Houston
Sponsored by

Tine Coronavirus thread

2,500,540 Views | 20959 Replies | Last: 2 mo ago by Ciboag96
BohunkAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Apparently this would include wearing them outdoors also. What the ever living sh-t?
Keegan99
AG
Party of SCIENCE!!!
Stat Monitor Repairman
Leaders in this country have gone absolutely insane. I'm seriously doubting whether there will be an economic recovery at all.

**** keeps getting more outrageous day by day. I hope whoever is running this simulation loses interest and pulls the plug before we are living in some kind of dystopian ****-hole.

It won't even be a palatable dystopia like Blade Runner. We'll have Karen robots crawling the streets nagging mf'ers about wearing a mask.
Agz_2003
AG
Stat Monitor Repairman said:

Leaders in this country have gone absolutely insane. I'm seriously doubting whether there will be an economic recovery at all.

**** keeps getting more outrageous day by day. I hope whoever is running this simulation loses interest and pulls the plug before we are living in some kind of dystopian ****-hole.

It won't even be a palatable dystopia like Blade Runner. We'll have Karen robots crawling the streets nagging mf'ers about wearing a mask.
"Leaders"

Texan_Aggie
AG
BohunkAg said:

As if it wasn't abundantly clear what the election was about

Has he always slurred his words this much?
59 South
AG
My biggest issue with it all is how they are politicizing a global catastrophe instead of banding together and getting sh*t sorted out. It's disgusting. And on both sides but substantially more on the left side. Can we just set politics aside for a GD few weeks and take care of the people? F them all.
If this post is on the B&I forum, lighten up it's just money!

Disclaimer: I'm not that smart.
ptothemo
AG
Nah, he's just on a bender or something. His VP choice yesterday was the halfway point or so. He'll come back around in a few days.
Stat Monitor Repairman
Texan_Aggie said:

BohunkAg said:

As if it wasn't abundantly clear what the election was about

Has he always slurred his words this much?
Lol at this old fart dramatically putting on his face diaper before walking off.

This **** has gotta stop but I see no end in sight.
terradactylexpress
59 South said:

My biggest issue with it all is how they are politicizing a global catastrophe instead of banding together and getting sh*t sorted out. It's disgusting. And on both sides but substantially more on the left side. Can we just set politics aside for a GD few weeks and take care of the people? F them all.

It's amazing to me that anyone's take can be that the left are the ones not taking care of people as a republican sits in the white house and runs the Senate
59 South
AG
L O L
If this post is on the B&I forum, lighten up it's just money!

Disclaimer: I'm not that smart.
cone
AG
gtfo

I read Lina's guidance

they're all trash
Onceaggie2.0
terradactylexpress said:

59 South said:

It's amazing to me that anyone's take can be that the left are the ones not taking care of people as a republican sits in the white house and runs the Senate
is this satire?
Al Bula
AG
terradactylexpress said:

59 South said:

not sure if satire, trolling or just dumbass.
jenn96
AG
I think we can have a rare moment of national unity and all agree that the leadership from both parties at all levels has been abysmal.
Agz_2003
AG
They haven't been "leaders" at all. Just get-in-the-wayers and kick-the-can-down-the-roaders.
terradactylexpress
My point exactly
David_Puddy
AG
59 South said:

Not to turn this into a political thread but Pelosi is making it sound like it's the republicans holding up the new stimulus package and that the democrats are the ones wanting to help the people, which is complete and utter bullsh-t
David_Puddy
AG
terradactylexpress said:

59 South said:

It's blatantly obvious you do not know how American government works
Poot
terradactylexpress said:

59 South said:

How does this have 6 stars at the time of my posting?
Mikeyshooter
AG
David_Puddy said:

terradactylexpress said:

59 South said:

It's blatantly obvious you do not know how American government works

True. Both sides point fingers at each other while nothing gets done. It's the American way!
chimpanzee
Poot said:

terradactylexpress said:

59 South said:

How does this have 6 stars at the time of my posting?
They follow each other around doling out congratulations for their bumper sticker level rhetorical skills.
BohunkAg
AG
jenn96 said:

I think we can have a rare moment of national unity and all agree that the leadership from both parties at all levels has been abysmal.
this...they are all just looking out for themselves and their positions in office
CoachRTM
AG
I would really appreciate if we could keep the political sh*t off this thread as much as possible.

I have this one watchlisted for reasons other than seeing left/right nonsense.
tamuags08
AG
Looks like those cyfair teachers are trying again.

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/news/houston-texas/houston/article/Suit-seeks-to-halt-return-of-Cy-Fair-ISD-15484880.php
aTm2004
AG
I don't want to hear jack chit about teachers being heroes or essential workers again. This 99.8% survival rate virus is exposing them for what they are. If they're not representative of majority of teachers, then get the Karens under control.
ChemAg15
AG
Well said
LostInLA07
AG
https://www.khou.com/mobile/article/news/health/coronavirus/texass-record-high-covid-positivity-rate-falls-after-data-experts-investigate/287-ffc19167-0d47-4be9-8c06-8648229288ef

I'm sure CoH and county data are error free.
gougler08
AG
LostInLA07 said:

https://www.khou.com/mobile/article/news/health/coronavirus/texass-record-high-covid-positivity-rate-falls-after-data-experts-investigate/287-ffc19167-0d47-4be9-8c06-8648229288ef

I'm sure CoH and county data are error free.

It's still amazing that Abbott couldn't find someone he trusts to tell him that positivity rate is probably the worst of all metrics to base our decisions on, exhibit A of how it can be so easily manipulated
Premium
AG
Insane this stat could be taken seriously. Less people get tested, higher positivity. WTH. Even new cases is better to look at even though that is dumb. Only thing that matters is hospital capacity and deaths; and deaths should only be viewed under the lens and context of age and comorbidities.
LB12Diamond
AG
Correct

Hospital capacity is the exact metric my church is going to use to identify when they are going to open up. Basing this on what the medical leaders have requested that are in the know.
JYDog90
AG
Jebber said:

Correct

Hospital capacity is the exact metric my church is going to use to identify when they are going to open up. Basing this on what the medical leaders have requested that are in the know.
Lemme guess...

Faithbridge?
Formerly Willy Wonka
LB12Diamond
AG
Yes

I think we should already be open since we would be social distancing and wearing masks anyway. But at least they put together a guideline using data that should be accurate.

Much better than any of our county leadership.
JYDog90
AG
Formerly Willy Wonka
JYDog90
AG
My church is meeting at the school behind Faithbridge under their pavilion.
Formerly Willy Wonka
Fitch
AG
Positivity rate as a metric has its own weaknesses but has value in an ensemble of other data points as an early indicator. Hospitalizations and deaths are trailing indicators.
First Page Last Page
Page 243 of 599

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.