Houston
Sponsored by

Tine Coronavirus thread

2,496,650 Views | 20959 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by Ciboag96
Ciboag96
How long do you want to ignore this user?
This is the fear mongering the media is complicit in fomenting.

KHOU: Map: Keeping track of Houston-area coronavirus cases

Subheader to the article:

Quote:

There are more than 106,000 confirmed cases of COVID-19 in the Greater Houston area and the numbers continue to climb.

Since most of us can read English, this seems like there are more than 106,000 confirmed cases IN the Greater Houston area

Wait, are there?

Nope:

Quote:

More than 41,000 patients have fully recovered.

So.....by not reporting solely by active cases, they get to the make the number get bigger regardless of spread. It's getting bigger! Bigger!

Who gives a duck about the history of Covid. Current cases are the only relevant ones.

One other thing. What is the biggest difference between these county numbers....

Quote:

HARRIS COUNTY
CASES: 25,015
DEATHS: 268
RECOVERIES: 15,451

FORT BEND COUNTY
CASES: 6,852
DEATHS: 96
RECOVERIES: 3,082

MONTGOMERY COUNTY
CASES: 5,990
DEATHS: 57
RECOVERIES: 3,285

BRAZORIA COUNTY
CASES: 6,494
DEATHS: 47
RECOVERIES: 3,414

WALKER COUNTY
CASES: 3,043
DEATHS: 32
RECOVERIES: 2,258

CHAMBERS COUNTY
CASES: 870
DEATHS: 6
RECOVERIES: 639

.....and Houston's numbers??

Quote:

CITY OF HOUSTON
CASES: 44,111
DEATHS: 417
RECOVERIES: 7,475

How come each of the Counties' recoveries are all around 60% but HOUSTON is showing a recovery rate of only
17%
????!!!

Why is Houston not reporting recoveries correctly?

Why aren't "journalists" reporting this stuff in a nuanced and meaningful way?

Where's Dongo when you need him?
rhoswen
AG
Turner press conference just now introducing new safety campaign.

Deaths are dropping but OMG CASES ARE RISING.

400-some-odd deaths in Houston, 200 in July alone. Hmm. When did mask order go into effect?
TXTransplant
I posted about that discrepancy in recoveries a few pages back.

My guess is it's because the Houston Health Department isn't following up with people who are confirmed positive (and maybe in quite a few cases, they don't even have enough info to follow up).
Ciboag96
So, this false data is misleading the entire Houston area. There is no way the Houston city boundary is keeping people from recovering. If the real number is 50% (aligned statistically with the areas surrounding Houston), then that would mean there are MORE PEOPLE RECOVERED than are currently effected by the virus and the numbers are DECLINING.

SHODDY JOURNALISM
Ciboag96
TXTransplant said:

My guess is it's because the Houston Health Department isn't following up with people who are confirmed positive (and maybe in quite a few cases, they don't even have enough info to follow up).

And morons like Lina Hidalgo and Sly Turner are working off of this aggregate data
CFTXAG10
AG
Welcome to the Turner & Hidalgo show, where everything is made up and the optimistic stats don't matter

TXTransplant
Ciboag96 said:

TXTransplant said:

And morons like Lina Hidalgo and Sly Turner are working off of this aggregate data

They aren't going to work off any data that doesn't fit their narrative.

I'm appalled at how poorly Harris Co (and CoH) has reported the data. Breaking it down into recoveries, deaths, demographics (age, race, age, etc.) should be the top priority. But you can't find that info on the city or county websites.

You can on the state website, but obviously that's for the whole state.

I guess I shouldn't be surprised considering that early on either Turner or Hildalgo (can't remember which) said they weren't going to report the total number of people tested because that would "scare people".
BohunkAg
AG
What's happening if they aren't recovering and they aren't dying?
T Durden
AG
BohunkAg said:

Those must be the double dips. Count them twice as positive but only once on the recovery...
jenn96
AG
BohunkAg said:

Zombies.
Ciboag96
BohunkAg said:

You'll never have a 1-1 ratio or 100% recovered because they are also counting a person whose had two positive tests as two positive Covid cases.

Same ****ing person. Adds everything to the total.
T Durden
AG
I think i just said that bro.
AgsMyDude
AG
Ciboag96 said:

BohunkAg said:

You'll never have a 1-1 ratio or 100% recovered because they are also counting a person whose had two positive tests as two positive Covid cases.

Same ****ing person. Adds everything to the total.

Are you sure about this? Have any articles or anything to back it up?
Irish 2.0
Crenshaw Update
https://instagr.am/p/CDSiNHuJE2O
rhoswen
AG
KHOU just had a story about "teachers' " opinions on going back to school. The panel of ten teachers were ALL "omg we can't go back to school" and even included a woman crying about not wanting to die alone & not have her family with her.

First, this is. not. news.
Second, why not include teachers with differing opinions and statements? Why not include us?

this seriously makes me angry.
Keegan99
AG
We can guarantee that no student of those teachers is at risk of becoming an actuary.
Jock 07
AG
BohunkAg said:

Kung flu purgatory
rilloaggie
AG
rhoswen said:

KHOU just had a story about "teachers' " opinions on going back to school. The panel of ten teachers were ALL "omg we can't go back to school" and even included a woman crying about not wanting to die alone & not have her family with her.

Second, why not include teachers with differing opinions and statements? Why not include us?

The lead on Khou's website last night was about a 56yo nurse who died of coronavirus "without pre-existing conditions". I do not want to offend anyone or insult this woman that sadly passed, but her picture clearly showed she was obese. That seems to be the most common pre existing condition for those who die, aside from being an octogenarian.
XpressAg09
AG
A buddy of mine said it pretty succinctly,

"If you have trouble breathing on a regular day without the Ronas, you're gonna have a helluva lot of trouble breathing with it."
chimpanzee
rilloaggie said:

rhoswen said:

The lead on Khou's website last night was about a 56yo nurse who died of coronavirus "without pre-existing conditions". I do not want to offend anyone or insult this woman that sadly passed, but her picture clearly showed she was obese. That seems to be the most common pre existing condition for those who die, aside from being an octogenarian.

I think even people who are not paying attention that closely can see the manipulations and convenient omissions now. Although, for local media, they aren't even trying to be accurate on a good day.

Obesity is a serious comorbidity. Technical measured diabetes isn't the only thing screwed up when you carry way too much weight for a long time. That's why obesity is a significant comorbidity with this thing and many other health issues.
Irish 2.0
chimpanzee said:

rilloaggie said:

rhoswen said:

I think even people who are not paying attention that closely can see the manipulations and convenient omissions now. Although, for local media, they aren't even trying to be accurate on a good day.

Obesity is a serious comorbidity. Technical measured diabetes isn't the only thing screwed up when you carry way too much weight for a long time. That's why obesity is a significant comorbidity with this thing and many other health issues.
You have way too much faith in your fellow man.
TexAg91
AG
Glad to know the virus does not spread at celebrations like this, or protests... Only spreads at school, churches and R conventions.

gougler08
AG
TexAg91 said:

Glad to know the virus does not spread at celebrations like this, or protests... Only spreads at school, churches and R conventions.

The double standards are amazing
Post removed:
by user
Jackal99
AG
third coast.. said:

Left photo 3, 2, 1
Not sure which system you use, but I'd say it holds the same either way.
AgLiving06
schmendeler
AG
AgLiving06 said:

houstonians are making it work
Post removed:
by user
Keegan99
AG
ICU count is staying high while non-ICU is falling.

Anyone know if TMC is bringing in patients from elsewhere in the state?
chimpanzee
CreakinDeacon said:

chimpanzee said:

rilloaggie said:

rhoswen said:

You have way too much faith in your fellow man.

That's pretty atypical for me, though the "who are you going to believe, the freak out squad that keeps getting it wrong or your lying eyes" approach has kept traction for far longer than I would have thought, so I guess we'll see.

And now that you mention it, the morbidly obese probably look average to most Houstonian eyes these days, they'd probably have a rush of body positivity and think the obese woman was the picture of appropriate health.

Still, unless you're really invested in the politicians being your guiding light, there's going to be an inkling of doubt in the back of a few more minds than will admit it before the local Facebook mommies' auto-da-fe.
Post removed:
by user
lamivudine
gougler08 said:

TexAg91 said:

The double standards are amazing
Two things no one cares about womens soccer and Dora.
BohunkAg
AG
T Durden
AG
BohunkAg said:

Cy fair sent an email yesterday saying they were going to resume athletics, cheer, drill team, etc. As well.
gougler08
AG
Humble ISD was resuming things as well
First Page Last Page
Page 224 of 599

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.