Houston
Sponsored by

Tine Coronavirus thread

2,475,739 Views | 20959 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by Ciboag96
AgLiving06
How long do you want to ignore this user?
BohunkAg said:

Oh Lina.......I think this is more than ten people.

I don't get protests like this.

They found her body, the presumed killer committed suicide and they arrested a lady accused of helping to bury the body.

Seems like justice is well on its way to be served.
SirLurksALot
AgLiving06 said:

BohunkAg said:

I don't get protests like this.

They found her body, the presumed killer committed suicide and they arrested a lady accused of helping to bury the body.

Seems like justice is well on its way to be served.

Her family has been running to the media making statements throughout the entire investigation. Apparently they're blaming the Army for what happened instead of the murderer and they want Fort Hood closed.

Honestly I think a lot of people are protesting simply because there's nothing else to do.
Jackal99
AG
tylercsbn9 said:

BohunkAg said:

Will this go on Sly's wall of shame? Will Lena scold them? If not they can get ****ed when *****ing about a bar or restaurant.

If not, **** them all.
AgLiving06
So what am I missing here?

Fox is reporting a record number of cases today: Foxnews

It says 8,258 cases and 191,790 total.

However Worldometer is showing 5,382 and 195,769.

Is it just timing in how they report cases across the sites?
Post removed:
by user
Jock 07
AG
If makes y'all feel any better saw the same dumbass **** here today, protests densely congregated on street corners but God forbid if the city/county open the beaches or allow for fireworks shows. However driving down 405 tonight it's clear the local populace took matters into their own hands with the fireworks tonight
plowboy1065
S
Went to Walmart, Specs, and Kroger today and I didn't wear a mask. Not a single person said anything to me about it
nonameag99
where?
The Aggie number specified has already been linked with another TexAgs account.
CoachRTM
AG
plowboy1065 said:

Went to Walmart, Specs, and Kroger today and I didn't wear a mask. Not a single person said anything to me about it

BowSowy
AG
CoachRTM said:

plowboy1065 said:

****, is this what it feels like to come across a true Alpha?
BarryProfit
Keegan99
AG
Or when you have already slaughtered tens of thousands of vulnerable and reached the 20% burnout threshold, as is the case in NY.

The virus is "under control" in New York the same way that a bare foundation covered in ashy rubble is no longer a risk for a house fire.

You can test all you want in that scenario. It's not the testing "keeping the epidemic at bay", though. New breakouts aren't going to happen. This is exactly what has transpired in Europe.
wessimo
AG
How much longer until Texas hits the "burnout" threshold?
Keegan99
AG
Haven't seen any good regional seroprevalence studies. The number is between 15-20%, give or take. Per Nobel Prize winner Michael Levitt.

Texas is at 190k "cases". If you assume a 10x multiplier, you get to 1.9MM. That puts us about 30% of the way there. If you assume a 5x multiplier, we're only 15%.

In Europe the population fatality rate before burnout was about 500 per million, based on all-cause mortality. So we're probably closer to 15% than 30%, though we have better therapies and are doing a better job of protecting our most vulnerable. Other factors like density may help to keep our number low as well.

Our numbers when this is over in Texas will most likely, from a fatalities perspective, resemble the 2017-2018 flu season, when 9k+ perished. But that's assuming the influx from Mexico is controlled and/or subsides.
Milwaukees Best Light
AG
Keegan99 said:

Haven't seen any good regional seroprevalence studies. The number is between 15-20%, give or take. Per Nobel Prize winner Michael Levitt.
in fairness, they did give one of those to Barack Obama too.
Jock 07
AG
nonameag99 said:

where?

LA
lancevance
https://justthenews.com/politics-policy/coronavirus/covid-19-close-losing-its-epidemic-status-us-according-cdc
Big Cat `93
AG
That's a huge caveat right there.
wessimo
AG
The possibility that we are only 15% of the way there is a bit depressing.
cone
AG
that would be completely amazing if true

my heuristic is take hospitalizations and multiple by 33 and that's your spread
Gap
AG
Where are the deaths in Texas? We are weeks into the hospitals are going to burst. Shouldn't daily deaths be about 6-10 times higher than in the April/May period?

Our current 7 day rolling average daily deaths is below the April/May period where we concluded that we had avoided the worst of the outbreak. Seems like at some point we decide to get to the other side of this and be done freaking out and destroying everything else around the issue like jobs, businesses, opportunity, education, and freedom.
Al Bula
AG
Guess this was ok because it was a "BLM" protest?!

https://www.reddit.com/r/houston/comments/hlmjrr/grand_tuscany_hotel_giant_pool_parties_742020/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app&utm_name=iossmf

Grand Tuscany must be the new Aloft.

https://www.dripndippoolparty.com/

themissinglink
AG
Twitter and Reddit owe white, republican Karens an apology.
Jackal99
AG
Ocean Of Funk said:

Guess this was ok because it was a "BLM" protest?!

https://www.reddit.com/r/houston/comments/hlmjrr/grand_tuscany_hotel_giant_pool_parties_742020/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app&utm_name=iossmf

Grand Tuscany must be the new Aloft.

https://www.dripndippoolparty.com/

I look forward to Sly's shaming.
jetch17
AG
Grand Tuscany - what a sh*thole
terradactylexpress
That's the same place that let's ivory "sing"
Al Bula
AG
terradactylexpress said:

That's the same place that let's ivory "sing"
ironic considering ivory was on their 4th of July insta post but that does not reflect the crowd partying there yesterday.

https://instagr.am/p/CCOlMrfpZQ-
Post removed:
by user
Cromagnum
AG
Rumors going around about a possible 30 day stay at home order in Texas coming tomorrow. Cant validate or refute it from searching online myself though. Anyone else heard anything?
schmendeler
AG
I heard from my cousin that he saw Abbott and Lina talking about it at 31 Flavors.
spadilly
S
Cromagnum said:

Rumors going around about a possible 30 day stay at home order in Texas coming tomorrow. Cant validate or refute it from searching online myself though. Anyone else heard anything?

A ll I have seen is a tweet floating around mentioning a Hobby Lobby employee telling a customer they were prepping to be closed 30 days. Haven't seen anything from a credible source yet.

Also, what would a statewide shutdown look like? Only essential businesses up and running, restaurants with curbside only, etc?
wessimo
AG
If that happens and my employer extends our work from home policy accordingly I think I'll be spending the next month in the mountains of NM or NC.
BowSowy
AG
Heard similar rumors from my friend's coworker's roommate's cousin who was in the marines back when things shut down earlier
Chipotlemonger
AG
BowSowy said:

Heard similar rumors from my friend's coworker's roommate's cousin who was in the marines back when things shut down earlier

No kidding. I love the rumor mill. Where are the tanks!!!
cone
AG
I wouldn't be surprised if they shut it down again if that's what was needed to get schools open for the fall
First Page Last Page
Page 184 of 599

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.