Houston
Sponsored by

Tine Coronavirus thread

2,498,736 Views | 20959 Replies | Last: 2 mo ago by Ciboag96
IrishTxAggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Chewy said:

I love how there's two discussions going quoting the graphs. One on where to get crawfish and the other about the actual data.

Only you, TexAgs!
Priorities
aTm2004
AG
Chewy said:

I love how there's two discussions going quoting the graphs. One on where to get crawfish and the other about the actual data.

Only you, TexAgs!
One is discussing important issues and the other is an over-hyped political and media driven panic.
IrishTxAggie
jetch17
AG
Dr. Doctor
Teddy Perkins
AG
Haven't seen this mentioned beyond a few snapshots but Harris County has a Zip Code Dashboard that updates daily at 4pm.
Stat Monitor Repairman
aggiedata said:

Weatherman tells Karen to take her Twitter rant elsewhere while on Twitter.

98Ag99Grad
AG
Abbot opening hair places Friday.

https://www.click2houston.com/news/texas/2020/05/05/watch-today-gov-greg-abbott-holding-press-conference-on-texas-coronavirus-response-at-230-pm/
CFTXAG10
AG
98Ag99Grad said:

Abbot opening hair places Friday.

https://www.click2houston.com/news/texas/2020/05/05/watch-today-gov-greg-abbott-holding-press-conference-on-texas-coronavirus-response-at-230-pm/
Might have missed a few stipulations but thought I heard:

- 1 client at a time per barber/hairdresser
- 6 feet social distancing still applies between stations
- barber/hairdresser and client wear masks
- waiting area is okay if social distancing can be maintained but highly suggest appointment basis, and have folks wait in car until their turn if necessary

98Ag99Grad
AG
Gyms still closed until 5-18. Lots of restrictions:

• 25 percent capacity for the gym component
  • If you exercise outside, maintain safe distancing
  • Showers and loclkerooms must remain closed
  • All equipment must be cleaned
  • Customers have to wear gloves
  • Must maintain 6 feet social distancing
  • If you bring a yoga mat, you have to disinfect it
terradactylexpress
I don't understand the gloves thing, that seems really dumb. And similar to the restaurants I imagine most gyms never operate close to occupancy
Ag_07
AG
terradactylexpress said:

I don't understand the gloves thing, that seems really dumb.

One person who isn't washing their hands touching all kinds of equipment followed by a bunch of other people touching the same equipment.

Gloves at gyms seems pretty common sense to me.

I mean gym equipment is gross on any regular day not during a pandemic.
terradactylexpress
And putting gloves on doesn't change that, nor does it prevent any virus that gets on something from being transferred to every other station
Rustys-Beef-o-Reeno
AG
Yea I'm out on ever going back to the gym, looking to buy a rowing machine, between that and some adjustable dumbbells I can do everything I need to in my garage with some pull-ups and pushups squats lunges etc.
I'm not trying to get huge, just stay in shape with some good muscle tone
IrishTxAggie
AG
How the **** you gonna set an appointment at Doug's?! Do they even have a phone??
NASAg03
Gloves only work if you're very particular about using them and very careful about removing. And you're at a gym where you're sweating and touching your towel and face and water bottle.

"The pulmonary physician and internist Dr. Jens Mathews has a similar view. In a radio interview with German public broadcaster SWR3, he described disposable gloves as a "germ-slinger" for the coronavirus. Not only do they offer no protection, he says, but they are even counterproductive. In a very short time, a disposable glove accumulates many more bacteria on the surface than a freshly washed hand would, according to Mathews."

https://www.ecowatch.com/disposable-gloves-coronavirus-2645723464.html?rebelltitem=11#rebelltitem11
Mike Shaw - Class of '03
aTm2004
AG
Rustys-Beef-o-Reeno said:

Yea I'm out on ever going back to the gym, looking to buy a rowing machine, between that and some adjustable dumbbells I can do everything I need to in my garage with some pull-ups and pushups squats lunges etc.
I'm not trying to get huge, just stay in shape with some good muscle tone

There's a Home Gym thread on the HF board with lots of ideas. Wife and I decided to buy everything last year and we've already paid for it though not paying the Y $100/mo.
aTm2004
AG
Not to mention they tear easily. I wear rubber gloves when I work on our cars and the index finger always rips.
terradactylexpress
Good luck finding a dumbbell even right now unfortunately
aTm2004
AG
Oh, I'm aware. My wife does some type of aerobic workout each day and ran across some 12s at Target and bought them.
TarponChaser
So when will the pool at the Y open up for swimming laps?
Ag_07
AG
Sounds like you better get some gloves
terradactylexpress
drumboy
AG
terradactylexpress said:

Good luck finding a dumbbell even right now unfortunately
I sold my Bowflex Selectechs for $650 when this all started. I should have asked for an even stack.
Diggity
AG
geeze...you're not kidding. I paid $200 for a set of these guys a year ago

Bowflex SelectTech 552 Adjustable Dumbbell Set
RK
AG
Bicep humble brag. Nice.
tylercsbn9
AG
Doomers already out in full force on the Texas subreddits.

Where will these morons go hide once we don't see tens of thousands more deaths from this nonsense like they're reeeeeing about?
ChemAg15
AG
Reddit is nothing more than a liberal circle jerk.
Al Bula
AG
I have honestly not cruised Reddit since early March. The only idiots i tolerate online can be found littered across texags.
tylercsbn9
AG
Shife said:

I have honestly not cruised Reddit since early March. The only idiots i tolerate online can be found littered across texags.

It's about 1000x more doomy than the texags COVID19 board

I just read it for the constant meltdown of what i assume are losers that have no life so this isn't impacting them and gives them avenue to feel self important
Post removed:
by user
ChemAg15
AG
"If you're not afraid of this virus and hiding inside your house, you literally want people to DIE" - Reddit comment with 10000000 up votes
ChemAg15
AG
drumboy
AG
aTm2004 said:

Not to mention they tear easily. I wear rubber gloves when I work on our cars and the index finger always rips.
Does this say you have to wear rubber gloves? I'm thinking that mechanic gloves would be better for working out but not sure how effective they'd be at preventing spread of COVID. I guess you could wash them daily.
TarponChaser
ChemAg15 said:

"If you're not afraid of this virus and hiding inside your house, you literally want people to DIE" - Reddit comment with 10000000 up votes

Well, I do want people to die. It just needs to be specific people. In general, the sort of twunts who hang out on reddit and post **** like that are at the top of the list.
First Page Last Page
Page 122 of 599

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.