Houston
Sponsored by

Tine Coronavirus thread

2,499,148 Views | 20959 Replies | Last: 2 mo ago by Ciboag96
htxag09
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I find it highly comical that they think it's serious enough to make this decision but are even still considering sports.
Jugstore Cowboy
AG
Quote:

I believe that if people keep living life like nothing is wrong

"Keep?"

What kind of meds are you on to make the last 4 months seem normal?

Is a permanent eradication of commerce and social interaction the only thing that would satisfy your elusive standard of health?
tylercsbn9
AG
AgLiving06 said:

I hope we appreciate the amount of damage that this decision is going to cause students, and especially those of minority and lower income status.

We will feel the effects of these poor decisions for years.
I guess that buzzword the left likes to use called disparate impact doesn't apply here.
TXTransplant
tylercsbn9 said:

AgLiving06 said:

I hope we appreciate the amount of damage that this decision is going to cause students, and especially those of minority and lower income status.

I guess that buzzword the left likes to use called disparate impact doesn't apply here.

I don't know that viewpoints on this decision split evenly down party lines. The Head of the Health Authority over in Austin made sure to let everyone know he's a Republican in a city run by Democrats when he asserted that schools should stay closed.

And NPR and the NYT published pieces today in support of keeping schools open.

https://www.npr.org/sections/coronavirus-live-updates/2020/07/15/891347536/-we-failed-children-says-co-author-of-new-national-back-to-school-report

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nytimes.com/2020/07/15/health/coronavirus-schools-reopening.amp.html
Ag_07
AG
So when will get a partial refund on our school taxes we pay?
Onceaggie2.0
Hilarious there will be a spike in the fall due to colder weather they will end up just pushing it back for the first semester because Karen and her van full of kids are scuuured.
Seersucker Ag 2011
AG
DuncanAg
AG
AgLiving06 said:

This can't be stated enough! 80% of ~210,000 HISD students are socially economic disadvantaged.
BohunkAg
AG
DuncanAg said:

AgLiving06 said:

This can't be stated enough! 80% of ~210,000 HISD students are socially economic disadvantaged.

Don't care. Think of the kids. It's best for them to stay home in their wonderful home situations where they will get loving support they need to complete the schoolwork that is being sent home in an efficient manner.
HtownWilly12
aTm2004 said:

cajunaggie08 said:

SoupNazi2001 said:

cajunaggie08 said:

SoupNazi2001 said:

cajunaggie08 said:

SoupNazi2001 said:

third coast.. said:

As long as Texans wear masks*

Everywhere I go indoors where they are required compliance is nearly 100%.
Now if people would take the stay at home warnings seriously and actually think twice about who they are socializing around.

People aren't going to stop living their life. I know I'm not, shut down or not.
And you dont have to completely stop. I have friends who i socialize with. They also work from home and only go out to stores occasionally when they need to pick something up. I consider that an acceptable risk. I choose not to get close to friends and family that are seeing other friends and other family. I realize that may be extreme but its kept us from being exposed so far.

It's not necessarily what has kept you safe so far. About 1% of Americans have tested positive and 99% haven't, but good job.
I turned down going to my parents' house for the 4th because I told them that they and my siblings weren't being safe about distancing. That pissed them of pretty quickly and I got the spiel about "deaths are down" and "you can pick it up anywhere." 3 days later they both test positive. So ya, i think it did keep me and my family safe.
What color medal do you want? Chocolate chip or Oatmeal Raisin cookie to go with it?

You are such a troll. You say live your life according to his risk assessment. He does. Dodges catching it from his family. And then you mock him. You will probably never catch it cause the world socially distances from you already which is why you post so many times a day.
aTm2004
AG
HtownWilly12 said:

aTm2004 said:

cajunaggie08 said:

SoupNazi2001 said:

cajunaggie08 said:

SoupNazi2001 said:

cajunaggie08 said:

SoupNazi2001 said:

third coast.. said:

Now if people would take the stay at home warnings seriously and actually think twice about who they are socializing around.

People aren't going to stop living their life. I know I'm not, shut down or not.
And you dont have to completely stop. I have friends who i socialize with. They also work from home and only go out to stores occasionally when they need to pick something up. I consider that an acceptable risk. I choose not to get close to friends and family that are seeing other friends and other family. I realize that may be extreme but its kept us from being exposed so far.

It's not necessarily what has kept you safe so far. About 1% of Americans have tested positive and 99% haven't, but good job.
I turned down going to my parents' house for the 4th because I told them that they and my siblings weren't being safe about distancing. That pissed them of pretty quickly and I got the spiel about "deaths are down" and "you can pick it up anywhere." 3 days later they both test positive. So ya, i think it did keep me and my family safe.
What color medal do you want? Chocolate chip or Oatmeal Raisin cookie to go with it?

You are such a troll. You say live your life according to his risk assessment. He does. Dodges catching it from his family. And then you mock him. You will probably never catch it cause the world socially distances from you already which is why you post so many times a day.

Me and others, so are you are going to call them out as well? Probably not, because you don't have the balls to do it.

Hell, Willy, I'll make it easy on you so you don't have an excuse:
https://texags.com/forums/38/topics/3097492/replies/56960256
https://texags.com/forums/38/topics/3097492/replies/56960258
https://texags.com/forums/38/topics/3097492/replies/56960283
HtownWilly12
aTm2004 said:

HtownWilly12 said:

aTm2004 said:

cajunaggie08 said:

SoupNazi2001 said:

cajunaggie08 said:

SoupNazi2001 said:

cajunaggie08 said:

SoupNazi2001 said:

third coast.. said:

Me and others, so are you are going to call them out as well? Probably not, because you don't have the balls to do it.

Well I clearly do cause I'm calling your keyboard warrior a$$ out right now. I spend my pooping time scrolling so I don't plan to be here all day like you but when they dominate threads in unproductive ways I'll be sure to do the same. Have a blessed day and mask up
aTm2004
AG
HtownWilly12 said:

aTm2004 said:

HtownWilly12 said:

aTm2004 said:

cajunaggie08 said:

SoupNazi2001 said:

cajunaggie08 said:

SoupNazi2001 said:

cajunaggie08 said:

SoupNazi2001 said:

third coast.. said:

Well I clearly do cause I'm calling your keyboard warrior a$$ out right now. I spend my pooping time scrolling so I don't plan to be here all day like you but when they dominate threads in unproductive ways I'll be sure to do the same. Have a blessed day and mask up
Calling me out for what? Because you're a keyboard warrior who just decides to bash on me because you think it's cool since this seems to be the only thread you have posted in since your account was created 10 years ago? You're not going to do it because you don't have the spine to be called out for the stick you have in your ass.
T Durden
AG
Good lord not this **** again...
aTm2004
AG
Once again, not started by me.
Chipotlemonger
AG
T Durden said:

Good lord not this **** again...
atm2004 always has to get the last word in
Nitro Power
AG
jackrabbitfighting.vid
Ag_07
AG
I guess it's just a coincidence that this happens every time you show up.
HtownWilly12
aTm2004 said:

HtownWilly12 said:

aTm2004 said:

HtownWilly12 said:

aTm2004 said:

cajunaggie08 said:

SoupNazi2001 said:

cajunaggie08 said:

SoupNazi2001 said:

cajunaggie08 said:

SoupNazi2001 said:

third coast.. said:

Calling me out for what? Because you're a keyboard warrior who just decides to bash on me because you think it's cool since this seems to be the only thread you have posted in since your account was created 10 years ago? You're not going to do it because you don't have the spine to be called out for the stick you have in your ass.

Well it's obvious we are both being some KW right now but I'm just voicing what is most certainly the prevailing opinion here. Since you are tracking post histories...read through that thread. Yours is the definition of a troll. Just trying to help you out pal since you spend so much time here.
aTm2004
AG
Ag_07 said:

I guess it's just a coincidence that this happens every time you show up.
Not every time, buddy. I've posted several days/weeks without this. Willy decides he wants to toggle his light switch and take a run. He's still posting, so must of had Taco Bell for dinner or something.
aTm2004
AG
HtownWilly12 said:

aTm2004 said:

HtownWilly12 said:

aTm2004 said:

HtownWilly12 said:

aTm2004 said:

cajunaggie08 said:

SoupNazi2001 said:

cajunaggie08 said:

SoupNazi2001 said:

cajunaggie08 said:

SoupNazi2001 said:

third coast.. said:

Well it's obvious we are both being some KW right now but I'm just voicing what is most certainly the prevailing opinion here. Since you are tracking post histories...read through that thread. Yours is the definition of a troll. Just trying to help you out pal since you spend so much time here.
Definition of a troll? No. I've been pretty consistent in my view of this since the beginning. Sorry you think someone not agreeing with you is a troll. Maybe if you spent more time here, you'd see what a real troll is and not what you believe one to be from your limited experience in the clique of the Tine Board.

So, are you going to go do the same for the others that posted something similar? Or are you going to show you're nothing more than self-righteous hack?
Post removed:
by user
HtownWilly12
aTm2004 said:

HtownWilly12 said:

aTm2004 said:

HtownWilly12 said:

aTm2004 said:

HtownWilly12 said:

aTm2004 said:

cajunaggie08 said:

SoupNazi2001 said:

cajunaggie08 said:

SoupNazi2001 said:

cajunaggie08 said:

SoupNazi2001 said:

third coast.. said:

Definition of a troll? No. I've been pretty consistent in my view of this since the beginning. Sorry you think someone not agreeing with you is a troll. Maybe if you spent more time here, you'd see what a real troll is and not what you believe one to be from your limited experience in the clique of the Tine Board.

So, are you going to go do the same for the others that posted something similar? Or are you going to show you're nothing more than self-righteous hack?

Man I totally would but right now I'm occupying so much of your headspace I'm exhausted
aTm2004
AG
HtownWilly12 said:

aTm2004 said:

HtownWilly12 said:

aTm2004 said:

HtownWilly12 said:

aTm2004 said:

HtownWilly12 said:

aTm2004 said:

cajunaggie08 said:

SoupNazi2001 said:

cajunaggie08 said:

SoupNazi2001 said:

cajunaggie08 said:

SoupNazi2001 said:

third coast.. said:

Man I totally would but right now I'm occupying so much of your headspace I'm exhausted
Says the man that decided to hop on the train and try to get the cool kids to notice you. Rent. Free.
cone
AG
wtf
Chipotlemonger
AG
Maybe* if we all do this he'll stop!

*I wouldn't bet on it though
Silky Johnston
Are you autistic?
Seersucker Ag 2011
AG
"Topic removed from your watchlist"
aTm2004
AG
Silky Johnston said:

Are you autistic?
You know, I was going to let the thread be, but I am going to respond to this. That's not something to joke about. My brother's twin boys are both autistic, and in the last year, I've been an ear for him as he and his wife struggle with making the decision on whether or not to continue to care for them at home or move them into a long-term care facility, because they just aged out of the public school system and will never be able to live on their own or fend for themselves. I've listened to him vent about dealing with the government and the SS office to get them into the programs and benefits available to them, and I've listened to him cry as he hit bottom after he walked in from work and found one dragging his wife around the kitchen by her hair with a knife in his hand.

If you want to jump on the ship and make jokes about me, that's fine. But not like this. There are lines you don't cross.
BohunkAg
AG
Bahahahaha The classic non-answer answer.

BohunkAg
AG
Trying to get back on topic.
gougler08
AG
The end where he goes, I'm going to bring someone up to explain why the numbers aren't important but the trend is going up. ****ing politicians
ChemAg15
AG
This thread is such a ****ing roller coaster
Madmarttigan
AG
So ATM can act like an ass to others but then gets high and mighty about a non pc comment? I'm so confused
Texan_Aggie
AG
Here we go again.
First Page Last Page
Page 204 of 599

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.