Houston
Sponsored by

Tine Coronavirus thread

2,496,838 Views | 20959 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by Ciboag96
Texaggie7nine
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Hopefully this doesn't catch on in bars here. Though it could be kind of fun when things get heated.

7nine
aTm2004
AG
Awesome. So I can buy something, wait, and if I don't like them, send them back, order some more, wait some more, and hope I like the 2nd pair? That's much better than going to the store and trying some on, finding some I like, then leaving with them and not having to wait and possibly mess with a returns process.
Ag_N_Houston
AG
Bumper tables + alcohol. What could go wrong?
aTm2004
AG
That would actually be kind of cool if there was a spot like Seacrets in Ocean City, MD.

IrishTxAggie
AG
Ocean City is a ****hole
aTm2004
AG
Never claimed it was better than our chithole on the Gulf, but the concept of the restaurant/bar is nice.
Texan_Aggie
AG
aTm2004 said:

Awesome. So I can buy something, wait, and if I don't like them, send them back, order some more, wait some more, and hope I like the 2nd pair? That's much better than going to the store and trying some on, finding some I like, then leaving with them and not having to wait and possibly mess with a returns process.
There's a third option where you can go to the store, the store won't let your family of 5 in, you leave with no sunglasses, and you go home and complain to the internet about it.
Texaggie7nine
What is your professional take on Crab Island Sandbar?
7nine
IrishTxAggie
AG
Texaggie7nine said:

What is your professional take on Crab Island Sandbar?
Never been. I just used to have to attend a conference in Ocean City every year and it is just a dump that all the DELMARVA poors go to.
98Ag99Grad
AG
Diggity said:

Don't forget your Big Johnson shirt on the way out.
Guilty. Had 2 or 3 of those back in the day.
cajunaggie08
AG
aTm2004 said:

HtownAg92 said:

aTm2004 said:

HtownAg92 said:

aTm2004 said:

HtownAg92 said:

Yes, online. Of course, I'm not interested in the latest Gucci or Louis Vuitton bedazzled bling shades that need to be tried on. I've worn Ray-Bans since I bought my first pair at a Sunglass Hut at the Mall....in 1986.... so I can easily order them online.
Ahh, you're the kind of person who never changes...pretty obvious. I bet when you're ready to buy a new vehicle, you buy the same make, model, and color as the one you currently have, which happens to match the vehicle you had before that one and before that one and before that one... No need to test drive it, right? Or look at other brands. You know what you like. Just get online, negotiate a price, and go pick it up, because by God, you're a Chevy man!
There is a reason why Ray-Ban has been making the same Wayfarer models since the 1950's (and why they are still probably the best selling sunglasses on the market today) -- because they are f'ing classic and timeless. Just like the standard Polo oxford button-down (wearing since 7th grade) and Sperry topsiders (ditto).
Do you know what else is classic? The TexAgs "my way is the best and if you do it another way, you're wrong" attitude of many on here. The way I shop for sunglasses is apparently wrong to you. Not wanting to wear the same brand over and over and over is wrong to you. Hell, I bet smoking a brisket fat side up is wrong to you?

**** man, I have 5 brands of watches sitting in my safe, but none are as good as the iPhone/Android you carry in your pocket, right?

Quote:

And yes, your comparison to vehicle purchases was pretty dumb. Brand loyalty probably is most prevalent in vehicles than any other product. But to counter your label of me someone who never changes, in my lifetime I've owned a Pontiac, a Nissan, a Mazda, a Toyota and a Lexus, and now my second Ford, which was my first ever repeat purchase, necessitated by Harvey. And yes I did get the same make, model (F150) and color (maroon, duh) because I liked the truck before it flooded. No need to test drive another truck because I don't like them. Just like I don't need to see the latest sunglasses some DB or celebrity is wearing because I think they look ridiculous.

No offense.
Again, you missed the point, which you made obvious by the bold. Brand loyalty is in majority of things, but doesn't mean there aren't other brands out there that can be tried nor does it mean you have to remain loyal to one brand. If you want to look at different brands, why not go somewhere that has several?
So which ones did you choose?

Oh, I forgot. You didn't like their policy so you walked out.
You're right, I walked out. Having my wife stand outside the store in the mall with 3 kids with people walking all around them wasn't something I wanted to do (now or ever), nor did I want to stand out there while she looked. That's the awesome thing about being able to make choices.

Which Wafarer look are you going for?
But you're ok with them standing around Academy or any other store with people walking around them while you try them on? Just admit it, the store policy hurt your feelings and you came here in hopes we'd all pat you on the back for taking your money elsewhere while we all mock the store for having that policy in the first place.
cajunaggie08
AG
aTm2004 said:

HtownAg92 said:

aTm2004 said:

HtownAg92 said:

aTm2004 said:

HtownAg92 said:

Yes, online. Of course, I'm not interested in the latest Gucci or Louis Vuitton bedazzled bling shades that need to be tried on. I've worn Ray-Bans since I bought my first pair at a Sunglass Hut at the Mall....in 1986.... so I can easily order them online.
Ahh, you're the kind of person who never changes...pretty obvious. I bet when you're ready to buy a new vehicle, you buy the same make, model, and color as the one you currently have, which happens to match the vehicle you had before that one and before that one and before that one... No need to test drive it, right? Or look at other brands. You know what you like. Just get online, negotiate a price, and go pick it up, because by God, you're a Chevy man!
There is a reason why Ray-Ban has been making the same Wayfarer models since the 1950's (and why they are still probably the best selling sunglasses on the market today) -- because they are f'ing classic and timeless. Just like the standard Polo oxford button-down (wearing since 7th grade) and Sperry topsiders (ditto).
Do you know what else is classic? The TexAgs "my way is the best and if you do it another way, you're wrong" attitude of many on here. The way I shop for sunglasses is apparently wrong to you. Not wanting to wear the same brand over and over and over is wrong to you. Hell, I bet smoking a brisket fat side up is wrong to you?

**** man, I have 5 brands of watches sitting in my safe, but none are as good as the iPhone/Android you carry in your pocket, right?

Quote:

And yes, your comparison to vehicle purchases was pretty dumb. Brand loyalty probably is most prevalent in vehicles than any other product. But to counter your label of me someone who never changes, in my lifetime I've owned a Pontiac, a Nissan, a Mazda, a Toyota and a Lexus, and now my second Ford, which was my first ever repeat purchase, necessitated by Harvey. And yes I did get the same make, model (F150) and color (maroon, duh) because I liked the truck before it flooded. No need to test drive another truck because I don't like them. Just like I don't need to see the latest sunglasses some DB or celebrity is wearing because I think they look ridiculous.

No offense.
Again, you missed the point, which you made obvious by the bold. Brand loyalty is in majority of things, but doesn't mean there aren't other brands out there that can be tried nor does it mean you have to remain loyal to one brand. If you want to look at different brands, why not go somewhere that has several?

You're right, I walked out. Having my wife stand outside the store in the mall with 3 kids with people walking all around them wasn't something I wanted to do (now or ever), nor did I want to stand out there while she looked. That's the awesome thing about being able to make choices.
But you're ok with them standing around Academy or any other store with people walking around them while you try them on? Just admit it, the store policy hurt your feelings and you came here in hopes we'd all pat you on the back for taking your money elsewhere while we all mock the store for having that policy in the first place.
cajunaggie08
AG
aTm2004 said:

HtownAg92 said:

aTm2004 said:

HtownAg92 said:

aTm2004 said:

HtownAg92 said:

Quote:

No offense.

HtownWilly12
TarponChaser said:

HtownWilly12 said:

Jock 07 said:

HtownWilly12 said:

TarponChaser said:

HtownWilly12 said:

RealTalk said:

I find it funny how some of you post about how y'all went somewhere and wasn't wearing a mask as if it was some sort of badge of honor.

Do whatever the hell you want. This ain't a playground where you brag to your little buddy about something cool you just did on the merry-go-round.

Fcking kids nowadays.
Buuut they do think it's a badge of honor. They scream about it being about freedom because they can't seem to comprehend empathy for the rest of society and the risk they impose on others. The US is right at 90,000 deaths currently in only a few months. Texas just had its largest single day spike in cases this weekend and they can't seem to understand that wearing a mask and distancing will help slow the growth but also keep the economy reopening.

If they are so brave to not wear a mask and say its their freedom of choice, then don't go to the hospital for treatment when you contract it.

Edit: when these badge wearers lose a loved one and come to the realization that they directly may be responsible for their contraction/death, they won't be bragging about their reckless ways anymore.

See y'all m'fers put up the "Karen Signal" and the Boss Karen showed up.

Sit the eff down bus-driver.
I'm all for reopening the economy but people should their part to distance and wear a mask so we don't flood the hospital system. No one is trying to take your freedoms from you bubba, just want all of our families and loved ones to stay safe and ALIVE. But you go on and don't wear your mask and call people Karens. Good luck sleeping at night wondering if it was worth going maskless to buy your new pair of Crocs only to contract and pass on the virus to elderly family member. They will understand though. I understand we can contract it inadvertently and pass it on, but I will feel better knowing I did all I could to protect my grandma/pa

Ok Karen
Let me know when nana or papa passes and I'll set you up with a connection in the funeral biz. He can get you a good deal on that urn you'll need.

Well, my "nanas" and "papas" are already gone. With all but one of them making it well past 90 and one to 102 they lived good, long lives.

My parents are in their 70's and in good shape. My mother is a bit of a Karen by my dad keeps her in line. He's been out and about all over the place with no mask either. We've seen them regularly since this started. They've both been doing their volunteer stuff at the shelter near downtown where they pass out meals to homeless and dad has been going around doing repairs for elderly parishoners in their church.

He's also an Ivy League PhD who spent his adult life in biology & microbiology and, like me, can review the data to see that this has been a massive overreaction, masks (aside from properly fitted, medical-grade PPE) are nothing more than a placebo (which ironically feed the fear), and society needs to get back to normal ASAP.

My MiL was almost a recluse before this anyway and I wouldn't piss on my FiL if he were on fire. We're planting that guy in Potter's Field.

Even the most at-risk nanas and papas I know are over this **** and see it as a massive overreaction.

The lack of ability of people like yourself to dispassionately review the data (not the BS talking points in the media and from elected officials) and assess the risk for yourself is ridiculous.
Logically you have to see that masks aren't simply a placebo. It is a respiratory virus. Wearing a mask (correctly albeit) will inherently decrease the amount of particles or spray you put out and take in. Are they perfect, no, but are they a mitigating and helpful step to take, yes. I have reviewed plenty of the data and the studies that come out of each country claiming to have learned something new about the virus but at the end of the day this virus really hasn't hit very close to home. Harris county has a pretty small number of total cases compared to other areas of the country. We resume as if nothing had happened and don't take the basic steps to try to prevent the spread and the cases and deaths will grow exponentially. It's human nature to not view that in as serious of a light until its on our doorstep. Your lack of ability have any foresight is ridiculous and dangerous to those you come in contact with.
aTm2004
AG
Texan_Aggie said:

aTm2004 said:

There's a third option where you can go to the store, the store won't let your family of 5 in, you leave with no sunglasses, and you go home and complain to the internet about it.
Never complained, just thought it was a dumb rule, and one that potentially cost them money in a time they've been forced to close locations with fixed real estate costs. What if it was just me and my 2 oldest? "Sorry, I know you're 7, but you're the oldest, so go wait outside."
HtownAg92
AG
aTm2004 said:

I guess you are right, there is no manager to speak to if you do it online.

I rock New Wayfarer 2132, which is a slight variation on the 80's movie tilted.
aTm2004
AG
cajunaggie08 said:

aTm2004 said:

HtownAg92 said:

aTm2004 said:

HtownAg92 said:

aTm2004 said:

HtownAg92 said:

Quote:

No offense.

A small section of a large store does not have the foot traffic of a walkway in a mall. You know this, whether you'll admit it to yourself or not.

I really don't give a chit what you think about what I posted. I posted it because some of the things I saw while being out made zero sense. But go on and pat yourself on the back for being the smarter person or something, I really don't care.
aTm2004
AG
HtownAg92 said:

aTm2004 said:

I guess you are right, there is no manager to speak to if you do it online.

I rock New Wayfarer 2132, which is a slight variation on the 80's movie tilted.
Yeah, that's it. I love to talk to the manager rather than taking it like a little beetch and walking out like you'd do. It gets me almost as excited as you get telling someone how they do something is the wrong way.
aTm2004
AG
HtownWilly12 said:

TarponChaser said:

HtownWilly12 said:

Jock 07 said:

HtownWilly12 said:

TarponChaser said:

HtownWilly12 said:

RealTalk said:

I find it funny how some of you post about how y'all went somewhere and wasn't wearing a mask as if it was some sort of badge of honor.

Do whatever the hell you want. This ain't a playground where you brag to your little buddy about something cool you just did on the merry-go-round.

Fcking kids nowadays.
Buuut they do think it's a badge of honor. They scream about it being about freedom because they can't seem to comprehend empathy for the rest of society and the risk they impose on others. The US is right at 90,000 deaths currently in only a few months. Texas just had its largest single day spike in cases this weekend and they can't seem to understand that wearing a mask and distancing will help slow the growth but also keep the economy reopening.

If they are so brave to not wear a mask and say its their freedom of choice, then don't go to the hospital for treatment when you contract it.

Edit: when these badge wearers lose a loved one and come to the realization that they directly may be responsible for their contraction/death, they won't be bragging about their reckless ways anymore.

I'm all for reopening the economy but people should their part to distance and wear a mask so we don't flood the hospital system. No one is trying to take your freedoms from you bubba, just want all of our families and loved ones to stay safe and ALIVE. But you go on and don't wear your mask and call people Karens. Good luck sleeping at night wondering if it was worth going maskless to buy your new pair of Crocs only to contract and pass on the virus to elderly family member. They will understand though. I understand we can contract it inadvertently and pass it on, but I will feel better knowing I did all I could to protect my grandma/pa

Ok Karen
Let me know when nana or papa passes and I'll set you up with a connection in the funeral biz. He can get you a good deal on that urn you'll need.

Well, my "nanas" and "papas" are already gone. With all but one of them making it well past 90 and one to 102 they lived good, long lives.

My parents are in their 70's and in good shape. My mother is a bit of a Karen by my dad keeps her in line. He's been out and about all over the place with no mask either. We've seen them regularly since this started. They've both been doing their volunteer stuff at the shelter near downtown where they pass out meals to homeless and dad has been going around doing repairs for elderly parishoners in their church.

He's also an Ivy League PhD who spent his adult life in biology & microbiology and, like me, can review the data to see that this has been a massive overreaction, masks (aside from properly fitted, medical-grade PPE) are nothing more than a placebo (which ironically feed the fear), and society needs to get back to normal ASAP.

My MiL was almost a recluse before this anyway and I wouldn't piss on my FiL if he were on fire. We're planting that guy in Potter's Field.

Even the most at-risk nanas and papas I know are over this **** and see it as a massive overreaction.

The lack of ability of people like yourself to dispassionately review the data (not the BS talking points in the media and from elected officials) and assess the risk for yourself is ridiculous.
Logically you have to see that masks aren't simply a placebo. It is a respiratory virus. Wearing a mask (correctly albeit) will inherently decrease the amount of particles or spray you put out and take in. Are they perfect, no, but are they a mitigating and helpful step to take, yes. I have reviewed plenty of the data and the studies that come out of each country claiming to have learned something new about the virus but at the end of the day this virus really hasn't hit very close to home. Harris county has a pretty small number of total cases compared to other areas of the country. We resume as if nothing had happened and don't take the basic steps to try to prevent the spread and the cases and deaths will grow exponentially. It's human nature to not view that in as serious of a light until its on our doorstep. Your lack of ability have any foresight is ridiculous and dangerous to those you come in contact with.
Nowhere has had the number of cases that NY has had. Remove NY and this thing isn't even a blip on the radar. I bet you thought Florida and Georgia were going to see huge spikes, didn't you? Come on, tell us the truth...what hurt you more? Hildabeast losing not seeing spikes in FL and GA?
Bondag
AG
Lets get this one back to some semblance of a rona thread. Post sunglass needs at link below.

https://texags.com/forums/38/topics/3112745/replies/56571223
WES2006AG
AG
aTm2004 said:

HtownWilly12 said:

TarponChaser said:

HtownWilly12 said:

Jock 07 said:

HtownWilly12 said:

TarponChaser said:

HtownWilly12 said:

RealTalk said:

Fcking kids nowadays.

Ok Karen

Nowhere has had the number of cases that NY has had. Remove NY and this thing isn't even a blip on the radar. I bet you thought Florida and Georgia were going to see huge spikes, didn't you? Come on, tell us the truth...what hurt you more? Hildabeast losing not seeing spikes in FL and GA?
You know you have consistently made a bunch of dumb arguments when you feel the need to bring Hillary into the Tine Coronavirus thread.
aTm2004
AG
Eh, most of the "open it up" vs. "you want people to dieeee" is among political lines.
aTm2004
AG
Abbott is about to roll out Phase 2 (no pun intended) and you'll see the coronabros on this thread and the CV thread melt, and the rest of us will go on about or lives. Soon, these dumb measures retail places have put in place to make the coronabros feel safer will start going away.
HtownWilly12
aTm2004 said:

HtownWilly12 said:

You do understand how exponential growth works right? You understand how one case can turn into several?

For instance (and evidence if you read back enough), every time you comment with your Trumpism verbiage you look like a mouth puppet for that garbage rhetoric and exponentially turn people off to your opinions here.
aTm2004
AG
HtownWilly12 said:

aTm2004 said:

HtownWilly12 said:

You do understand how exponential growth works right? You understand how one case can turn into several?

For instance (and evidence if you read back enough), every time you comment with your Trumpism verbiage you look like a mouth puppet for that garbage rhetoric and exponentially turn people off to your opinions here.
Or, I look at the numbers and see our hospitalizations aren't going up, family in healthcare were having shifts cut, and testing is up but the trend of cases is down. There's also the fact that we were told we needed to shut down to flatten the curve and to keep our healthcare system from being overrun. Well, the curve is flattened and our healthcare system wasn't close to being overrun (outside of NYC), but that's not enough. Then it was the fear of a second wave (looks like this may be the 2nd wave). Now, we need a vaccine before things can open up. The goal posts are always moving.

Turner has a lot of faults, but he's done a pretty good job during this. He hasn't tried to implement any kind of rule and punishment like Hildalgo, nor is he doing things like the governor of MI or mayor of Los Angeles.

Sorry, but the facts aren't political, ignoring them because it doesn't fit the narrative is.
IrishTxAggie
AG
https://gov.texas.gov/organization/opentexas?fbclid=IwAR16H82Twpv6zrnpuZLzT-PX4slyJA16oF22cvss8tHk0Dx4Eqx-GjplNeo
Good news! Your sex trophies can go to camp starting May 31!
HtownWilly12
aTm2004 said:

HtownWilly12 said:

Or, I look at the numbers and see our hospitalizations aren't going up, family in healthcare were having shifts cut, and testing is up but the trend of cases is down. There's also the fact that we were told we needed to shut down to flatten the curve and to keep our healthcare system from being overrun. Well, the curve is flattened and our healthcare system wasn't close to being overrun (outside of NYC), but that's not enough. Then it was the fear of a second wave (looks like this may be the 2nd wave). Now, we need a vaccine before things can open up. The goal posts are always moving.

Turner has a lot of faults, but he's done a pretty good job during this. He hasn't tried to implement any kind of rule and punishment like Hildalgo, nor is he doing things like the governor of MI or mayor of Los Angeles.

Sorry, but the facts aren't political, ignoring them because it doesn't fit the narrative is.
The conversation was about wearing / not wearing masks, try to keep up. I'm not in the cohort that believes we need a vaccine to reopen. I don't agree with Hidalgo trying to institute a punishment but you have to admit that the general public is not very intelligent nor are they highly informed so I understand why one would try to make a rule for a mask. It's for general safety of the general public. Abbott just said that wearing a mask and practicing safe distancing will help ensure and promote the reopening of the economy.
IrishTxAggie
AG
HtownWilly12 said:

aTm2004 said:

HtownWilly12 said:

The conversation was about wearing / not wearing masks, try to keep up. I'm not in the cohort that believes we need a vaccine to reopen. I don't agree with Hidalgo trying to institute a punishment but you have to admit that the general public is not very intelligent nor are they highly informed so I understand why one would try to make a rule for a mask. It's for general safety of the general public. Abbott just said that wearing a mask and practicing safe distancing will help ensure and promote the reopening of the economy.
They will NEVER be able to get away with thes draconian measures again. The economy was going to reopen with or without Abbott's comments. The villagers are restless and they can take the masks and shove them. They're optional and I don't feel like wearing one and the Karens can screw off. If a business wants me to wear one, I'll just choose not to patronize that establishment. Why in the hell is the mask conversation still ongoing? Everyone has made up their minds on them by now and you're not going to change an opinion on it.
aTm2004
AG
HtownWilly12 said:

aTm2004 said:

HtownWilly12 said:

The conversation is around COVID/Coronavirus/Wuhan Virus. Masks, much like many of the things retail establishments are doing, are nothing more than a feel good measure for the people who have brought into the hype. Go to my earlier posts in this thread where I said if it was as bad as they said, airports and public transportation would be shut down to help stop the spread, but they never were. Now, if we want to go out and try to live life again, we should wear a mask because it stops the spread, but it also is useless depending on when you ask Fauci. There's also been studies that show a ****ing bra is a better mask than most of the chit people are wearing. But hey, if it makes you feel safer, do it.
aTm2004
AG
IrishTxAggie said:

HtownWilly12 said:

aTm2004 said:

HtownWilly12 said:

They will NEVER be able to get away with thes draconian measures again. The economy was going to reopen with or without Abbott's comments. The villagers are restless and they can take the masks and shove them. They're optional and I don't feel like wearing one and the Karens can screw off. If a business wants me to wear one, I'll just choose not to patronize that establishment. Why in the hell is the mask conversation still ongoing? Everyone has made up their minds on them by now and you're not going to change an opinion on it.
Careful, buddy. If you choose to leave a place because you don't like their rules, you'll be deemed a Karen and have a poster follow you to different board bragging about the number of blue stars he's received!
Jock 07
AG
HtownWilly12 said:

Jock 07 said:

HtownWilly12 said:

TarponChaser said:

HtownWilly12 said:

RealTalk said:

Fcking kids nowadays.

Ok Karen

Why are Karens/kungflubros always so damned dramatic
aTm2004
AG
They're driven by fear instead of facts or logic.
HtownWilly12
Jock 07 said:

HtownWilly12 said:

Jock 07 said:

Ok Karen

Why are Karens/kungflubros always so damned dramatic
You realize your argument for not wearing a mask is basically because you don't want to be told to? You sound like an anti-vaxer or someone with a small man complex.

Doesn't matter that it could help and be for the greater good of the general public but "I'll be darned if someone tells me to wear a mask and save lives! I'm a real man!"
TarponChaser
HtownWilly12 said:

There's plenty of data out there showing that the wearing of cloth masks does nothing to impact transmission and are nothing more than a virtue-signalling placebo. Even wearing of ordinary surgical masks does little, particularly when worn improperly.

I have plenty of foresight on the matter based on all the data out there. The models projected millions of deaths in the USA even with shut-downs and social distancing. They've been nowhere close to correct. The data being trumpeted regarding the R0 and mortality rates has been shown to be garbage over and over again. This virus is simply nothing major unless you're elderly or have serious health issues already. There's been a lot of positive news and studies out there showing the shutdown was a major overreaction only to be shut down in the media (and I'm not talking about that garbage "Plandemic" film).

But, sure tell us how this is all about the coronabro favorite word "exponential."
IrishTxAggie
AG
It'd be for the greater good if I stopped drinking and being an ******* too. But ya know what; this is America and we have rights and freedoms. Why I don't want to wear one is none of your got damn business. If you're worried about people not wearing masks, stay at home until there's a vaccine.
First Page Last Page
Page 133 of 599

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.