Houston
Sponsored by

Tine Coronavirus thread

2,500,203 Views | 20959 Replies | Last: 2 mo ago by Ciboag96
aTm2004
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
So, where do you buy sunglasses? Order them online and hope you like what you bought? Go to Target? Just curious? Not many places sell several brands of sunglasses so you can try them on and find what you like. But hey, you're cool and think you know more than others.
sts7049
AG
HtownAg92 said:

aTm2004 said:

HtownAg92 said:

This is a prime example of a company going above and beyond what is necessary and expected, but it still is not enough for the Karens of the world.
Looks like you and your buddies have been still meating up for your weekly sword fights.

How about you read things before jerking your e-buddies off? No complaining, just not seeing the reasoning for it at first.
Are we sure that the CFA Karen derail wasn't some elaborate troll attempt? It distracted us from this:

Quote:

Our anniversary is this week, and since we've both wanted a new pair of sunglasses, we decided to go to the mall and grab a pair (also to get the kids out of the house). Walk into the Sunglass Hut and are the only customers there. The employee tells us no more than 2 customers allowed in the store at a time. I ask if that included families, and he said it did. So, it's apparently safer for one adult to wait outside with 3 young kids (1 in a stroller) where tons of people are walking by than it is to let us stay in the store and spend money. So we left. The local Academy sales the 2 brands I wanted to look at, so we'll try there tomorrow.
1. Going to the Mall
2. To go the Sunglass Hut

I seriously did not think anyone still did that ever, much less during a pandemic.

Then again, I'll probably be heading to the mall later to go to Radio Shack for new batteries for my Walkman, Gadzooks for a new Corona Beach Club tank top, and maybe Chess King for some jeans.
you forgot hot topic
HtownAg92
AG
Yes, online. Of course, I'm not interested in the latest Gucci or Louis Vuitton bedazzled bling shades that need to be tried on. I've worn Ray-Bans since I bought my first pair at a Sunglass Hut at the Mall....in 1986.... so I can easily order them online.
jetch17
AG
Pick me up some hand stickers at Journeys to put on my trapper keeper
jetch17
AG
And also a sweet ass Yaga or Stussy shirt at Shannon's Surf Shop
TarponChaser
HtownWilly12 said:

RealTalk said:

I find it funny how some of you post about how y'all went somewhere and wasn't wearing a mask as if it was some sort of badge of honor.

Do whatever the hell you want. This ain't a playground where you brag to your little buddy about something cool you just did on the merry-go-round.

Fcking kids nowadays.
Buuut they do think it's a badge of honor. They scream about it being about freedom because they can't seem to comprehend empathy for the rest of society and the risk they impose on others. The US is right at 90,000 deaths currently in only a few months. Texas just had its largest single day spike in cases this weekend and they can't seem to understand that wearing a mask and distancing will help slow the growth but also keep the economy reopening.

If they are so brave to not wear a mask and say its their freedom of choice, then don't go to the hospital for treatment when you contract it.

Edit: when these badge wearers lose a loved one and come to the realization that they directly may be responsible for their contraction/death, they won't be bragging about their reckless ways anymore.

See y'all m'fers put up the "Karen Signal" and the Boss Karen showed up.

Sit the eff down bus-driver.
aTm2004
AG
HtownWilly12 said:

RealTalk said:

I find it funny how some of you post about how y'all went somewhere and wasn't wearing a mask as if it was some sort of badge of honor.

Do whatever the hell you want. This ain't a playground where you brag to your little buddy about something cool you just did on the merry-go-round.

Fcking kids nowadays.
Buuut they do think it's a badge of honor. They scream about it being about freedom because they can't seem to comprehend empathy for the rest of society and the risk they impose on others. The US is right at 90,000 deaths currently in only a few months. Texas just had its largest single day spike in cases this weekend and they can't seem to understand that wearing a mask and distancing will help slow the growth but also keep the economy reopening.

If they are so brave to not wear a mask and say its their freedom of choice, then don't go to the hospital for treatment when you contract it.

Edit: when these badge wearers lose a loved one and come to the realization that they directly may be responsible for their contraction/death, they won't be bragging about their reckless ways anymore.
You're buying into that? Here's a bit of truth that kills your narrative (pun intended)...it was expected with increased testing. I think the media was reporting 1800 cases in 1 day. If that was with 2500 tests, yeah, you'd have a point, but if it's with 100k tests, who gives a chit? Do you know what else? Hospitalizations are not increasing, which means it's what some thought this was at the start...a over hyped media driven narrative.

Also, almost real time info:
https://covidtracking.com/data/state/texas
aTm2004
AG
HtownAg92 said:

Yes, online. Of course, I'm not interested in the latest Gucci or Louis Vuitton bedazzled bling shades that need to be tried on. I've worn Ray-Bans since I bought my first pair at a Sunglass Hut at the Mall....in 1986.... so I can easily order them online.
Ahh, you're the kind of person who never changes...pretty obvious. I bet when you're ready to buy a new vehicle, you buy the same make, model, and color as the one you currently have, which happens to match the vehicle you had before that one and before that one and before that one... No need to test drive it, right? Or look at other brands. You know what you like. Just get online, negotiate a price, and go pick it up, because by God, you're a Chevy man!
TXTransplant
And a lava lamp and a ouija board at Spencer's Gifts.
Diggity
AG
Don't forget your Big Johnson shirt on the way out.
Post removed:
by user
Premium
AG
aTm2004 said:

So, where do you buy sunglasses? Order them online and hope you like what you bought? Go to Target? Just curious? Not many places sell several brands of sunglasses so you can try them on and find what you like. But hey, you're cool and think you know more than others.
Tyler's, Cabela's, is Bass Pro's still around? All of those are great - I lean Cabela's and Bass Pro first for the biggest selection. Tommy Bahama's has a large selection of Maui Jims.
HtownWilly12
TarponChaser said:

HtownWilly12 said:

RealTalk said:

Fcking kids nowadays.

I'm all for reopening the economy but people should their part to distance and wear a mask so we don't flood the hospital system. No one is trying to take your freedoms from you bubba, just want all of our families and loved ones to stay safe and ALIVE. But you go on and don't wear your mask and call people Karens. Good luck sleeping at night wondering if it was worth going maskless to buy your new pair of Crocs only to contract and pass on the virus to elderly family member. They will understand though. I understand we can contract it inadvertently and pass it on, but I will feel better knowing I did all I could to protect my grandma/pa
aTm2004
AG
third coast.. said:

aTm2004 said:

HtownAg92 said:

Ahh, you're the kind of person who never changes...pretty obvious. I bet when you're ready to buy a new vehicle, you buy the same make, model, and color as the one you currently have, which happens to match the vehicle you had before that one and before that one and before that one... No need to test drive it, right? Or look at other brands. You know what you like. Just get online, negotiate a price, and go pick it up, because by God, you're a Chevy man!

You cant seriously be comparing a car that regularly gets safety, engineering and technological updates to a pair if sunglasses that have none of the above, can you? I too have purchased the same pair of ray bans 4x running now. There are no model years on sunglasses. Wow. What an absolutely terrible comparison.
Would buying a 2020 Chevy not have safety, engineering, and technological updates as well when compared to the same model from 2010?
Texaggie7nine
jetch17 said:

Don't forget to peep some titter posters at Spencers
7nine
Jock 07
AG
HtownWilly12 said:

TarponChaser said:

HtownWilly12 said:

RealTalk said:

Fcking kids nowadays.

I'm all for reopening the economy but people should their part to distance and wear a mask so we don't flood the hospital system. No one is trying to take your freedoms from you bubba, just want all of our families and loved ones to stay safe and ALIVE. But you go on and don't wear your mask and call people Karens. Good luck sleeping at night wondering if it was worth going maskless to buy your new pair of Crocs only to contract and pass on the virus to elderly family member. They will understand though. I understand we can contract it inadvertently and pass it on, but I will feel better knowing I did all I could to protect my grandma/pa

Ok Karen
HtownAg92
AG
jetch17 said:

Pat Magee's or GTFO!
aTm2004
AG
Premium said:

aTm2004 said:

Tyler's, Cabela's, is Bass Pro's still around? All of those are great - I lean Cabela's and Bass Pro first for the biggest selection. Tommy Bahama's has a large selection of Maui Jims.
Closest Cabela's and Bass Pro to me are in Pearland or Katy. I'm on the NE side. Didn't know about Tommy Bahama. May try there next time we're in the area.
HtownWilly12
Jock 07 said:

HtownWilly12 said:

TarponChaser said:

HtownWilly12 said:

RealTalk said:

Fcking kids nowadays.

Ok Karen
Let me know when nana or papa passes and I'll set you up with a connection in the funeral biz. He can get you a good deal on that urn you'll need.
Premium
AG
If you're going to Tommy Bahama's at Market Street you might as well go in Tyler's by the mall. However, just went into Tyler's a few days ago and the Maui selection has not been replenished anytime recently, it appears.
aTm2004
AG
HtownWilly12 said:

Jock 07 said:

HtownWilly12 said:

TarponChaser said:

HtownWilly12 said:

RealTalk said:

Fcking kids nowadays.

Ok Karen
Let me know when nana or papa passes and I'll set you up with a connection in the funeral biz. He can get you a good deal on that urn you'll need.
Sorry your virus lost.
aTm2004
AG
Haven't heard of Tyler's, so I'll check them out next time I'm over in that area. Appreciate the info.
TarponChaser
HtownWilly12 said:

Jock 07 said:

HtownWilly12 said:

TarponChaser said:

HtownWilly12 said:

RealTalk said:

Fcking kids nowadays.

Ok Karen

Well, my "nanas" and "papas" are already gone. With all but one of them making it well past 90 and one to 102 they lived good, long lives.

My parents are in their 70's and in good shape. My mother is a bit of a Karen by my dad keeps her in line. He's been out and about all over the place with no mask either. We've seen them regularly since this started. They've both been doing their volunteer stuff at the shelter near downtown where they pass out meals to homeless and dad has been going around doing repairs for elderly parishoners in their church.

He's also an Ivy League PhD who spent his adult life in biology & microbiology and, like me, can review the data to see that this has been a massive overreaction, masks (aside from properly fitted, medical-grade PPE) are nothing more than a placebo (which ironically feed the fear), and society needs to get back to normal ASAP.

My MiL was almost a recluse before this anyway and I wouldn't piss on my FiL if he were on fire. We're planting that guy in Potter's Field.

Even the most at-risk nanas and papas I know are over this **** and see it as a massive overreaction.

The lack of ability of people like yourself to dispassionately review the data (not the BS talking points in the media and from elected officials) and assess the risk for yourself is ridiculous.
HtownAg92
AG
aTm2004 said:

HtownAg92 said:

There is a reason why Ray-Ban has been making the same Wayfarer models since the 1950's (and why they are still probably the best selling sunglasses on the market today) -- because they are f'ing classic and timeless. Just like the standard Polo oxford button-down (wearing since 7th grade) and Sperry topsiders (ditto).

And yes, your comparison to vehicle purchases was pretty dumb. Brand loyalty probably is most prevalent in vehicles than any other product. But to counter your label of me someone who never changes, in my lifetime I've owned a Pontiac, a Nissan, a Mazda, a Toyota and a Lexus, and now my second Ford, which was my first ever repeat purchase, necessitated by Harvey. And yes I did get the same make, model (F150) and color (maroon, duh) because I liked the truck before it flooded. No need to test drive another truck because I don't like them. Just like I don't need to see the latest sunglasses some DB or celebrity is wearing because I think they look ridiculous.

No offense.
aTm2004
AG
HtownAg92 said:

aTm2004 said:

HtownAg92 said:

There is a reason why Ray-Ban has been making the same Wayfarer models since the 1950's (and why they are still probably the best selling sunglasses on the market today) -- because they are f'ing classic and timeless. Just like the standard Polo oxford button-down (wearing since 7th grade) and Sperry topsiders (ditto).
Do you know what else is classic? The TexAgs "my way is the best and if you do it another way, you're wrong" attitude of many on here. The way I shop for sunglasses is apparently wrong to you. Not wanting to wear the same brand over and over and over is wrong to you. Hell, I bet smoking a brisket fat side up is wrong to you?

**** man, I have 5 brands of watches sitting in my safe, but none are as good as the iPhone/Android you carry in your pocket, right?

Quote:

And yes, your comparison to vehicle purchases was pretty dumb. Brand loyalty probably is most prevalent in vehicles than any other product. But to counter your label of me someone who never changes, in my lifetime I've owned a Pontiac, a Nissan, a Mazda, a Toyota and a Lexus, and now my second Ford, which was my first ever repeat purchase, necessitated by Harvey. And yes I did get the same make, model (F150) and color (maroon, duh) because I liked the truck before it flooded. No need to test drive another truck because I don't like them. Just like I don't need to see the latest sunglasses some DB or celebrity is wearing because I think they look ridiculous.

No offense.
Again, you missed the point, which you made obvious by the bold. Brand loyalty is in majority of things, but doesn't mean there aren't other brands out there that can be tried nor does it mean you have to remain loyal to one brand. If you want to look at different brands, why not go somewhere that has several?
T Durden
AG
HtownWilly12 said:

TarponChaser said:

HtownWilly12 said:

RealTalk said:

Fcking kids nowadays.

I can't keep up. I thought the masks were worn to protect others from getting what you may have? Then again I've tried to tune out the news. Now I'm trying to also tune out this atm guy too.
HtownAg92
AG
aTm2004 said:

HtownAg92 said:

aTm2004 said:

HtownAg92 said:

Do you know what else is classic? The TexAgs "my way is the best and if you do it another way, you're wrong" attitude of many on here. The way I shop for sunglasses is apparently wrong to you. Not wanting to wear the same brand over and over and over is wrong to you. Hell, I bet smoking a brisket fat side up is wrong to you?

**** man, I have 5 brands of watches sitting in my safe, but none are as good as the iPhone/Android you carry in your pocket, right?

Quote:

No offense.
Again, you missed the point, which you made obvious by the bold. Brand loyalty is in majority of things, but doesn't mean there aren't other brands out there that can be tried nor does it mean you have to remain loyal to one brand. If you want to look at different brands, why not go somewhere that has several?
So which ones did you choose?

Oh, I forgot. You didn't like their policy so you walked out.
Texan_Aggie
AG
aTm2004 said:

HtownAg92 said:

aTm2004 said:

HtownAg92 said:

Quote:

No offense.
So, what kind of sunglasses are you Karen's wearing nowadays?
Texaggie7nine
7nine
ChipFTAC01
AG
I totally forgot about those. Oakley must have just been trying to see what they could get morons to buy as some sort of internal joke.
HtownAg92
AG
Texan_Aggie said:

aTm2004 said:

HtownAg92 said:

aTm2004 said:

HtownAg92 said:

Quote:

No offense.
aTm2004
AG
HtownAg92 said:

aTm2004 said:

HtownAg92 said:

aTm2004 said:

HtownAg92 said:

Quote:

No offense.
So which ones did you choose?

Oh, I forgot. You didn't like their policy so you walked out.
You're right, I walked out. Having my wife stand outside the store in the mall with 3 kids with people walking all around them wasn't something I wanted to do (now or ever), nor did I want to stand out there while she looked. That's the awesome thing about being able to make choices.

Which Wafarer look are you going for?

aTm2004
AG
WTF are those? Costume extras from Max Max or Waterworld?
aTm2004
AG
Texan_Aggie said:

aTm2004 said:

HtownAg92 said:

aTm2004 said:

HtownAg92 said:

Quote:

No offense.
Wayfarers, apparently.
Texan_Aggie
AG
Just checked and it looks like Sunglass Hut offers free 2-day shipping and free returns. Seems even they know that nobody goes to their stores anymore.
First Page Last Page
Page 132 of 599

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.