward. I dont expect the Hispanic community to be worried about it.
glad you're making the kids earn the candy with beer pong.
Daddy-O5
AG
Ducks4brkfast said:

So not wearing a mask is racist?

https://www.click2houston.com/news/texas/2020/10/28/texas-voters-have-to-wear-masks-while-voting-despite-gov-greg-abbotts-exemption-federal-judge-rules/?fbclid=IwAR1WL04GphoUMT_vEDT8jtSFFzun67VL1wokXlSZqn5GX-Je_vXBPt2HGGk

Thanks fifth circuit.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/texas-voters-wont-be-required-to-wear-masks-at-polling-locations-appeals-court-rules
Thanks, and Gig 'Em!
Nitro Power
AG
Dora is NOT attractive by any stretch of any imagination.
TarponChaser
Nitro Power said:

Dora is NOT attractive by any stretch of any imagination.

swimmerbabe11
Diggity said:

that's a low bar you got there swimmer!

it's not my bar
ChipFTAC01
AG
Watching the central Houston luncheon (actually listening to it with it on in the background) and Dora totally sounds like Melissa Villasenor from SNL. just kind of goofy sounding while trying to sound earnest.
Nitro Power
AG
Dora / Shyster / Roller Skate keeping a low profile the last 3 days or what?
CW Griswold
Maybe she took her own advice to "Stay Safe, Stay at home"

We can only hope.
-
cone
AG
https://abc13.com/covid-19-in-houston-3rd-coronavirus-peak-cases-harris-county-when-will-covid-end/7499012/

Hotez back with more predictions.
Keegan99
AG
He's been on the IHME doomwagon from the start. And been consistently wrong as a result.

He's lost any standing as an objective scientist and has reduced himself to a partisan hack.
Betoisafurry
Wearing a bowtie removes all scientific credibility, just like bill nye the "science" guy.
Ronnie
AG
Quote:

Three of Houston's top public health experts are warning we could be heading toward a third wave of coronavirus this winter, which is expected to be the most dangerous peak yet.

As COVID-19 cases sky rocket in northern states, breaking records with more than 90,000 Americans confirmed positive each day, Dr. Peter Hotez with Baylor College of Medicine says the April and July peaks we saw in Houston were just warm ups to what we should expect this winter.

I don't see an "April peak"

We are trending up lately, but it doesn't look like a huge spike we saw this summer yet. Just with kids going back to school and voting and nice weather and bars opening up more, etc. I am guessing this will hold at or near this level for the next month or so, and maybe through the holidays? I don't think it will get as high as the summer again. Death rates are still low as well.
Jackal99
AG
Keegan99 said:

He's been on the IHME doomwagon from the start. And been consistently wrong as a result.

He's lost any standing as an objective scientist and has reduced himself to a partisan hack.

Must be under pressure to sell more books. What a ****ing loon. Problem is, enough people buy in that he thinks he still has some
credibility.
chimpanzee
Hotez wants to say the most alarming things he can. There are a lot of case waves that seem to correlate with higher testing, but I haven't seen second waves of hospitalizations anywhere that had already had a first wave. Amarillo is having issues now it seems, but the early news there was driven off of the meat packing plants getting in on the early testing, not really widespread hospitalizations, etc.

jetch17
AG
F Hotez
CDUB98
AG
These people still believe they can thwart mother nature and make Covid go away.

Here's a clue, IT'S NOT GOING AWAY.
XpressAg09
AG
Not with that attitude.
Jugstore Cowboy
AG
Nitro Power said:

Lina's been busy working on Democrat voter turnout. Her twitter has been all about voting for weeks:

Mikeyshooter
AG
Harry Lime said:

Nitro Power said:

Lina's been busy working on Democrat voter turnout. Her twitter has been all about voting for weeks:

Virus took the week off I guess.
chimpanzee
Mikeyshooter said:

Harry Lime said:

Nitro Power said:

Virus took the week off I guess.

"Stay home, stay safe. It helps me politically, until it doesn't then get out there and show your strength before going back to cowering in the corner when I tell you to."
aTm2004
AG
Want further proof this was all political bull**** like I (and others) have been saying for months? This should piss so many people off because they literally destroyed lives for nothing more than their hate for Trump.

Quote:

Coronavirus patients can break quarantine Tuesday to vote in person, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) has confirmed.

"Voters have the right to vote, regardless of whether they are sick or in quarantine," the CDC stressed in safe-voting guidance posted Sunday.

While having the right to do so, those infected by the contagion "should take steps to protect poll workers and other voters," the health agency said.

"This includes wearing a mask, staying at least 6 feet away from others, and washing your hands or using hand sanitizer before and after voting," the CDC guidance said.

"You should also let poll workers know that you are sick or in quarantine when you arrive at the polling location," the agency said.

The center advised ailing voters to bring extra masks, hand sanitizer and their own black pen.

"The more prepared you are, the less time you may have to spend at the voting site," the CDC wrote.
Anyone who is sick should check with local authorities for specific guidance, the agency said.
mnetop
AG
https://www.frontpagemag.com/fpm/2020/11/most-masked-european-countries-have-biggest-daniel-greenfield/

Saw the above article today. Very interesting and another good argument point against mask mandates.
Jugstore Cowboy
AG
Think I just found the greatest Houston covid quote all year. From an article about bars staying closed:

Quote:

Longtime bar owner Miggy Ramirez of Lola's Depot in Montrosewith nearly 40 years in businessfears some bars that have opened are not being responsible, which could lead to further outbreaks.

"Some people who get into the bar business, they might not have the most integrity. They just care about their cash flow and not so much about people," he said.
https://communityimpact.com/houston/heights-river-oaks-montrose/coronavirus/2020/10/31/still-barred-from-opening-some-houston-watering-holes-play-it-safe/

The owner of Lola's...is worried that other bar owners...are not being...responsible.

If you can take the mask off to eat or drink, you should be able to take it off to snort lines off the bar, right?
Seersucker Ag 2011
AG
Harry Lime said:

Think I just found the greatest Houston covid quote all year. From an article about bars staying closed:

Quote:

Longtime bar owner Miggy Ramirez of Lola's Depot in Montrosewith nearly 40 years in businessfears some bars that have opened are not being responsible, which could lead to further outbreaks.

"Some people who get into the bar business, they might not have the most integrity. They just care about their cash flow and not so much about people," he said.
https://communityimpact.com/houston/heights-river-oaks-montrose/coronavirus/2020/10/31/still-barred-from-opening-some-houston-watering-holes-play-it-safe/

The owner of Lola's...is worried that other bar owners...are not being...responsible.

If you can take the mask off to eat or drink, you should be able to take it off to snort lines off the bar, right?

The one and only place I've ever seen someone shoot heroin
First Page Last Page
Page 294 of 599

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.