Houston
Sponsored by

Tine Coronavirus thread

2,475,250 Views | 20959 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by Ciboag96
Bondag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
aTm2004 said:

Honestly, I don't care about the number of confirmed cases given most of the people who get it have mild symptoms, if they have any at all.

I see a bunch on 20-30 somethings getting it without symptoms as a good thing as long as they don't live with a 70 year old.
aTm2004
AG
Same, and most probably don't. My dad is 65 and is out living life as normal. His mindset is he could live with the same risks he's lived with this whole life and possibly die, or sit inside and die.
Post removed:
by user
Diggity
AG
We had my son's First Communion this past weekend. I would estimate that 75%+ of the crowd were folks over 70.

It's odd to me that healthy young people seem to be hiding at home to "stop the spread", while those most at risk are out living their lives.
Ducks4brkfast
AG
Diggity said:

We had my son's First Communion this past weekend. I would estimate that 75%+ of the crowd were folks over 70.

It's odd to me that healthy young people seem to be hiding at home to "stop the spread", while those most at risk are out living their lives.
Google "the greatest generation vs millennials "
jetch17
AG
I'm poolside at the San Luis - there are def a fair share of heehaws not giving a single F sitting butts to nuts at the Swim up bar - kind of surprising to see (but not really) that Tillman doesn't really have much spaced out

Galveston seems jumpin, even mid week.

Guess I better go see how many Tiki wheats I can get down today before I die from 'rona
MAS444
AG
I bet there's tons of social distancing at the Poop Deck (among many other healthy/safe practices).
texagbeliever
Diggity said:

One group knows who they place their hope and faith in. The other watches tv.
terradactylexpress
texagbeliever said:

Diggity said:

**** right off with your holier than thou religious bs
WES2006AG
AG
texagbeliever said:

Diggity said:

Thanks for bringing some comic relief to the Coronavirus thread. Much better than the usual *****ing about masks and closings.
cajunaggie08
AG
We did it yall! We smashed the record for most cases in a single day.

RK
AG
#inthistogether
cone
AG
shut it all down
Teddy Perkins
AG
T Durden
AG
Where is the ICU utilization chart for covid only?
wessimo
AG
That positive test rate is pretty crazy.
terradactylexpress
We are definitely trending up, but 500ish cases yesterday were from a prison in brazoria county
Bondag
AG
terradactylexpress said:

We are definitely trending up, but 500ish cases yesterday were from a prison in brazoria county
Don't they know!!! #STAYHOMESTAYSAFE
Ag_07
AG
Didn't Abbott say yesterday that one day's increase was due to a one county making a typo in which 92 was entered as 292 or something like that?

It was a magnitude of a couple hundred.

It's astonishing that something like that can happen.
HtownAg92
AG
And there was a 800+ one-day in Anderson County due to 4 prisons reporting.

Take away Anderson and Brazoria and it was still a spike.
Seersucker Ag 2011
AG
Ag_07 said:

Didn't Abbott say yesterday that one day's increase was due to a one county making a typo in which 92 was entered as 292 or something like that?

It was a magnitude of a couple hundred.

It's astonishing that something like that can happen.
They put 92 but it was actually 2.
Fitch
AG
A better way to look at it is to reference the 9 counties in the Houston area on the KHOU tracker. You can filter out the other surrounding counties and get a day's preview before the state and TMC publishes. They kicked out the prison counts from yesterday's numbers.

cone
AG
still wish we could get demographic info on hospitalized patients like they had in NYC back in April
CowtownAg06
AG
Here's all of SE Texas ICU usage.

wessimo
AG
Testing sites getting overwhelmed.

terradactylexpress
As mentioned here before the ER site close to me on TC/18th has had a super long line all week but it seems like test numbers have been dropping. Curious to see what is causing that
Ezra Brooks
AG
terradactylexpress said:

As mentioned here before the ER site close to me on TC/18th has had a super long line all week but it seems like test numbers have been dropping. Curious to see what is causing that
Protestor-vid20
Fitch
AG
Ezra Brooks said:

terradactylexpress said:

Protestor-vid20
Yeah, probably about time those start kicking in.
Ag_07
AG
The spike in test demand may also have to do with places opening back up and requiring employees to get a test in order to return to work.
Keegan99
AG
Free testing sites will get overwhelmed if businesses give testing mandates to their employees. Especially if said employees are lower income.
CowtownAg06
AG
This a few day old but I still don't understand why we're seeing half the tests done as we were a week ago.

wessimo
AG
With lots of people getting tested because just because their employer is making them, that 10% positive rate is all the more surprising.
Keegan99
AG
Depends. If businesses are mandating test after exposure, you will see a lot of asymptomatics or paucisymptomatics.

Happened at A&M.

https://www.kbtx.com/2020/06/16/55-construction-workers-on-texas-am-campus-test-positive-for-covid-19/

55 positives out of 153 tests. Only 6 had symptoms.
lancevance
Still not seeing the big deal. 99.9% survivability rate, at best flu like symptoms for a week and most times you dont even know you have it.
Milwaukees Best Light
AG
lancevance said:

Still not seeing the big deal. 99.9% survivability rate, at best flu like symptoms for a week and most times you dont even know you have it.
Tell that to Thirdcoast. He came out of the CoCo closet yesterday and hasn't posted today, so that means he is probably dead, or at least on a ventilator.
First Page Last Page
Page 147 of 599

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.