Houston
Sponsored by

Tine Coronavirus thread

2,500,617 Views | 20959 Replies | Last: 2 mo ago by Ciboag96
tylercsbn9
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Took the family to Dewberry Farms today. First true family outing we've had in months. My 5 year old has been doing baseball (summer and fall ball) but it was nice to get outside and do something fun with the wife and kids. Very few people wearing masks. Minimal social distancing. We all had a blast. Beautiful weather too. Nice to see other families enjoying themselves as well.
lne2011
AG
tylercsbn9 said:

Took the family to Dewberry Farms today. First true family outing we've had in months. My 5 year old has been doing baseball (summer and fall ball) but it was nice to get outside and do something fun with the wife and kids. Very few people wearing masks. Minimal social distancing. We all had a blast. Beautiful weather too. Nice to see other families enjoying themselves as well.

How dare you go out and enjoy life. We are in CODE RED!

/s
BarryProfit
More important question is how do you enjoy Dewberry Farms?
Motis B Totis
AG
I made it through the Hammerly Kroger within mask. No one said anything and it felt awesome.
FalconAg06
Motis B Totis said:

I made it through the Hammerly Kroger within mask. No one said anything and it felt awesome.

Can I have your watch when you are dead?
Motis B Totis
AG
at that store it's more likely to be shot than to be coughed on
Betoisafurry
Motis B Totis said:

at that store it's more likely to be shot stabbed than to be coughed on
FIFY
GEA89
AG
Is Dora Lina Hidalgo going to get voted out? Her overreactions and renegade mentality has to have a cost. This is getting ridiculous.
Texan_Aggie
AG
Not likely. Harris County is going to stay blue for the foreseeable future
tamuags08
AG
I'm so sick of seeing "Code Red: Stay Home, Work Safe" on the information billboards on BW8 in the mornings.

We're past their made-up guidelines and now we have new "goals".
ChipFTAC01
AG
She's not up for another two years.
camelclub
AG
I avoid the Hammerly kroger bc its depressing and a weird layout. Read reports on FB of a man that was exposing his genitals and anus to female shoppers there a while back. I've never felt there was a threat of being stabbed or shot there however.

Love the HEB at Gessner/Kempwood though.
ThunderCougarFalconBird
AG
GEA89 said:

Her overreactions and renegade mentality has to have a cost. This is getting ridiculous.
She isn't up until 2022 and Texas doesn't really have very viable recall options.

That said, in my extremely white liberal neighborhood, even the Karens are starting to let their kids play on the playground. Though the stink eye I got from some of them for being outside at the playground with my kids and no mask was pretty funny.
cone
AG
she's up for re-election during Biden's first mid-term

she's got some head winds
Nitro Power
AG
cone said:

holy *****..we have to put up with her ignorance another 6 years?
AgLiving06
GEA89 said:

Is Dora Lina Hidalgo going to get voted out? Her overreactions and renegade mentality has to have a cost. This is getting ridiculous.

I hate Lina, but this is on Abbott.

He can step in at any time and take away all of Lina's power to do anything....but he hasn't because he's a coward.
aTm2004
AG
cone said:

So she's never up for re-election?
tommyjohn
We went to P6 in Montgomery yesterday and 99% of the people were not wearing masks.

I was surprised at how may were not. It felt good and normal.

GEA89
AG
Sorry I am a Ft Bend County resident and I did not realize she was not up for re-election in this cycle. That is too bad, she needs to go.
GEA89
AG
AgLiving06 said:

GEA89 said:

He can step in at any time and take away all of Lina's power to do anything....but he hasn't because he's a coward.
This is a fair point as I understand things, this all is about liability and he is too weak to step in and overrule her after standing on her throat about the arrests thing. It is like he said I will not allow X as long as you don't cross that line I will let you do what you want to do.
Matt Hooper
AG
This X Infinity.
RC_57
AG
GEA89 said:

AgLiving06 said:

GEA89 said:

This is a fair point as I understand things, this all is about liability and he is too weak to step in and overrule her after standing on her throat about the arrests thing. It is like he said I will not allow X as long as you don't cross that line I will let you do what you want to do.
Ok I give.

How is Abbott going to "step in" to anything?
RO519
AG
RC_57 said:

GEA89 said:

AgLiving06 said:

GEA89 said:

Ok I give.

I was going to say the same thing...
Irish 2.0
RC_57 said:

GEA89 said:

AgLiving06 said:

GEA89 said:

Ok I give.

He could "roll" back all restrictions.
kapon
AG
Oh no!

https://abc13.com/covid-19-cases-in-houston-number-of-coronavirus-harris-county-covid-positivity-rate-second-wave/7167531/
Post removed:
by user
txags92
AG
SoupNazi2001 said:

kapon said:

Oh no!

https://abc13.com/covid-19-cases-in-houston-number-of-coronavirus-harris-county-covid-positivity-rate-second-wave/7167531/

Article mentions exponential growth.
So another "two weeks" in solitary confinement to flatten the curve?
Alex Bregman
AG
txags92 said:

SoupNazi2001 said:

kapon said:

Oh no!

Just 2 more weeks...until election day.
txags92
AG
Alex Bregman said:

txags92 said:

SoupNazi2001 said:

kapon said:

Oh no!

Just 2 more weeks...until election day.
Is that when the Covid-hog comes out to vote? If he votes for Biden, the disease is over and we can go back to normal, but if he votes for Trump we get 4 more years of virus panic?
CowtownAg06
AG

Spiking!
The TC Jester
Seersucker Ag 2011 said:

The TC Jester said:

Open it all up and let people get it if they want. If you are at-risk, mask up, wear a face shield and gloves...or just hunker down. But don't ask us to keep suffocating businesses and our economy and making countless lives miserable. This is f-ing ridiculous.

OF COURSE cases are going to rise as we open things up. They need to.

You're acting like it's new that a majority of people have to change everything and sacrifice their own rights to make a small minority of people feel better.
I hear you, but the degree of societal sacrifice is unprecedented in modern times. Countless jobs lost and livelihoods destroyed. Significant spike in anxiety/depression/suicide/addiction. So many businesses closed for good. The fallout could last for years. This is f*cked.
gougler08
AG
kapon said:

Oh no!

What a ****ing pointless article outside of fear mongering
kapon
AG
gougler08 said:

kapon said:

Oh no!

What a ****ing pointless article outside of fear mongering
Exactly!
CW Griswold
So tragic.

Our school district has had optional in class instruction for the past month and a half and every family with a kid in school has now died. My family included.

I'm sure this devastation is playing out in every school district in the region that offers in class instruction.
-
Diggity
AG

Quote:

One week ago, Houston Mayor Sylvester Turner posted a tweet celebrating the 5% positivity rate in Houston.

Since then, it has increased to 5.6%. It's a slight increase, but health officials said they believe the city is on the verge of another surge.
in other news, one week ago, I gave 2 ****s about these nonsense metrics the county uses. Since then, I give zero ****s. Talk about exponential!
First Page Last Page
Page 291 of 599

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.