Houston
Sponsored by

Tine Coronavirus thread

2,500,572 Views | 20959 Replies | Last: 2 mo ago by Ciboag96
Head Ninja In Charge
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Question about driving in from California. I saw where the restrictions were lifted for travel in from Louisiana. The only thing I saw for California was for air travel. Are people driving in from California into Texas also subject to 14-day quarantine? Can't find anything definitive online.
RK
AG
i saw an order from abbott's office instructing those coming in from california to "turn the **** around and go back where you came from".
Head Ninja In Charge
AG
Link?
Fitch
AG

RK
AG
it was in the paper.
Caliber
agz win
AG
Houston friends posting photos/videos gathered with their neighborhood friends at the bayou in the Med Center, adults and young children, with no masks or social distancing.
teecoy
AG
No masks/minimal social distancing where I was at either in the Woodlands, it was great!
Bondag
AG
Fitch said:

What happened in the first pic? Did they hear someone banging a trash can and NOPE out of there?
DVC2010
AG
Bondag said:

Fitch said:

What happened in the first pic? Did they hear someone banging a trash can and NOPE out of there?

Maybe someone forgot to lift the flight restriction that would have been in place if there was a game today.
Fitch
AG
Part of the loop around the Med Center. They came in from the north, did a full 360 circuit around the hospitals and then took off for Sugarland. Came back over downtown from the 290 area and went on towards New Orleans. They were in DFW about an hour before these pics.
TXTransplant
teecoy said:

No masks/minimal social distancing where I was at either in the Woodlands, it was great!

We were 6 ft or more away from other people who weren't in our group. But we were in a parking lot and most people were standing by their cars. That made it easier to keep socially distant.
aggiemike02
AG
were you on top of the silos or the old KBR building?
Fitch
AG
KBR
Diggity
AG
You work for Midway?
Fitch
AG
Yes
Diggity
AG
Nice...ya'll need to get moving on East River before all that subsidized housing gets thrown up across the way!
mm98
AG
The jets flew right over my house in Katy. Quite impressive.
agz win
AG
Office just announced we will be safe and behind the curve and August was mentioned as possible return date to office and there will be a long list of new restrictions in place in mandate of keeping six foot distance. interesting.
tylercsbn9
AG
agz win said:

Office just announced we will be safe and behind the curve and August was mentioned as possible return date to office and there will be a long list of new restrictions in place in mandate of keeping six foot distance. interesting.

Mine said August and September were being thrown around
CowtownAg06
AG
We go back June 1 with 15% scaling up every few weeks after that.
Fitch
AG
We're going back June 1 but re-spacing desks, etc. so not sure how that's going to work yet. Heard talk of A and B days getting thrown around.
gougler08
AG
CowtownAg06 said:

+1 here for an O&G major
swimmerbabe11
where can a person get dine in sushi?

(not Ra..Ra is so bad.)
Post removed:
by user
aTm2004
AG
Lawyers and Karens are driving the timing. They want to be able to "work from home" on their summer vacation.
Diggity
AG
yep. 9/14 for us
CowtownAg06
AG
gougler08 said:

CowtownAg06 said:

+1 here for an O&G major
Might be the same one.
TXTransplant
I haven't been told a date, but it won't be this month.

Just thinking about the people I work with, probably at least half of them are high-risk due to age, a pre-existing condition, or being immuno-compromised themselves or live with someone who is.

Not to mention we are self-insured, so I'm sure the company wants to mitigate their health care expenditure risk.

I think this is companies just proactively recognizing that probably a good chunk of their employees will have valid health reasons to continue working from home. Might as well get out in front of it rather than deal on a case-by-case basis.
Post removed:
by user
Fitch
AG
Some of the national firms I've talked to are looking at that or even as late as January next year for the whole office to be back. Trend seems to be the bigger they are the longer it will take. Lots of changes to the physical office environment or building access operations are being planned...either from the landlord or individual tenants.
gougler08
AG
CowtownAg06 said:

gougler08 said:

CowtownAg06 said:

+1 here for an O&G major
Might be the same one.
Quite possibly!
IrishTxAggie
AG
Akashi?
aTm2004
AG
third coast.. said:

Wow. There are a lot more ******* out there than I thought. Sad.

Most are probably up locally traded Fortune 500 companies who are trying to appeal to the board and chicken littles. Don't want any negative press, because that will mean you hate old people or something.
agz win
AG
Yeah, impression is full reopen in 2021 for us. One of the new policies is only one person in a restroom at a time. Oh the humanity.
First Page Last Page
Page 123 of 599

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.