Houston
Sponsored by

Tine Coronavirus thread

2,500,485 Views | 20959 Replies | Last: 2 mo ago by Ciboag96
K Bo
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
That rapid testing facility seems to have a line of cars around the corner down W 18th around the clock.
cap-n-jack
Sly says you can't do this:
https://abc13.com/society/shell-freedom-over-texas-will-be-without-live-crowd-this-year/6248297/

But he could do this:
?ve=1&tl=1

Juneteenth is coming up this weekend. Wonder if those celebrations will be virtual.
lunchbox
Re: rapid tests - my employer email blasted last week a communication that told us we could go to CVS to take the Abbott rapid test. You just hang out in your car and wait for them to come back to you with the results.

You are supposed to go to cvs.com and schedule an appointment, selecting the same-day option.
Matilda
AG
Urgent care at westheimer/montrose also has rapid tests
FHKChE07
AG
And there isn't a line.
Post removed:
by user
swimmerbabe11
...did he say that or was it a meme?
Petrino1
Matilda said:

Urgent care at westheimer/montrose also has rapid tests
Do you need to schedule an appointment or can you just show up? I got tested last Wednesday at Cullen Middle School and Im still waiting for the results. I called and they said it could take 7-10 business days which means I may not get the results back until next week!

Edit, I went to that Urgent care around noon today and they were all out of tests. They said to get there tomorrow at 6am and thats when they start hanging out tokens or wrist bands for testing.
cajunaggie08
AG
Actual quote from yesterday
Petrino1
Well guys just got my results back and I tested positive. I've been having on and off symptoms for about a week, but it hasn't been that bad. Mainly just chills, body aches, slight cough, congestion. I never got a high fever or shortness of breath, it basically felt like a cold or sinus infection.

I guess time to quarantine for another week!
SpringAg92
Oh goodness, so sorry to hear this. Take care of yourself and keep us posted.
Milwaukees Best Light
AG
So you called them, they said 7 to 10, then you got the results right after the call? Sure you aren't fevered up?
Petrino1
Milwaukees Best Light said:

So you called them, they said 7 to 10, then you got the results right after the call? Sure you aren't fevered up?
I got tested last Wednesday and called them Saturday, thats when they said it could take 7-10 business days because they were backed up. I got the results back today (Tuesday).
jh0400
AG
Ag_07
AG
jh0400 said:

Too late...Prior to 60,000 people shoulder to shoulder protesting woulda been the right time for that.
cone
AG
require them where?
jh0400
AG
"in the city" is as specific as he gets.
agz win
AG
Turner v. Abbott. Who'll blink first?
aTm2004
AG
GTFOH!!
cone
AG
this is neat

good luck on enforcement
aTm2004
AG
jh0400 said:

"in the city" is as specific as he gets.
Somewhere out there on that horizon
Out beyond the She Jack's hive
I know there must be someone better
but there's no one else in sight
dragmagpuff
AG
Ag_07 said:

jh0400 said:

Too late...Prior to 60,000 people shoulder to shoulder protesting woulda been the right time for that.

It's not like the county tried to require it a month ago.
Zemira
AG
Considering I live in Harris Co and work in Ft Bend Co I really don't care what mayor Sly tries to do.
cone
AG
and if I recall correctly the first response was the police union saying yeah hard pass
Fitch
AG
It was a joint letter with the mayors of San Antonio, Austin, Dallas, Fort Worth, Plano, Arlington, Grand Prairie and El Paso.
cajunaggie08
AG
TMC was slow to get new graphs out yesterday. They added new graphs showing COVID-19 related Med Surg occupancy rates as well as combined Covid-19 related total bed occupancy rates to go along with daily hospitalizations.

CowtownAg06
AG
They've been slow a few things. They also have a metric on ICU capacity that has been fluctuating between green (no issues) and red (less than 2 weeks of capacity) daily. I can't figure out how they are getting that one. Here's some more data that is simpler for all of SE Texas. Obviously the bulk is Houston, but I like the simplicity of this one.

https://app.powerbi.com/view?r=eyJrIjoiYjU5MzU4NjAtZWJjMC00MTllLTkwYjYtMzE4ODY1YjAyMGU2IiwidCI6ImI3MjgwODdjLTgwZTgtNGQzMS04YjZmLTdlMGUzYmUxMGUwOCIsImMiOjN9
David_Puddy
AG
Uh oh
wessimo
AG
I doubt this is an isolated incident.
David_Puddy
AG
Probably not, but crazy that they named the bar. I think someone ratted them out to the media.
aTm2004
AG
Do people thing that it will just go away?
wessimo
AG
If we stopped testing, cases would go down to zero.
Keegan99
AG
Not H-Town, but bars are probably bad news.

https://nypost.com/2020/06/16/florida-healthcare-worker-15-friends-catch-covid-19-at-bar/

Too much close contact, moving about, and loud talking.
Teddy Perkins
AG
wessimo said:

If we stopped testing, cases would go down to zero.
r/technically the truth
aTm2004
AG
Honestly, I don't care about the number of confirmed cases given most of the people who get it have mild symptoms, if they have any at all.
First Page Last Page
Page 146 of 599

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.