Houston
Sponsored by

Tine Coronavirus thread

2,500,287 Views | 20959 Replies | Last: 2 mo ago by Ciboag96
Bondag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Fitch said:

Positivity rate as a metric has its own weaknesses but has value in an ensemble of other data points as an early indicator. Hospitalizations and deaths are trailing indicators.

Should I go to the free testing every day on my way to work then?
BSD
AG
Fitch said:

Positivity rate as a metric has its own weaknesses but has value in an ensemble of other data points as an early indicator.

So does shoe size.

Fitch
AG
If you're licking bar tops, maybe.
Keegan99
AG
It's not an early indicator when aggregation of results lags test administration by a week or more.
Fitch
AG
No doubt that continues to be a handicap. All the more reason to get whole number cases down.
Keegan99
AG
That's easy. Stop testing members of the general public who aren't sick.

The only well people that should be tested are healthcare workers and those that are in close contact with high risk groups.
aggiederelict
Many healthcare workers employers have been encouraging their workers not to get tested in fear of not having enough people to treat patients.

This was happening in NYC and has been happening here in Texas as well.

Damn criminal if you ask me.
cone
AG
or smart
aggiederelict
Yeah if you like to spread Covid throughout the hospital and don't really care about your employees.
BowSowy
AG
cone said:

or smart
Wait, you talk about sentinel surveillance all the time, but then say it's smart to not test?
59 South
AG
Maybe if we just all got it sooner rather than later this sh*t show would be over sooner rather than later.
If this post is on the B&I forum, lighten up it's just money!

Disclaimer: I'm not that smart.
cone
AG
not if it's going to not out your HCW capacity

and i talk about sentinel surveillance because that's what's required if you want the positivity metric to mean anything at all. if you're not going to do it, then don't use it.

go ahead and update your spreadsheet
aggiederelict
That's why you bring in HCW from all over to help with staffing issues.

If you can test NBA players every day you can test healthcare workers more than zero.
Silky Johnston
You just made this up.
aggiederelict
I can attest to multiple companies encouraging employees not to get tested. My wife's company included here in Austin.

And they don't even have the means to setup testing for the employees. They told them if they have to get tested to find a testing site on their own.
Fitch
AG
I'm not so sure. At this point in the whole affair syndromic surveillance seems like the most viable way to restore public confidence about going into public and pulling back on mask mandates.
Keegan99
AG
If you want that, look at the CLI and ILI survey data. Much more predictive.
ChemAg15
AG
Keegan99 said:

If you want that, look at the CLI and ILI survey data. Much more predictive.

I predict that if you're under 50, you've got a 99.8% chance of survival.
AgsMyDude
AG
aggiederelict said:

Many healthcare workers employers have been encouraging their workers not to get tested in fear of not having enough people to treat patients.

This was happening in NYC and has been happening here in Texas as well.

Damn criminal if you ask me.

Incredibly incompetent and egregious. Borderline psychotic, especially if these HCW are seeing covid positive patients.
tamuags08
AG

Silky Johnston
He's full of sh/t
Ciboag96
KHOU keeping the drum pounding

There are more than 133,000 confirmed cases of COVID-19 in the Greater Houston area and the numbers continue to climb.

Again, aggregated data does often climb. Can't fall. Only stays steady with zero new cases. However, according to KHOU:

Quote:

COVID cases continue to surge in Houston and surrounding areas. The City of Houston alone has almost 57,000 cases.

SURGE! A disease that for the last two weeks has seen between 1,000 and 1,500 a day, yet there are 57,000 cases active in Houston! How is that possible?

Yet again, they are subtracting verified recoveries from total cases and ASSUMING the rest are active.

COMPLETE. BULL*****
Keegan99
AG
And it hasn't even been anywhere close to that when detected infections are placed on an appropriate epi curve.

This is the press taking about a hurricane as if it was still in the gulf when it actually made landfall well over a week ago.

Mikeyshooter
AG
The local media is just as culpable as our politicians for making the public believe that the virus is still raging through the City even though every credible metric says otherwise.
Post removed:
by user
sts7049
AG
local media has long been a terrible example of actual journalism
BohunkAg
AG
Post removed:
by user
jetch17
AG
GMAFB
htxag09
AG
I feel we're just being held hostage right now. Between politicians being power thirsty and not wanting to relinquish control and media milking every drip they can out of it. How the hell do we get onto just living our lives.
Onceaggie2.0
BohunkAg said:

cone
AG
did she say why?

since we're wearing masks and no bars

what happened to the predicted July 4th bump?
Onceaggie2.0
would it matter her explanation? She is just making it up.
jetch17
AG
The nightly news headlines of NOW the cases in children are increasing as school approaches are laughable
cone
AG
I'd just like her on record more as to the science behind her decision making
First Page Last Page
Page 244 of 599

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.