Houston
Sponsored by

Tine Coronavirus thread

2,499,823 Views | 20959 Replies | Last: 2 mo ago by Ciboag96
Jugstore Cowboy
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Q-tip or what?
jh0400
AG
third coast.. said:

Speaking of gyms, idk how all yall did it for 2 months or so not being able to go to the gym. I would have lost all drive and motivation and turned in to a sack of goo.

I took up cycling and ended up with a broken elbow and a pin in my hip.
Post removed:
by user
Post removed:
by user
LostInLA07
AG
What does ICU occupancy look like?
IrishTxAggie
AG

So the day after they set a record for number of tests, they have the day with the 2nd most cases...I'm shocked

Post removed:
by user
IrishTxAggie
AG
Hospitalization numbers without context are worthless. Glad someone made the chart...

OPEN EVERYTHING BACK UP!!!

Post removed:
by user
IrishTxAggie
AG
Because the hospitalizations are manipulated too. Upon a hospitalization they administer a COVID test. Regardless of why you a person is hospitalized the person is marked as COVID if it's positive
Post removed:
by user
IrishTxAggie
AG
Reliable? None of them as far as I'm concerned. Too many people on both sides have politicized it for me to trust any source really

Important? As long as the hospitals aren't overrun, that's all that matters. Keep humming along and let people live their lives. Let the younger and healthier people keep getting exposure and continue onward towards herd immunity
LondonAg89
AG
Why is this not surprising? It's not cured. We flattened the curve. We should've done this 3 months ago
Post removed:
by user
IrishTxAggie
AG
terradactylexpress
You talk numbers then throw this garbage up? Cases up 700+/day or so for the last week or two and comparing them against deaths. Deaths lag hospitalizations, and to your point about the data being worthless we continue to get deaths announced that are a month or more past the actual date of death
IrishTxAggie
AG
That's why I've shared from multiple sources. I don't trust any of them, but put them out there for others to see and draw their own conclusion
Head Ninja In Charge
AG
IrishTxAggie said:

That's why I've shared from multiple sources. I don't trust any of them, but put them out there for others to see and draw their own conclusion

Serious question. What sources do you trust? Reason I ask is I have a few people in my social circle who have taken the same stance in that they refute any published report regardless of quantitative and/or narrative results. For the people I know however, it's typically because they're not intelligent and/or informed enough to back up their stance. They just say 'Meh, I don't trust it.' And speaking again, just for the people I personally am referencing, they're pretty much dumb AF because they have NEVER drawn their own conclusions past not acknowledging any reported study as viable. FWIW, none of them are Ags.

Anyways, just curious. Are my peeps dumb AF or is there something they/you are seeing or not seeing in these reports because they sure seem fairly conclusive to me.
BowSowy
AG
It does make me laugh when people say "I don't trust the data" but then post cherry-picked data that fits their narrative.

We shut down early and saw very little impact from the virus. We've opened up now and are seeing an increase in cases. The deaths are almost assuredly going to follow. I'm hopeful we keep things manageable.
MAS444
AG
What about doctors and health care professionals...does it matter what they think? All the ones I've talked to and seemingly all of them with positions of authority at major hospitals and in our great medical center recommend masks, social distancing, etc. These are generally very conservative people (definitely the ones I've talked to). It seems like they'd be the best, most non-biased authority on the subject. They certainly know better than I do...so that's who I chose to listen to.

I'm amazed at the number of people who seemingly know better. According to my facebook feed, I've got a lot of "friends" (mostly people I grew up with/from my home town) who never got past a semester in college and can't hold down a full time job but seem to know a whole hell of a lot about the subject...apparently way more than the doctors, hospitals, etc. I'm just curious how they've acquired their knowledge. But, of course, plenty very smart, educated folks share these same opinions. The apparent disconnect is fascinating to me.
Silky Johnston
"I don't trust any source of information and only post them so people can make their own conclusions." Proceeds to only post janky ass data that supports your own position. Lol, ok.
cajunaggie08
AG
I talked with a friend who is an ICU nurse at one of the TMC hospitals over the weekend. She said they are quickly becoming short staffed as a number of them are testing positive and being asked to quarantine for 14 days. So while we may currently have beds available, we may run into a problem soon of not having enough healthy professionals to tend to those occupied beds.
CowtownAg06
AG
Interesting is that PPE is something that TMC says is in great supply. I wonder if these spreads are happening at work or if they are going out when not at the hospital.
cajunaggie08
AG
I asked something similar to that and she doesn't know. She could only speculate that someone may have got it outside of work and then brought it in as they work in somewhat tight quarters. They reserve the N95 masks for working in the Covid area so its plausible to spread it in a hospital when working in what is supposed to be a non-covid area.
bearkatag15
AG
My wife is an NP in the ICU in a Sugar Land hospital and said some of their nurses and other staff are getting positive tests even though most of them aren't in contact with COVID patients. Seems like its mainly people getting it from outside the hospital setting. Luckily no one on her floor has tested positive yet which tells me the PPE is working and they are using it correctly. They have anywhere from 8-12 COVID patients at a time right now.
Texan_Aggie
AG
CowtownAg06 said:

Interesting is that PPE is something that TMC says is in great supply. I wonder if these spreads are happening at work or if they are going out when not at the hospital.
Probably caused by those not wearing masks...
runontexas
AG
Sir Greg Abbott will be speaking later today to give you #JustTheFacts
jetch17
AG
Lina gonna get her toes run over?

JYDog90
AG
I can't stop watching
Formerly Willy Wonka
sts7049
AG
Silky Johnston said:

"I don't trust any source of information and only post them so people can make their own conclusions." Proceeds to only post janky ass data that supports your own position. Lol, ok.
but he contributes to fox news so it's OK
aTm2004
AG
That. Is. Awesome.
ThunderCougarFalconBird
AG
BohunkAg
AG
jayelbee said:

Sasappis said:

Then what number is reliable and important?

A lot of the COVID people are like those that are fanatics of the cult of Trump. Constantly move the goal posts to make sure you're only citing what supports your argument. When your old argument no longer applies, call it stupid and point at a new one.
It's fascinating to look at some of the Twitter timelines over the past month or two from the "COVID truthers" how they have rotated from COVID and how overrun everything is to pictures of large crowds protesting and how beautiful that is, and now rounding back to how Governor Abbott opened up everything too soon and we are all going to die. Mind blowing. Saw one today who is "an ICU nurse in Dallas." She's not sure she's going to make it through the next few days if this keeps up.
BBRex
AG
MAS444 said:

What about doctors and health care professionals...does it matter what they think? All the ones I've talked to and seemingly all of them with positions of authority at major hospitals and in our great medical center recommend masks, social distancing, etc. These are generally very conservative people (definitely the ones I've talked to). It seems like they'd be the best, most non-biased authority on the subject. They certainly know better than I do...so that's who I chose to listen to.

I'm amazed at the number of people who seemingly know better. According to my facebook feed, I've got a lot of "friends" (mostly people I grew up with/from my home town) who never got past a semester in college and can't hold down a full time job but seem to know a whole hell of a lot about the subject...apparently way more than the doctors, hospitals, etc. I'm just curious how they've acquired their knowledge. But, of course, plenty very smart, educated folks share these same opinions. The apparent disconnect is fascinating to me.
Over the past decade we've been watching the slow death of the "expert." Now, anybody's opinion will pass for fact.
First Page Last Page
Page 154 of 599

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.