Houston
Sponsored by

Best Pizza in Houston

24,070 Views | 169 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by tandy miller
Stat Monitor Repairman
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Anybody remember Late Nite Pie near midtown? Beer and a slice for a few bucks.

Place burned down around 2006. Seems like it was found to be arson.
BBRex
AG
I want to say they changed locations and the food went to hell before it burned.
Stat Monitor Repairman
Greasy pizza on paper plates. Was no frills. Some characters up in there. The kind of place that would be on an episode of Insomniac with Dave Attell.

On a side note, theres a place called Dante's Pizza in the french quarter around St. Peter and Bourbon. If located in Houston, it would be the best pizza in houston.
shihitemuslim
AG
Brothers pizzeria
DiskoTroop
Brothers

Eot
Madmarttigan
AG
My rankings-
Romanos
Fuzzys on westheimer, not Antoine
Luigis
Franks
Star deep dish, regular is meh
Luna
Pinks

I do want to try pizaros, had not heard of brothers
Marauder Blue 6
AG
Is there a difference between Brother's Pizza locations? I've been to the one on off Hwy6/I-10 and didn't think it was special at all.
drumboy
AG
Anybody had Satellite of Pizza truck? Big conex container truck with a brick oven that's really good.
Tom Hagen
AG
TriAg2010 said:

Good thread idea. TBH, all Texas metro areas have generally lousy Italian food. We just didn't benefit from having any significant number of Italian immigrants settle here. Living in the North East made me appreciate that our Italian is about as good as their Mexican.
Don't dis the Carrabas, Mandolas, Vallones, Triolas, et. al..
dragmagpuff
AG
drumboy said:

Anybody had Satellite of Pizza truck? Big conex container truck with a brick oven that's really good.
Satellite of Pizza might be my personal favorite that I have had in town. Or maybe that is just because every time I've had it's after I've been drinking.
Gig-Em2003
AG
Pizaro's. Can't believe it doesn't get much love on here. I don't think enough people have been there. Their NY style is incredible and their Neapolitan is as good as it gets.
Gig-Em2003
AG
If you like all of these you will like Pizaros more. I've had them all and easily put it on top.
isotaptx
AG
Coog97
Body By Fisher said:

Chewy said:

R.I.P. Kay's Lounge
Red River has a little pizza oven. Hell, maybe the same one.
There was a Kay's reunion of sorts at Red River last weekend... some former regulars and employees. Alas, I was out of town and unable to attend.

My vote is for Dan's Pizza in Webster.
Texaggie7nine
Kenneally's
7nine
TXAG 05
AG
Marauder Blue 6 said:

Is there a difference between Brother's Pizza locations? I've been to the one on off Hwy6/I-10 and didn't think it was special at all.

I've been to the one on Shepherd, just north of the loop and didn't think it was anything write home about either.

RIP Kay's.
Lucky Jack Aubrey
AG
Shamrock Special
TarponChaser
Tom Hagen said:

TriAg2010 said:

Good thread idea. TBH, all Texas metro areas have generally lousy Italian food. We just didn't benefit from having any significant number of Italian immigrants settle here. Living in the North East made me appreciate that our Italian is about as good as their Mexican.
Don't dis the Carrabas, Mandolas, Vallones, Triolas, et. al..
True story.

Go check out the old school Mandola's Deli on Leeland for classic red & white checkered oilcloth-covered tables where they call the sauce "gravy." It's excellent.

And Carrabba's gets a bum rap because of their franchised locations but the two original locations on Kirby and Voss where they're still run by Johnny Carrabba and Damian Mandola are as good as any Italian restaurant not run by Scott Conant.

Personally, I know that when I go out for a nice dinner it's not Italian. I don't know why, it just is that way. That's not to say there aren't some good places but I think it's not in the forefront of the food scene here. Texas actually did have huge numbers of Italians settle here but not as many as NY/NJ, Boston, or Chicago.
Lester Bangs
+1 for Satellite of Pizza.
E
AG
Purple Flower pizza truck next to Great Heights Brewery is the best i've had in a while
Goodest Poster
AG
SPANKYS and Coltivare
Milwaukees Best Light
AG
F Star pizza. Got real sick from there about a dozen years ago and still hold a grudge.
NoahAg
Mellow Mushroom is pretty good.

But pizza is like burgers or BBQ. There's a peak at how good it can really be.
Boo Weekley
Texaggie7nine said:

Kenneally's
Haven't been there in years, but the Pizza was excellent last time I was there. Especially for bar food.
schmellba99
AG
Brooklyn Pizza down in Bacliff is nails. Owner is from Brooklyn and knows his stuff.

Capone's is legit too, had them the other night and was highly impressed.

Won't be popular on this board because the tine board food network critics are worse than neckbeards with micro brews, but Russo's and Grimaldi's make damn good pizza.
2nd Generation Ag
Tony's in northwest Houston. They have 2 locations. Owners are from New York.
EO718
Tyrone_The_Tuna
AG
2nd Generation Ag said:

Tony's in northwest Houston. They have 2 locations. Owners are from New York.

Me and co workers go to the one off jones road almost every Friday. Between here and brothers there arnt any better
In the city
jja79
AG
Is one on Louetta?
bluefire579
AG
K Bo said:

Purple Flour truck parked at Great Heights Brewing Co
This. Their pizza is ****ing fantastic
Fall92
AG
jja79 said:

Is one on Louetta?
Don't know if it's the same but the one on Louetta has pretty good pie.
"I did nothing. I did absolutely nothing, and it was everything that I thought it could be."
GE
AG
Gonna agree with Frank's. Place is awesome. If we are including suburbs Grimaldis takes the cake.
Liquid Wrench

Quote:

Personally, I know that when I go out for a nice dinner it's not Italian. I don't know why, it just is that way.
Who doesn't want to get good and farty when you're trying to get laid?
AgLA06
AG
Original Fuzzy's on Antoine
Star
BrazosDog02
AG
Brothers pizza and it's not even close. If I can't have that then I'll just throw a red Barron in the oven and call it a day.
drumboy
AG
GE said:

Gonna agree with Frank's. Place is awesome. If we are including suburbs Grimaldis takes the cake.

More like "takes the pie" but nah.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.