Houston
Sponsored by

Tine Coronavirus thread

2,475,608 Views | 20959 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by Ciboag96
Jack Klompus
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
aTm2004 said:

Had a few stops today and had a few shake my head moments.

Stop 1 was grabbing breakfast for my wife and me. Walk in and order it to go. I'm waiting over in an area with a couple more people (no masks) when a guy walks in with a mask. He orders and walks over to where we were waiting, notices he's the only non-employee wearing a mask, and takes it off and puts it in his pocket. Another guy there notices this as well and gives me a little grin.

Kids wanted Jesus Chicken instead of what my wife and I got, I decided it was too early in the morning to argue, so I ran through the drive-thru to grab theirs. Guy in front of me pays with cash, so they hold out a basket for him to put it in. They then hand him his change in the basket. What's the point? The employee is still handling the money the other guy touched, and he's still grabbing the money the employee touched. All they did was add 1 additional variable that everyone touches.

Our anniversary is this week, and since we've both wanted a new pair of sunglasses, we decided to go to the mall and grab a pair (also to get the kids out of the house). Walk into the Sunglass Hut and are the only customers there. The employee tells us no more than 2 customers allowed in the store at a time. I ask if that included families, and he said it did. So, it's apparently safer for one adult to wait outside with 3 young kids (1 in a stroller) where tons of people are walking by than it is to let us stay in the store and spend money. So we left. The local Academy sales the 2 brands I wanted to look at, so we'll try there tomorrow.
The point of putting money in the basket at CFA is so the people bringing the food out don't touch the money. They have one person at the cash register doing all the money touching. I agree how all this is getting old, but they generally have that same thing happening all the time in the drive thru. One person cashes you out and another person hands you your food.

We ate at Rudy's last night with our 3 and 5 year old. We were the only people in the restaurant without a mask on at one point.
aTm2004
AG
I understand having one person handle cash, but what's the point of the basket? If it's one person, isn't the basket not necessary? Or is the basket used by a food person when the money person is grabbing a new roll of quarters or something?
Premium
AG
If the only thing the CFA runner touches is the basket, they are not touching the cash or anything the customer has. Only one person ever touches something that was in the customers possession.
Fitch
AG
Went out for dinner last night. Looked like the bars on White Oak were packed.
IrishTxAggie
AG
"Restaurants"
Mikeyshooter
AG
At what point will we stop analyzing everything? We're like a bunch of high school girls looking at how the waiter got too close to Susie or some dude at a damn fast food place took off his mask. Who gives a *****
Fitch
BowSowy
AG
The comments on Twitter were insane before the pandemic and will continue to be insane afterwards
aTm2004
AG
Premium said:

If the only thing the CFA runner touches is the basket, they are not touching the cash or anything the customer has. Only one person ever touches something that was in the customers possession.

Explain how this works, because it has to get into a register.
Premium
AG
aTm2004 said:

Premium said:

The person at the cash register
aTm2004
AG
Premium said:

aTm2004 said:

Premium said:

The person at the cash register

Ahh, there's a separate person working the register. I lay with a CC, so the person who hands the food to me also holds the card reader out.
BowSowy
AG
Jesus Christ, quit *****ing about the payment method at Chick Fil A, Karen
Jackal99
AG
Or just use the app, let them scan your phone, and you don't have to touch their money or their basket.
aTm2004
AG
BowSowy said:

Jesus Christ, quit *****ing about the payment method at Chick Fil A, Karen

Who is *****ing? Has she been practicing social distancing with you?
aTm2004
AG
See, I load up the app and when I actually go to use it, the balance is like $0.61.
BowSowy
AG
You get mildly inconvenienced or annoyed and you rush off to this thread to complain about it. Every time. You're the Karen of this board
gougler08
AG
aTm2004 said:

See, I load up the app and when I actually go to use it, the balance is like $0.61.

Just link your cc to it?
aTm2004
AG
BowSowy said:

You get mildly inconvenienced or annoyed and you rush off to this thread to complain about it. Every time. You're the ******* Karen of this board

Not complaining, Karen. Go give it a tug if it's been that long. I'll do you some good.
Jackal99
AG
aTm2004 said:

Me too. Then I scramble to add money to it before me turn in line arrives.
aTm2004
AG
It is, but is it automatic? Reloaded once when I noticed it in line, but rang up with $0 balance when I got to the window. The app shows what I put on there instantly. Not sure if there's a delay or what. Not a big deal.
aggietony2010
AG
Just pre-order and pay on the app. You tell them your name in the drive-thru, and that's the entirety of the transaction until you get to the food window.
gougler08
AG
aTm2004 said:

It is, but is it automatic? Reloaded once when I noticed it in line, but rang up with $0 balance when I got to the window. The app shows what I put on there instantly. Not sure if there's a delay or what. Not a big deal.

I guess I do what was explained above most often, but thought you could just link your cc on there and it would just ring up whatever amount.
Mikeyshooter
AG
aTm2004 said:

Premium said:

Who the hell cares how it works after it leaves your hands?
sts7049
AG
BowSowy said:

You get mildly inconvenienced or annoyed and you rush off to this thread to complain about it. Every time. You're the ******* Karen of this board
jamesf
AG
A large part of the procedures that businesses are developing in response to the virus is the for the perception of the consumer so that they feel comfortable with frequenting their business. Of all the stores and restaurants I have interacted with, Chic-Fil-A is the one that has shown they have put the most thought into how they are doing business to limit physical contact during the transaction. Who cares if one part of that procedure doesn't make sense in your mind? It is the procedure they have developed, and from all accounts it is working for them.
aTm2004
AG
You're right, it's for the perception. I've seen some stuff places are doing and it makes sense, but I saw them using a basket and really didn't see the point. But if they're handing it to another person to touch the money, then I can see how it makes sense. No arguing, moaning, or anything. I was just curious.
HtownAg92
AG
This is a prime example of a company going above and beyond what is necessary and expected, but it still is not enough for the Karens of the world.
aTm2004
AG
HtownAg92 said:

This is a prime example of a company going above and beyond what is necessary and expected, but it still is not enough for the Karens of the world.
Looks like you and your buddies have been still meating up for your weekly sword fights.

How about you read things before jerking your e-buddies off? No complaining, just not seeing the reasoning for it at first.
chimpanzee
HtownAg92 said:

Indeed. Corona is a bit of a perfect test case for them, but the Facebook mommies have been trying to one-up each other on who can spot the next risk or spend the next thousand bucks to make their child smarter/safer/more credentialed for years now.

It's virtue signaling currency, gets them attention from like minded (paranoid) people and makes them feel like they're doing something while not changing their behavior at all.
Premium
AG
aTm2004 said:

HtownAg92 said:

Looks like you and your buddies have been still meating up for your weekly sword fights.

How about you read things before jerking your e-buddies off? No complaining, just not seeing the reasoning for it at first.
This is when I would remove the thread from my watch list and pretend it didn't happen, and avoid it if I see a blue reply
aTm2004
AG
You do you.
Unemployed
AG
I find it funny how some of you post about how y'all went somewhere and wasn't wearing a mask as if it was some sort of badge of honor.

Do whatever the hell you want. This ain't a playground where you brag to your little buddy about something cool you just did on the merry-go-round.

Fcking kids nowadays.
HtownWilly12
RealTalk said:

I find it funny how some of you post about how y'all went somewhere and wasn't wearing a mask as if it was some sort of badge of honor.

Do whatever the hell you want. This ain't a playground where you brag to your little buddy about something cool you just did on the merry-go-round.

Fcking kids nowadays.
Buuut they do think it's a badge of honor. They scream about it being about freedom because they can't seem to comprehend empathy for the rest of society and the risk they impose on others. The US is right at 90,000 deaths currently in only a few months. Texas just had its largest single day spike in cases this weekend and they can't seem to understand that wearing a mask and distancing will help slow the growth but also keep the economy reopening.

If they are so brave to not wear a mask and say its their freedom of choice, then don't go to the hospital for treatment when you contract it.

Edit: when these badge wearers lose a loved one and come to the realization that they directly may be responsible for their contraction/death, they won't be bragging about their reckless ways anymore.
HtownAg92
AG
aTm2004 said:

HtownAg92 said:

Are we sure that the CFA Karen derail wasn't some elaborate troll attempt? It distracted us from this:

Quote:

Our anniversary is this week, and since we've both wanted a new pair of sunglasses, we decided to go to the mall and grab a pair (also to get the kids out of the house). Walk into the Sunglass Hut and are the only customers there. The employee tells us no more than 2 customers allowed in the store at a time. I ask if that included families, and he said it did. So, it's apparently safer for one adult to wait outside with 3 young kids (1 in a stroller) where tons of people are walking by than it is to let us stay in the store and spend money. So we left. The local Academy sales the 2 brands I wanted to look at, so we'll try there tomorrow.
1. Going to the Mall
2. To go the Sunglass Hut

I seriously did not think anyone still did that ever, much less during a pandemic.

Then again, I'll probably be heading to the mall later to go to Radio Shack for new batteries for my Walkman, Gadzooks for a new Corona Beach Club tank top, and maybe Chess King for some jeans.
First Page Last Page
Page 131 of 599

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.