Houston
Sponsored by

Tine Coronavirus thread

2,500,545 Views | 20959 Replies | Last: 2 mo ago by Ciboag96
CFTXAG10
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Keegan99 said:

Meanwhile, Nashville authorities have been caught conspiring to hide data in order to keep bars closed.

http://fox17.com/news/local/covid-19-emails-from-nashville-mayors-office-show-disturbing-revelation

"My two cents. We have certainly refused to give counts per bar because those numbers are low per site.

We could still release the total though, and then a response to the over 80 could be because that number is increasing all the time and we don't want to say a specific number."

chimpanzee
CFTXAG10 said:

Keegan99 said:

Meanwhile, Nashville authorities have been caught conspiring to hide data in order to keep bars closed.

http://fox17.com/news/local/covid-19-emails-from-nashville-mayors-office-show-disturbing-revelation

"My two cents. We have certainly refused to give counts per bar because those numbers are low per site.

We could still release the total though, and then a response to the over 80 could be because that number is increasing all the time and we don't want to say a specific number."

"People keep asking about this number to see how we justify our rules, but if we answer, the whole idea doesn't really hold up, so best case we just stay silent, but if you have to say something, be really vague."

They are withholding critical relevant information to restrict the rights of citizens. Does anyone think Nashville and Harris County are the only ones doing this? There has to be a huge class action lawsuit on this one.

If any of these people get re-elected, well, I guess my opinion of the general public will be reinforced.
jetch17
AG
15 mins til Abbott fiddlefks around
LostInLA07
AG
He's on. Looks like bars remain closed.
BowSowy
AG
Doesn't sound like masks are going away
BohunkAg
AG
Opening restaurants to 75%, but bars at 0%.....hahahahahahahahahha
Keegan99
AG
SCIENCE!!!
LostInLA07
AG
Such nonsense. Bars have to close. Unless they pay $1,000 to TABC and sell chips...then they can open to 50% (or now 75%).

Just crazy.
Fitch
AG
The categorical nuance they're using reflects how customers interact when in the space -- in restaurants customers stay mostly seated and are asked to wear a mask when walking around.

If bars that re-filed as restaurants aren't enforcing those policies, i.e. patrons are walking around with drinks, mingling, etc. then they're subject to having their license suspended.
BohunkAg
AG
There's this too

BohunkAg
AG
Fitch said:

The categorical nuance they're using reflects how customers interact when in the space -- in restaurants customers stay mostly seated and are asked to wear a mask when walking around.

If bars that re-filed as restaurants aren't enforcing those policies, i.e. patrons are walking around with drinks, mingling, etc. then they're subject to having their license suspended.

pssst, the restaurants I've been to, no one has enforced wearing a mask when walking around
Nitro Power
AG
LostInLA07 said:

Such nonsense. Bars have to close. Unless they pay $1,000 to TABC and sell chips...then they can open to 50% (or now 75%).

Just crazy.
Sounds like extortion to me
Post removed:
by user
Fitch
AG
Ok, and where I'm at in inner loop Houston people do it without "enforcement". It's a big state.
BohunkAg
AG
Fitch said:

Ok, and where I'm at in inner loop Houston people do it without "enforcement". It's a big state.
They all voted Dora and Sly in too.
MavsAg
AG
Abbott really hates bars, doesn't he? Guess he's more of a wheel guy.
Nitro Power
AG
I mean literally what was the point of his bull**** conference? As per the usual, there was nothing enlightening, nothing of substance, and all he did was somehow piss more people off than if he would have just stayed quiet.

This scumbag is nothing but a politician who needs to be thrown out on his ass. Put the Montgomery County judge in as the interim Governor.
htxag09
AG
I really hope there is a massive changing of the guards the next few elections. This is setting a terrible precedent and is not ok. We need to get back to having a sense of personal responsibility and risk/reward action. We cannot rely on government to keep us safe and shut down every time we feel scared. A bad flu season, every hurricane about to form in the gulf, terrorist attacks (can't even begin to imagine how long the government would shut everything down if 9/11 happened today), where the hell does it end. The data does not justify this crap.
BohunkAg
AG
Nitro Power said:

I mean literally what was the point of his bull**** conference? As per the usual, there was nothing enlightening, nothing of substance, and all he did was somehow piss more people off than if he would have just stayed quiet.

This scumbag is nothing but a politician who needs to be thrown out on his ass. Put the Montgomery County judge in as the interim Governor.
Each time Abbott speaks it makes me like him less and less. He's listening to the wrong people.
nonameag99
I think the keeping bars closed is to keep all of Baptists happy.
The Aggie number specified has already been linked with another TexAgs account.
Post removed:
by user
chimpanzee
TMC new admits down to small numbers again today, but really choppy of late. Seems like we have an R and a D take over the PCR calibration on alternating days.

CFTXAG10
AG
It is almost as if Abbott is trying not to lean too far to the left or right and just hang out in the middle, which in reality is going to be the end of him
Post removed:
by user
Fitch
AG
Unpopular opinion in this day and age - the middle way is best.

You know compromise is working when everyone is unhappy.
aTm2004
AG
Anybody here know Ron DeSantis? Have him give Gregory a call to tell him to man the **** up and drop all of this nonsense.
htxag09
AG
Crazy to think the "middle" this day and age is government mandating which business can be open, what percentage capacity they can operate at, virtual learning for students who are at a low risk of Covid but high risk of being left behind, government telling me I can't have a large family gathering, etc.
cajunaggie08
AG
htxag09 said:

Crazy to think the "middle" this day and age is government mandating which business can be open, what percentage capacity they can operate at, virtual learning for students who are at a low risk of Covid but high risk of being left behind, government telling me I can't have a large family gathering, etc.
the government was already doing all of that minus the virtual leraning before this pandemic. Not saying that is right, but this isnt something new
AustinCountyAg
it's because the SOB is planning on running, (wheeling) for president......but like you said the flip flopping has done him in. He needs to GTFO.

bars at 0% and restaurants at 75% pretty much is the writing on the wall that he's a ****ing idiot to go along with whoever suggested that to him.
Keegan99
AG
Fitch said:

Unpopular opinion in this day and age - the middle way is best.

You know compromise is working when everyone is unhappy.

Liberties are not subject to "compromise".

Compromise is also about giving a little and getting a little. What are bar owners and employees getting out of this "compromise"?
Fitch
AG
The ones I know are already reopen and working to stay that way.

I know you have a difference of opinion, but pulling back full tilt will result in another spike, another wave of crazed "shut it down" (however transient) and will drive my friends out of business entirely.

My liberties are uninfringed. You want to discuss modes of commerce control, have at it.
Texan_Aggie
AG
I'd be curious to see how many "bars" are still closed. I have seen the majority in my area switch to the restaurant license and open right back up. Anecdotally, I only know of 1-2 "bars" that are still closed.

At this point, it seems like if a bar really wanted to reopen, they could absent me not understanding some regulatory rule on why a bar could not get a restaurant license.
Keegan99
AG
The government picking winners and losers via forced closure isn't infringing on the liberties of citizens?!
Keegan99
AG
Fitch said:

I know you have a difference of opinion, but pulling back full tilt will result in another spike, another wave of crazed "shut it down" (however transient) and will drive my friends out of business entirely.

Really?

Why didn't that happen in Sweden?
AgLiving06
Or Florida
First Page Last Page
Page 272 of 599

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.