Houston
Sponsored by

Tine Coronavirus thread

2,499,562 Views | 20959 Replies | Last: 2 mo ago by Ciboag96
cone
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
but slower because the prevalence is higher

locking down with zero cases isn't the same as locking down amidst epidemic spread
cone
AG
it isn't meaningless

a lockdown now would be effective and help reset the infectious reservoir and prevent potential epidemic overshoot

if that's worth the cost is a real debate, but locking down isn't a worthless step, even if someone as frivolous as Lina is pushing for it
cajunaggie08
AG
Gov. Abbott's office just sent a notice to Saint Arnold that the need to cease dine-in operations immediately. I am guessing this is because they are classified as a brewery with a restaurant rather than a separate restaurant on the same property.
Caliber
AG
cajunaggie08 said:

Gov. Abbott's office just sent a notice to Saint Arnold that the need to cease dine-in operations immediately. I am guessing this is because they are classified as a brewery with a restaurant rather than a separate restaurant on the same property.

Dear Saint Arnold Army,

Sometimes government bureaucracy comes to ridiculous conclusions. This is one of those times.

The governor's office has abruptly decided that in calculating whether our Beer Garden & Restaurant sells at least 51% alcohol (determining if we are a "bar" or "restaurant"), we have to include all of the beer we sell to our distributors as if we were selling it to you at our restaurant. This defies all logic and common sense. The result is that beginning today we will be returning to only curbside service for food and beer to go at Saint Arnold. This could cause the loss of 75 jobs at our Beer Garden.

We have an ask for you: please politely and respectfully let Governor Abbott know this is absurd. Please ask him to allow us to calculate the 51% based on our restaurant operations alone. You can contact him online here or tweet at him at @GovAbbott and @GregAbbott_TX.

We have worked hard to create one of the safest dining experiences in the state, waiting an extra two weeks to reopen, restricting ourselves to only outdoor tables, increasing spacing and instituting strict safety protocols. We have received much positive feedback for our efforts. Even if there is another shutdown which seems increasingly likely, it is critical that we get this interpretation changed.

In the meantime, we have several delicious special release beers coming out this week. We encourage you to come by and pick them up at our drive thru. Say hi to our team through your mask, order some of our tasty food and stay safe!

We appreciate your support.

Cheers!

Brock Wagner
Founder/Brewer
cone
AG
ridiculous small ball

also ridiculous that we aren't seeing heat maps of the city where this is cooking off

if anecdotal reports from the frontline docs are any indication, then it's likely heavily concentrated in areas of low SES, but we aren't seeing any of that data (like they generated in NYC)
K Bo
Onceaggie2.0
Better grease that wheel if I was Brock.
cajunaggie08
AG
If restaurants are going to be open, absolute horse crap they are going to force them to calculate what is sold to the distributors. I get that a line exists that determines what is a bar vs a restaurant and other bars could try to exploit that to reclassify as restaurants to remain open, but I don't think Saint Arnold was trying to cheat the system here.
TXTransplant
cone said:

it isn't meaningless

a lockdown now would be effective and help reset the infectious reservoir and prevent potential epidemic overshoot

if that's worth the cost is a real debate, but locking down isn't a worthless step, even if someone as frivolous as Lina is pushing for it

What is currently open that we think is a significant source of spread?

Bars are closed. Restaurants are at limited capacity (and the few I've been to in the last 2 months have been nearly empty).

Air travel is WAY down.

I honestly do not think anyone is catching this at HEB, Trader Joe's, Lowe's, etc - unless you let someone cough all over you. I personally don't get close enough to anyone for long enough to let that happen.

Gyms - this prob is a source of spread. But no one HAS to go to a gym right now. And the people who do are probably some of the healthiest/lowest risk people.

So, what's left to close? Dentists and eye doctors offices? These are medical professionals who should know how to keep people safe. If you don't feel safe going, stay home.

Small retail? Like restaurants, most of these places aren't seeing a lot of traffic right now. Some places didn't even reopen after the first shutdown. And social distancing in a store is not difficult.

Salons? Again, if you don't feel safe, don't get your hair cut or your nails done.

All another shutdown will do is arbitrarily close some businesses while keeping others open. We will be able to buy mattresses and liquor but not get new glasses.

And the people who are sick will still be irresponsibly gathering with groups of family and friends and spreading this around!
BohunkAg
AG
cone said:

ridiculous small ball

also ridiculous that we aren't seeing heat maps of the city where this is cooking off

if anecdotal reports from the frontline docs are any indication, then it's likely heavily concentrated in areas of low SES, but we aren't seeing any of that data (like they generated in NYC)
SES meaning socioeconomic status?

Yes, would be interesting to see. I would guess that's correct. I'm not sure what local govt wouldn't want everyone to see that. I'm sure they could spin it in their favor. And that data could actually help people.
Cromagnum
AG
FPS_Dough said:

A lockdown just delays the inevitable we locked for 3 months yet here we are.

Well, they catalyzed it with all the bull**** protestors and rioters traveling all over the damned place to spread it.
Bondag
AG
cajunaggie08 said:

Emailed Gov Abbott and Queen Sheila. Takes 2 minutes. 3 if you have to look up your +4 zip extension QS requires.
cone
AG
I read this as how you approach the virus, not how the general population approaches the virus

if the attitude is **** em, well I guess that's an opinion
AgLiving06
Cases are trickling back up in New York.

Just a sure sign that the only way out is through.

Protect the at risk and let the rest of us deal with it.
Head Ninja In Charge
AG
AgLiving06 said:

What does "deal with it" consist of?
gougler08
AG
Head Ninja In Charge said:

AgLiving06 said:

Get minimally sick and move on with life?
TXTransplant
cone said:

I read this as how you approach the virus, not how the general population approaches the virus

if the attitude is **** em, well I guess that's an opinion

When people behave irresponsibly, what other opinion can be had?

Maybe I've recited the Serenity Prayer one too many times in the last year+, but I've accepted that I cannot control how anyone else behaves. And neither can the govt.

And all another shutdown does is say "F em" to the small business owners who are trying to stay afloat.

So, either way, someone gets hosed.
TXTransplant
cajunaggie08 said:

I'm surprised they were open at all. All of the wineries (many of which also have restaurants) in the Hill Country are closed. You can get take out, and some will let you consume your takeout outside on their patios or picnic areas. But the interior areas are closed.
AgLiving06
Head Ninja In Charge said:

AgLiving06 said:

Be responsible and live our lives?

What's the alternative?
cone
AG
deal with it means catch the itis
LostInLA07
AG
A winery in Montgomery County just reopened at 25% capacity.
TXTransplant
LostInLA07 said:

It's MoCo, so I'm not surprised. The judge has been very outspoken about not enforcing the governor's orders.

This just underscores my previous point about another shutdown being arbitrary and unfair to small business owners.
Daddy-O5
AG
LostInLA07 said:

I tried to convince my wife we needed to move out to MoCo earlier this year when we moved (currently in Harris). This would've been very helpful at the time.
BohunkAg
AG
AgLiving06 said:

The New Jersey governor was spiking the football on Texas and Florida a week or so ago. I suspected they would trend back up at some point.
BohunkAg
AG
This was it....they had it contained!

AgLiving06
BohunkAg said:

AgLiving06 said:

The New Jersey governor was spiking the football on Texas and Florida a week or so ago. I suspected they would trend back up at some point.

What a time to be alive.

They have 30% less cases, but 5x more deaths.

Sure something to spike the football about....
BohunkAg
AG
This was three days ago....

gougler08
AG
Love how he conveniently neglects the 12k more deaths that NJ has had and the astounding 17x higher deaths/1M people that NJ has vs TX
jetch17
AG
Anyone else just get this EAS from Harris co saying 'stay home' followed by a translation by Lina?

Keegan99
AG
TX deaths per million? 110+

NJ deaths per million? 1750+

The worst country in the EU is Belgium, which has a rate of 850+.

The NJ governor is Dennis Franchione in the post game presser after 77-0.
bearkatag15
AG
so its only in effect for an hour? Sure. I'll stay inside for an hour I guess
Fightin' Texas Aggie and Sam Houston State Bearkat
AgsMyDude
AG
FPS_Dough said:

A lockdown just delays the inevitable we locked for 3 months yet here we are.

Except now we now WAY more than we did 3 months ago. Remember when the default treatment was everyone on a vent and then we found out it was doing more harm than good?
lunchbox
Yup - got it too...
gougler08
AG
bearkatag15 said:

Haha I saw that too...it's really hot out so no issues staying inside for the next few hours
jetch17
AG
bearkatag15 said:

Yeah I thought that was dumb AF too
First Page Last Page
Page 198 of 599

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.