Houston
Sponsored by

Tine Coronavirus thread

2,500,685 Views | 20959 Replies | Last: 2 mo ago by Ciboag96
Post removed:
by user
AeroAg1
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Another big spike reported today with delayed information from early June. Why wouldn't they average those out and report those cases in the weeks they happened?
Jock 07
AG
spadilly said:

I'm tempted to give blood sometime this week just because of the free COVID antibody testing.

Curious to see if I've had it already. If so, I'd fell better about venturing out and being around people.

Are those tests even accurate?
Post removed:
by user
CowtownAg06
AG
It's a Roche test specific to COVID 19 and seems to be pretty good. I donated yesterday will get results next week.
TitanAGGIE09
AG
That was a rhetorical question correct?
terradactylexpress
rudy99 said:

Another big spike reported today with delayed information from early June. Why wouldn't they average those out and report those cases in the weeks they happened?

Because it would have shown for the past 2-3 weeks cases were increasing as the state was still reopening
Irish 2.0
Hospitalizations without context is worthless. How many of hose hospitalizations are COVID?

-other account is on hiatus, but y'all know me
Jack Cheese
AG
Welp, I'm positive. I feel fine. Have to lay low another week. Screws up a bunch of plans for my family which sucks.
CowtownAg06
AG
Where do you think you got it? If you don't mind me asking.

Also sorry that sucks about yours plans.
Jack Cheese
AG
Don't know. Was at the gym and in the office last Wednesday, sat at the bar at Ambriza towne lake last Friday. Those are the most likely exposures.
TraditionsPD
AG
Will gyms require masks now
LostInLA07
AG
Yes for employees. Masks are not required while exercising.
Post removed:
by user
Rustys-Beef-o-Reeno
AG
A Gym seems like the worst place to go.
Post removed:
by user
WES2006AG
AG
Jack Cheese said:

Welp, I'm positive. I feel fine. Have to lay low another week. Screws up a bunch of plans for my family which sucks.
That sucks but it is good that you seem to have a mild case. Hang in there.
gougler08
AG
Rustys-Beef-o-Reeno said:

A Gym seems like the worst place to go.

It's much more sanitary than going to HEB. I never get within 6 ft of someone and there are people cleaning constantly
terradactylexpress
If you feel fine what tipped you to get tested?
AgsMyDude
AG
Jack Cheese said:

Better than having not been tested and carrying it with you to the family plans.
Jack Cheese
AG
Had a cough for a couple of days then fever last Sunday/Monday. Felt a lot better by Tues but took the test anyway out of an abundance of caution, mainly because we were going back into the office half time.

It is a super mild case. I know it is a blessing, lots of people have it worse so I shouldn't complain at all.
Post removed:
by user
AggieT
AG
That's exactly what happened.
Irish 2.0

Jack Cheese said:

Pretty sure I had back in February, but out of an abundance of caution; want to grab a beer tomorrow on me? I'd like to double check since I don't trust the tests. Plus I like drinking and meeting good people! HERD IMMUNITY for the win!!

ETA:
I may be IrishTxAggie...but he may be banned and I may be his father.
Milwaukees Best Light
AG
third coast.. said:

Speaking of gyms, idk how all yall did it for 2 months or so not being able to go to the gym. I would have lost all drive and motivation and turned in to a sack of goo.
it was relatively cool for the first couple months of this. Jogging outside was ok. About the time it got too hot, the gov opened things up. The gym I go to hasn't gotten back to it's previous crowdedness, and that is ok with me. It was never bad anyway, but now it is great. Going at 1300 instead of 1700 helps too I guess.
Ag_07
AG
Jack Cheese said:

It is a super mild case.

You misspelled normal

But seriously I think we're finding out that WAY more people have it and the majority of cases are pretty mild.
Head Ninja In Charge
AG
Lazy ass question here, so feel free to roast, but is there a test that doesn't involve nasal swab? Invasive anything is my worst nightmare, but I want to make sure I'm good.
Milwaukees Best Light
AG
We were, but once the first kid came along we didn't use it enough to justify the cost. We might go back in a year or two. I am at Anytime Fitness right in front of my neighborhood. Wife got a Peloton and uses that 3-4 times a week. I mainly use the treadmills, so 100 x month for that is a little steep. Second kid is getting older now, so the childcare thing might be enough to get me back.

Had some friends that would drop their kids at the gym on Friday night, then sneak out and go to a nice dinner.
tylercsbn9
AG
Ag_07 said:

Jack Cheese said:

It is a super mild case.

You misspelled normal

But seriously I think we're finding out that WAY more people have it and the majority of cases are pretty mild.

I think that will become more and more evident. We're seeing large % of college football players testing + for it. Look at UT, Clemson, and LSU. Virtually none of them had symptoms. And frankly most of them wouldn't have even know had they not be required by virtue of being on the team and them taking these precautions.
Jack Cheese
AG
AgsMyDude said:

Jack Cheese said:

Better than having not been tested and carrying it with you to the family plans.

Most of the plans didn't involve me, but the exposure to me screwed them up for my family members. That's the really sucky part.
drumboy
AG
Head Ninja In Charge said:

Lazy ass question here, so feel free to roast, but is there a test that doesn't involve nasal swab? Invasive anything is my worst nightmare, but I want to make sure I'm good.

My county test was self administered and not bad at all. Lady told me how far to go (just to the point where it felt tight) twist and hold for 10.
RVAg02
AG
drumboy said:

Lady told me how far to go (just to the point where it felt tight) twist and hold for 10.

Wait...what are talking about???
SockDePot
third coast.. said:

Speaking of gyms, idk how all yall did it for 2 months or so not being able to go to the gym. I would have lost all drive and motivation and turned in to a sack of goo.

Here.
Fitch
AG
State and Area Case Data

County-Level Case Data

Hospitalizations by TSA Region

First Page Last Page
Page 153 of 599

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.