Houston
Sponsored by

Tine Coronavirus thread

2,507,434 Views | 20959 Replies | Last: 2 mo ago by Ciboag96
aTm2004
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Fitch said:

Galveston is packed.
Beer is better in the breeze.
That is all, y'all.

Went to Galveston this morning and got to the beach around 9:30. Plenty of people out, but damn was it crowded when we left around 1. We drove down the sea wall to see how it was in that area, and it seemed lime a holiday weekend. Social Distancing was taken as an "advisement," but didn't look to be practiced well.

Only saw 1 dude with a mask out walking his sissy rat. I chuckled because the dude was ripped. Afraid of a virus but no fear sticking a needle in his ass.

45 was jammed inbound to the Island when we left. Lots of freedom being exercised.
Diggity
AG
West end has a good amount of people but not over crowded by any means.

Surfside was a zoo last weekend because Galveston was closed.
Ag_07
AG
Well...I see a 10 year old boy drowned on Crystal Beach this afternoon.
J. Walter Weatherman
ChipFTAC01 said:

Yeah I'm more inclined to think of Hidalgo as a naive dogooder versus AOC who's a narcissistic moron. Subtle difference.

I think she has a little bit of both + it's an attempt to extend her 15 minutes in the spotlight as long as possible to pad her awareness numbers for future campaigns. Unfortunately Houston businesses will continue to pay for it.
Fitch
AG
aTm2004 said:

Fitch said:

Galveston is packed.
Beer is better in the breeze.
That is all, y'all.

Went to Galveston this morning and got to the beach around 9:30. Plenty of people out, but damn was it crowded when we left around 1. We drove down the sea wall to see how it was in that area, and it seemed lime a holiday weekend. Social Distancing was taken as an "advisement," but didn't look to be practiced well.

Only saw 1 dude with a mask out walking his sissy rat. I chuckled because the dude was ripped. Afraid of a virus but no fear sticking a needle in his ass.

45 was jammed inbound to the Island when we left. Lots of freedom being exercised.

My exact experience too. Save I went out and exercised the front row of a patio with a strong sea breeze and a couple tacos & Miller lites. Could count the masks being worn on one hand. I think my favorite was the guy intermittently taking his off to take a drag on his JUUL.
mm98
AG
Ag_07 said:

Well...I see a 10 year old boy drowned on Crystal Beach this afternoon.

Jeez. Can't imagine. That's my worst fear having an autistic son every time we get near water.
RVAg02
AG
nm
aTm2004
AG
New Caney representing.

Liquid Wrench
IrishTxAggie said:

No ***** At least the new landlords of Big Star let them keep operating until the figure out what the hell they want to do with it.
Letting people know you hang out at Big Star now will probably give it a quick euthanasia.

Oh well, was fun while it lasted.
aggiedata
AG
Karen is trying to cancel the channel 13 weatherman for reporting the weather

Jack Cheese
AG
"sending people to their deaths".

Translation: "assumptions and statistical models 2 months ago reinforced my hyper-fearful biases, and I'm clinging desperately to that narrative now regardless of any changed conditions or new facts."
Al Bula
AG
Wow that chick is a loony democrat for sure. Literally a crazy cat lady and makes those vag hats. Libs are the worst.

jetch17
Daddy-O5
AG

Karen mad.
Jack Cheese
AG
Has lupus, probably takes HCQ, more resistant than the rest of us.
Jackal99
AG
That ***** so scary, not even COVID gonna mess with her.
aTm2004
AG
J.D. c/o 05 said:

Karen mad.

Diggity
AG

Something tells me this snitch behavior would not have been tolerated back in Columbia during El Patron's regime.
IrishTxAggie
AG
Diggity said:

Something tells me this snitch behavior would not have been tolerated back in Columbia during El Patron's regime.

Snitches end up in ditches *****. What if it's an illegal immigrant operating? Does that person get a pass?
jetch17
AG
Snitch line
RK
AG
Hopefully it'll end up with the same fate as the NY City line.
Cromagnum
AG
Zemira
AG
All you need to know about this woman. This is her pinned tweet.

BohunkAg
AG
The responses to this are fantastic.

ChemAg15
AG
Didn't New York fix the snitch line by prank calling 24/7? Seems like we should take a play out of their play book.
Tom Hagen
AG
Tom Hagen
AG
BTW, does anyone no of a place serving spicy crawfish and cold draft beer this afternoon? Social distancing not necessary.
IrishTxAggie
AG
A couple places on white oak
Fitch
AG
Data as of 5/3/20, as published by the Texas DSHS. One point to note, it takes at least a day for the counties to report their stats and for those to be posted to the state website

The Boot on W 20th had good crawfish earlier in the season. Need to get back up there.

Boil House on 11th in the Heights is good also. Got to-go from there last Sunday evening.
IrishTxAggie
AG
Fitch said:

Data as of 4/3/20, as published by the Texas DSHS. One point to note, it takes at least a day for the counties to report their stats and for those to be posted to the state website

The Boot on W 20th had good crawfish earlier in the season. Need to get back up there.

Boil House on 11th in the Heights is good also. Got to-go from there last Sunday evening.
Christian's and Onion Creek have them too
MathNewman06
AG
Fitch said:

Data as of 5/3/20, as published by the Texas DSHS. One point to note, it takes at least a day for the counties to report their stats and for those to be posted to the state website

Increasing and concave up seems like a great time for everyone to go back to normal.
(Though with inconsistencies in testing, a different measure, like hospitalizations, would probably be more revelatory.)
RK
AG
definitely. tracking hospitalizations and deaths is far more informative that relying on something that is solely a function of process. at the end of the day, who has it or has had it is not particularly important...it's who and how many people are being severely impacted that should really govern any action or non-action.

also, citing "deaths by day" can produce false impressions when removed from the context of the surrounding time periods (eg "today there were more deaths than ever!"....without noting that maybe the previous number of days have been lower than normal, still putting things on a flat or downward trajectory).
Chewy
AG
I love how there's two discussions going quoting the graphs. One on where to get crawfish and the other about the actual data.

Only you, TexAgs!
tylercsbn9
AG
RK said:

definitely. tracking hospitalizations and deaths is far more informative that relying on something that is solely a function of process. at the end of the day, who has it or has had it is not particularly important...it's who and how many people are being severely impacted that should really govern any action or non-action.

This is exactly what we should focus on but the morons on Reddit, Facebook, Twitter, etc will continue to focus on overall cases and skyscream about Abbott opening up Texas. Completely ignorant of what flatten the curve actually means.

What will compound it is we're testing more so it will be "higher" even though the last month's numbers were lower with so many asymptomatic
Zobel
AG

Quote:

Completely ignorant of what flatten the curve actually means.
Oh don't worry there's plenty of that to go around.
First Page Last Page
Page 121 of 599

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.