Houston
Sponsored by

Tine Coronavirus thread

2,499,748 Views | 20959 Replies | Last: 2 mo ago by Ciboag96
IrishTxAggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I just absolutely hate NYC and Jersey. I used to go there 4-5/yr for work and I just was not a fan.
Keegan99
AG
David_Puddy said:

Cuomo has gotten entirely too much airtime for someone who completely botched the handling of this pandemic for his state.

Yup. Guy forced nursing homes to accept COVID+ patients. Turned them into death mills.

DeSantis looked at the data and did precisely the opposite, prohibiting hospitals from returning COVID+ patients to residential facilities.
BarryProfit
RK
AG
lol what?
IrishTxAggie
AG
How does a guy in Chicago make such a claim when the people in our city haven't? This would be a super bowl event for Dora and she would be in front of the press right now
wessimo
AG
bearkatag15
AG
Reading through the comments, someone thinks he is getting his info from this:

wessimo
AG
Teddy Perkins
AG
Local source

Fitch
AG

Bregxit
AG
wessimo said:

What gets me about the first tweet is that people act like when these big numbers pop up they all happened in one day. They were over a five day period. And 6 of the 7 deaths had underlying conditions.
cone
AG
shut it all down
Jackal99
AG
One from April and two from May are just now being reported? Wish they'd tell us what the underlying conditions were, too.
Sazerac
AG
I have two relatives, elderly sisters who live together. Both are positive.

One went to the Er yesterday with 103 fever, vomit, diarrhea, cough. Was dismissed from hospital in the evening because "not serious enough, need the room".

IrishTxAggie
AG
Bregxit said:

wessimo said:

What gets me about the first tweet is that people act like when these big numbers pop up they all happened in one day. They were over a five day period. And 6 of the 7 deaths had underlying conditions.
5/7 were at least 80...
wessimo
AG
True, most of the cases in that huge number came from the prior 5 day period. But this reporting trend has been the norm for the past several days, and if it continues another week then the number is actually representative of the daily count of new cases.
cone
AG
You've been wrong about this thing since jump
corndog04
AG
Bregxit said:

wessimo said:

I'm not sure that works like you think it does.
ClutchCityAg
flnk06 said:

https://www.khou.com/mobile/article/news/health/coronavirus/texas-hospital-icus-crowded-with-covid-19-patients-as-coronavirus-continues-to-spread/285-aad0788d-256e-4454-8e3f-87f9c7956680

97% of icu beds at TMC are occupied.
On the stats someone posted earlier, it says 27% of the beds are occupied by Covid-Positive patients.

ETA: Found the stat
Let it ride
jenn96
AG
Is the temporary parking lot hospital no longer available?
IrishTxAggie
AG
cone said:

You've been wrong about this thing since jump

On plenty, sure. But not all. I've said it's less deadly than the flu from the get go, which is entirely accurate. It's just more transmissible. I said that the people dying from it are old and that the young need to get out there to generate herd immunity. The median age is still in the upper 70s. When this starts knocking off people in there 30s and 40s left and right, then maybe I'll care more.

You seriously think "shutting it all down" will stop this? You're a buffoon if so. This virus is here. It's not going anywhere. Quit moving goal posts and let Mother Nature run its course
cone
AG
generate herd immunity by rapidly growing the viral vector pool

smart move. I'm sure there won't be any spillover into the more vulnerable community

also, young people are fat
cone
AG
1% of Houston dead letting nature run its course

also a great idea
IrishTxAggie
AG
Harris County is at ~340 COVID deaths. I see you enjoy just pulling percentages out of your ass
cone
AG
IFR was 1% in NYC

bet I'm sure you know better

those dead people should have know better
Teddy Perkins
AG
Stats or no stats the experts at the Texas Medical Center are pleading for Houstonians to stay home, and mask up/socially distance when they have to go out. Are you just going to ignore their pleas?
cone
AG
where do you think the deaths will be on July 15th, given the current spike and first real wave?
cone
AG
it appears so
Bregxit
AG
wessimo said:

True, most of the cases in that huge number came from the prior 5 day period. But this reporting trend has been the norm for the past several days, and if it continues another week then the number is actually representative of the daily count of new cases.
So 180ish new cases per day...and if that holds doesn't that mean the "curve is still flat"? Also how much of the increase in number has to do with tons more testing going on?
corndog04
AG
Do you think today is the only day that will include numbers from that 5 day range?

To expand on this.. here is some history

6/24/20: Reported 987 cases, 91% of tests from 6/14-6/22
6/23/20: Reported 944 cases, 87% of tests from 6/10-6/19
6/22/20: Reported 1789 cases, 86% of tests from 6/9-6/17.

These average out and, in general, we can view these numbers as what new case counts were around a week ago. Actual new cases detected in testing performed today will in likelihood be a decent amount higher than the 987 cases that were reported today given the current trends.
BarryProfit
Teddy Perkins said:

Stats or no stats the experts at the Texas Medical Center are pleading for Houstonians to stay home, and mask up/socially distance when they have to go out. Are you just going to ignore their pleas?

Tough to argue with this statement.
TXTransplant
Let's be reasonable about this...people aren't contracting the virus on a trip to HEB or eating out at a restaurant (assuming you are eating with family and the tables are reasonably spaced out).

If they were, a whole heck of a lot more people would have gotten sick during the "shutdown".

However, people need to be mindful of where they are/who they are with, stay out of large crowds (and, arguably, places they don't absolutely ~need~ to go), and just in general stay the heck away from people (and I don't mean isolate, I mean just be extra respectful of personal space so people can't cough or sneeze on you).

Unfortunately, that's not what a lot of people did once things opened back up. Which is exactly why shutting down again is not the answer. The harder you tell people what to do, the harder they rebel.

I'm taking responsibility for myself, and there is not much more anyone can do other than that.
Ferris Wheel Allstar
AG
every place I have been, people are wearing masks. So when we get the 2 week back log report a month from now, what is it going to say?
David_Puddy
AG
People are wearing masks but the more important question is......are you?
cone
AG
if the vector pool gets large enough yes you would see infections at places you previously didn't expect
First Page Last Page
Page 159 of 599

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.