Houston
Sponsored by

Tine Coronavirus thread

2,496,893 Views | 20959 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by Ciboag96
Seersucker Ag 2011
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Had dinner with friends tonight. Not dead yet. Will report back.
AgLiving06
Seersucker Ag 2011 said:

Two weeks
AgLiving06
She has no credibility.

I don't see any reason that a business would listen to anything she said.
lunchbox
Seersucker Ag 2011 said:

What did it look like inside? I'm hearing from friends that 25% of occupancy is pretty close to a normal service...maybe a few tables removed in all. When you don't let people stand around the bar or wait in the lobby, it seems you can seat a ton of people.
drumboy
AG
wessimo said:

I saw they are selling growlers of their beer (that has been sitting around for a couple months) for $30. Hard pass.

They don't have any good beers anyway, not a single IIIIIIPA on their wall.

Have had many kid walk Froses though, don't judge.
htxag09
AG
lunchbox said:

It is all going to depend on the language.

The way that tweet reads, if Abbott were to open up bars tomorrow, then it gets pulled from her order.

The language doesn't really matter in this regard. No matter what the language is, Abbott's orders trump hers.

She's just an idiot trying to stay in the limelight.
BBRex
AG
I'm more inclined to think she's a do-gooder trying to make the best out of the information she's been given. Not that it makes much difference at the practical level.
ChipFTAC01
AG
Yeah I'm more inclined to think of Hidalgo as a naive dogooder versus AOC who's a narcissistic moron. Subtle difference.

JYDog90
AG
In effect, isn't she assisting the Governor's order?

LiHi's order says anything that is not outlined in the Gov's order is to remain closed. That doesn't conflict with what Abbott has said.

I was having a discussion with a friend yesterday who owns a dance studio and she's starting back up on Monday because of the order from Abbott. Under what classification? Not gyms, not schools.

I don't really care but I'm guessing LiHi looked at folks thinking as long as I'm not a gym or a hair or nail salon I can go ahead and open back up and so she is trying to shut those folks down.

I don't like LiHi and am surprised that I am defending this but I can at least understand how she's trying to keep things reined in until mid-May.
Formerly Willy Wonka
BMX Bandit
Based on the tweet, it looks like all she is saying is that anything Abbott says has to stay closed, has to stay closed. Doesn't appear to be adding anything new, but will have to see the order.

Regarding the dance studio, I think most people think that all "nonessential businesses " other than bars, gyms, Salons & tat parlors are allowed to open. But they aren't. All "non-essentials" that aren't listed as being allowed to reopen. (Restaurants, malls, movies) are supposed to remain closed.

But it seems few care, and it doesn't look like there's any appetite for enforcement at this point.
gougler08
AG
Willy Wonka said:

In effect, isn't she assisting the Governor's order?

LiHi's order says anything that is not outlined in the Gov's order is to remain closed. That doesn't conflict with what Abbott has said.

I was having a discussion with a friend yesterday who owns a dance studio and she's starting back up on Monday because of the order from Abbott. Under what classification? Not gyms, not schools.

I don't really care but I'm guessing LiHi looked at folks thinking as long as I'm not a gym or a hair or nail salon I can go ahead and open back up and so she is trying to shut those folks down.

I don't like LiHi and am surprised that I am defending this but I can at least understand how she's trying to keep things reined in until mid-May.

In all seriousness what does something like this fall under? It feels like Abbott's order was vague enough that people can do this if they want
BMX Bandit
They can't. Any vagueness was cleared up by the AG on Thursday.

1. Are you an "Essential service"?
2. Are you one of the listed "Reopened services"?

If "no" to both, then you aren't supposed to open. But I doubt there will be any enforcement on this really.
JYDog90
AG
I sent the tweet above to her last night and she said, "Yeah, but what does that even mean?" And so I sent her the follow up tweet from that dude listing all the businesses that should remain closed and she said, "Well, I'm not any of those so it doesn't pertain to me. Thanks."

Again, I don't care. I just think there's a ton of folks out there that are thinking exactly the same things.
Formerly Willy Wonka
RVAg02
AG
ChipFTAC01 said:

Yeah I'm more inclined to think of Hidalgo as a naive dogooder versus AOC who's a narcissistic moron. Subtle difference.

I think that's exactly right. I've met her, and she came across as a little naive and over her head, but not in the same category as AOC.
Tom Hagen
AG
drumboy said:

wessimo said:

I saw they are selling growlers of their beer (that has been sitting around for a couple months) for $30. Hard pass.

They don't have any good beers anyway, not a single IIIIIIPA on their wall.

Have had many kid walk Froses though, don't judge.
Germans know good beer. That's why they don't brew ass tasting IPA's.
gougler08
AG
BMX Bandit said:

They can't. Any vagueness was cleared up by the AG on Thursday.

1. Are you an "Essential service"?
2. Are you one of the listed "Reopened services"?

If "no" to both, then you aren't supposed to open. But I doubt there will be any enforcement on this really.

Ah I missed that one, thanks!
Coog97
Covered a lot of territory yesterday and saw some interesting things...

Out in Katy briefly... COVID testing set-up at Rhodes Stadium with zero activity. Not a single car.

Went to Galveston... it was pretty active. Lots of folks on the beaches, but enough room to keep distance. The Spot on Seawall was busy. We went to a pizza & beer place we like right when they opened at 4. We were there a little over an hour, and by the time we left, it had filled in some, again with room to keep distance, but people were also intermingling. Owner said they were starting back up with live music that night.
terradactylexpress
Was by the testing site at Delmar and it was closed because they had already hit the limit of testing. Assume the same for Katy.

Interestingly enough karbach isn't doing Togo beers, said they had the wrong license. I guess part of the negative of selling out is you have enough assets behind you that you don't want to tempt fines
Teddy Perkins
AG
Club Onyx leading the way.

Quote:

A federal judge approved a temporary restraining order against the city of Houston, which will allow a Houston strip club to stay open as a restaurant.

Club Onyx filed the suit after being shut down in the early morning hours Friday, only hours after they opened under Governor Abbott's Phase I plan.

Mayor Sylvester Turner said the club had primarily operated as a sexually oriented business before the pandemic and was only claiming to be a restaurant so it could reopen.
IrishTxAggie
AG
Teddy Perkins said:

Club Onyx leading the way.

Quote:

A federal judge approved a temporary restraining order against the city of Houston, which will allow a Houston strip club to stay open as a restaurant.

Club Onyx filed the suit after being shut down in the early morning hours Friday, only hours after they opened under Governor Abbott's Phase I plan.

Mayor Sylvester Turner said the club had primarily operated as a sexually oriented business before the pandemic and was only claiming to be a restaurant so it could reopen.

#SupportSmallBusinesses
BMX Bandit
Love that club Onyx is the d/b/a for "Trump, Inc."
Quincey P. Morris
AG
I thought the order for club vs restaurant said if the place has a 51% sign. If they don't and serve food, I don't see what the issue is.
IrishTxAggie
AG
Oh, I'm all for it. I don't care how the hell they did it or which "loophole" they used. I want all the businesses to open up. I think every bar should open up right now and do a special of "$25 Chips and Queso comes with 5 beers" or something of the sort. Declare the chips and queso is $13 and the beers are $12.

I know they can't just up and do that, but it would be funny as hell
Scruffy
AG
IrishTxAggie said:

Oh, I'm all for it. I don't care how the hell they did it or which "loophole" they used. I want all the businesses to open up. I think every bar should open up right now and do a special of "$25 Chips and Queso comes with 5 beers" or something of the sort. Declare the chips and queso is $13 and the beers are $12.

I know they can't just up and do that, but it's be funny as hell
I don't understand how the Chicken wasn't a 51% business.
sts7049
AG
RVAg02 said:

ChipFTAC01 said:

I think that's exactly right. I've met her, and she came across as a little naive and over her head, but not in the same category as AOC.
the bigger question is, how were her cans in real life?
ThunderCougarFalconBird
AG
IrishTxAggie said:

before it closed Bar Munich used to do this on Sunday mornings for early soccer games. Basket of chips was $5 and it came with a beer.
swimmerbabe11
Malls are retailers were listed.

mall food courts and play areas have to stay closed. 25% capacity stands.
Petrino1
Driving around midtown today and saw multiple bars open. Open up Abbott!
BBRex
AG
blindey said:

IrishTxAggie said:

before it closed Bar Munich used to do this on Sunday mornings for early soccer games. Basket of chips was $5 and it came with a beer.

Damn, I didn't know Bar Munich closed. That was a semi-regular stop when I worked nights downtown.
Fitch
AG
Fitch
AG
Galveston is packed.
Beer is better in the breeze.
That is all, y'all.
Onceaggie2.0
BBRex said:

blindey said:

IrishTxAggie said:

Damn, I didn't know Bar Munich closed. That was a semi-regular stop when I worked nights downtown.

Been closed for two years now still vacant why would the landlord do that ?
IrishTxAggie
AG
No ***** At least the new landlords of Big Star let them keep operating until the figure out what the hell they want to do with it.
W
AG
traffic is heavy today on I-45 North. Kind of like a normal Saturday.

folks are going somewhere
ThunderCougarFalconBird
AG
W said:

traffic is heavy today on I-45 North. Kind of like a normal Saturday.

folks are going somewhere
Montgomery county for a patio beer
First Page Last Page
Page 120 of 599

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.