Houston
Sponsored by

Tine Coronavirus thread

2,475,232 Views | 20959 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by Ciboag96
drumboy
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Bondag said:

jamaggie06 said:

jayelbee said:

I'm honestly surprised at how many people are totally hard up to go back to ****ty commutes, dining in at Whataburger, and going to the mall just because someone at the county says they shouldn't.

Some of us actually enjoy living...
Are you black and 50 pounds overweight? Of the 4 people I know that have shown any symptoms 100% were black and at least 50 - 100 pounds overweight.
A friend of mine that's in great shape got it, showed symptoms, and recovered. Said it wasn't fun but didn't have to go to the hospital or anything.

I don't know anyone else that tested positive so my sample is 100% healthy crackers showing symptoms.
[url=https://ts.la/erik936611]https://ts.la/erik936611[/url]
Use my referral link to buy a Tesla and get awards like 3 months of Full Self-Driving Capability.

Schedule a Tesla Demo Drive using my referral link.
TarponChaser
drumboy said:

Bondag said:

jamaggie06 said:

jayelbee said:

I'm honestly surprised at how many people are totally hard up to go back to ****ty commutes, dining in at Whataburger, and going to the mall just because someone at the county says they shouldn't.

Some of us actually enjoy living...
Are you black and 50 pounds overweight? Of the 4 people I know that have shown any symptoms 100% were black and at least 50 - 100 pounds overweight.
A friend of mine that's in great shape got it, showed symptoms, and recovered. Said it wasn't fun but didn't have to go to the hospital or anything.

I don't know anyone else that tested positive so my sample is 100% healthy crackers showing symptoms.
Nobody is saying that otherwise healthy people don't get it and sometimes suffer symptoms but the facts are that if you're under about 65 and healthy (ie- not obese, diabetic, heart condition, pulmonary issues, or otherwise immune compromised) then your risk of a serious case or dying is virtually nil.
BohunkAg
AG
Wife's facility has a contract to do testing on a bunch of the National Guard troops that were out for the protests in Texas last week. She said to expect a spike. But that they are seeing less severe cases this goaround. Yes, this is anecdotal evidence at best, so take it for what it's worth.
Houston Lee
AG
Bregxit
AG
Does "In Hospital" equate to "In ICU"?
aTm2004
AG
No
Bregxit
AG
That's my point. TBL is usually above posting drive-by nonsense so I am wondering what his point with that was. I suspect we won't find out though.
CowtownAg06
AG
Also, TMC says there are 1500 ICU beds open. and I think only about 150 being used by Covid (out of 1100 in use).

https://www.tmc.edu/coronavirus-updates/total-icu-bed-occupancy/
Fitch
AG
This one was a little more of a head scratcher.
terradactylexpress
That's a big difference from the chart yesterday
Post removed:
by user
Fitch
AG
I've said this on another thread, but elective procedure patients are tested a maximum of 48 hours before coming in to the hospital for their procedure and if they pop positive the appointment is canceled, they're not admitted and have to test negative on two consecutive tests before they're rescheduled.

Source: my family experience earlier this week and an ICU nurse at Houston Methodist that I'm currently sitting across the table from at Drift in the Heights
Post removed:
by user
Fitch
AG
Okie dokie
Ciboag96
At this point I couldn't give two more ****s about Covid even if you expressed mailed them to me with a $50 spot and asked me to sling them out like Mardi Gras beads.
Houston Lee
AG
Bregxit said:

That's my point. TBL is usually above posting drive-by nonsense so I am wondering what his point with that was. I suspect we won't find out though.
Huh?

Houston Lee
AG
Bregxit said:

No. And the point of the info I posted was that we are OK and do not need a 2nd shutdown. Judge Hidalgo is just itching to shut it all down again.
Bregxit
AG
TurkeyBaconLeg said:

Bregxit said:

No. And the point of the info I posted was that we are OK and do not need a 2nd shutdown. Judge Hidalgo is just itching to shut it all down again.

Got it! I couldn't tell if you were being sarcastic and trying to say the number in the hospital being higher than the ICU bed count meant something or what.
Betoisafurry
Quincey P. Morris
AG
TurkeyBaconLeg said:

Bregxit said:

Luckily Abbott took that authority away from her.
Fitch
AG

Not really sure why testing is down. Couple of anecdotes yesterday from folks here saying lines at testing centers inside the loop or at Delmar stadium were atypically long on Friday, or ran of tests early in the day due to demand.
Alex Bregman
AG
My wife said the emergency center at 18th/TC Jester was overflowing down 18th to the Walgreens. Seems like a pretty crazy outburst; somethings happened 2 weeks ago.
TX04Aggie
AG
The ER at 18th and TC J has rapid covid tests, the 15 minute ones. They had a big banner up a few days ago for it.
terradactylexpress
It's had a long ass lone all week, the previous week or two it had had no lines, not sure why the change
SockDePot
Up until this week, I had been either lucky or ignorant to having no cases around me.

We had a guy get sick on a project, test positive, and not report it for a week.

We decided to get everyone onsite tested.

About 20% of the project came up hot on the antibody or antigen test. We then sent those positive on the antigen test to get PCR test. 40% of those people came up positive. Of those people only 1 had any sort of symptoms, and they were mild and never included a fever, he thought it was just allergies.

This happened across multiple projects across the area in our company this week, I assume it is everywhere else too.

Just an FYI, it's still spreading out there, not sure how you control it with how people can have little to no symptoms.

Stay diligent with whatever you feel like keeps you safe.
cone
AG
that's wild
CowtownAg06
AG
Was curious what Sly was saying... here's a tweet from yesterday on the 4 deaths Houston reported.

How are we getting deaths that are 2 months old? That kind of garbage data is useless in decision making today. I tried to find more days where he gave this detail but could not.
CowtownAg06
AG
BTW, I'm glad he's sharing this, just more confused at how we are looking at data.
terradactylexpress
Pretty sure on the site they are backdating both infections and deaths so when you look at the chart you will see the actual trend line
gougler08
AG
CowtownAg06 said:

Was curious what Sly was saying... here's a tweet from yesterday on the 4 deaths Houston reported.

How are we getting deaths that are 2 months old? That kind of garbage data is useless in decision making today. I tried to find more days where he gave this detail but could not.

I'm confused how it takes 2 months to figure out someone passed and get the information
gcracker13
AG
gougler08 said:

CowtownAg06 said:

I'm confused how it takes 2 months to figure out someone passed and get the information
#bureaucracy
CowtownAg06
AG
terradactylexpress said:

Pretty sure on the site they are backdating both infections and deaths so when you look at the chart you will see the actual trend line

That's good but if the headline is 4 new deaths that's what people are going to make decisions off of. More troubling is the current state of the situation could unknown so how do you make policy decisions?
Sazerac
AG
Any rapid testing facilities available in Houston?
Our reserved for hospitals?
FHKChE07
AG
TX04Aggie said:

The ER at 18th and TC J has rapid covid tests, the 15 minute ones. They had a big banner up a few days ago for it.
Literally 9 posts above yours.
Sazerac
AG
Literally, thank you
First Page Last Page
Page 145 of 599

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.