Houston
Sponsored by

Taking bets on the latest child abduction story

33,237 Views | 206 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Ciboag96
OverSeas AG
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Every knee shall bow and every tongue shall confess
DON'T TREAD ON ME
Furlock Bones
AG
Quote:

Judge Lpez is happily married and a dog mom of a little dog named Pedro who is also a Little Democrat. He was one of her biggest supporters during her campaigning. Judge Lopez had the support of her proud parents, past teachers, and even inspired an 80-year old man to go vote for the first time! Also, during her campaigning, Judge Lpez hit the pavement in her democratic blue Converse and kept things fun by doing her classic campaigning dance.
jesus h. christ
Jack Cheese
AG
Lest we forget the victim in this case, looks like poor Maleah went to the ER three times last summer. First for throwing up blood, next for a cut on her forehead where doctors discovered blood on her brain, last in August with seizures and brain swelling, leading to a section of her skull being removed.

Doctors suspected someone was beating the **** out of her but couldn't prove it. So the good Judge Lopez (on advice of CPS) ruled that there was a lack of parental supervision and ordered mom and boyfriend (he's not Maleah's dad or stepdad) to complete a parenting class. Which the article drolly notes they have not done.

I guess Maleah had just been beating the **** out of herself due to lack of supervision. I know that's what my kids do when I'm not watching them.

This case is such a pisser.

https://www.khou.com/article/news/why-did-maleah-davis-need-brain-surgery/285-93fd2cde-838f-4543-86bc-3b6ef3e3f40a
Marauder Blue 6
AG
Jack Cheese said:

Lest we forget the victim in this case, looks like poor Maleah went to the ER three times last summer. First for throwing up blood, next for a cut on her forehead where doctors discovered blood on her brain, last in August with seizures and brain swelling, leading to a section of her skull being removed.

Doctors suspected someone was beating the **** out of her but couldn't prove it. So the good Judge Lopez (on advice of CPS) ruled that there was a lack of parental supervision and ordered mom and boyfriend (he's not Maleah's dad or stepdad) to complete a parenting class. Which the article drolly notes they have not done.

I guess Maleah had just been beating the **** out of herself due to lack of supervision. I know that's what my kids do when I'm not watching them.

https://www.khou.com/article/news/why-did-maleah-davis-need-brain-surgery/285-93fd2cde-838f-4543-86bc-3b6ef3e3f40a
I hope there's no shortage of campaign advertisements highlighting this case in the next few election cycles.
Ferris Wheel Allstar
AG
Jack Cheese said:

CPS and Judge Lopez should be accountable on some level for putting her back in harms way.
Ag_07
AG
Incredibly sad

I guess if she is deceased (which I fully expect) then she's in a better place then she was when in the care of these two animals.

There's not a punishment fit for these types of crimes.
Jack Cheese
AG
Ferris Wheel Allstar said:

Jack Cheese said:

CPS and Judge Lopez should be accountable on some level for putting her back in harms way.

Judge can be voted out. CPS will just chalk it up to the overwhelming case load, the "broken system", and pat themselves on the back for their heroic efforts. Then collect a nice public employee pension bargained by the union, which the state cannot afford.
P.H. Dexippus
AG
In CPS' defense, do we even know if they agreed with returning the child into that home? The mom filed the motion, the ad litem is supposed to look out for the best interest of the child, and the judge made the decision.
HtownAg92
AG
Pretty impressive experience for the Judge. Looks like she may have seen the courtroom one's of times before sitting on the bench. She did conduct "discover" and communicate with opposing counsel, though.

Quote:

Gloria Elizabeth Lpez was born in McAllen, Texas. She obtained her bachelors in Government and Spanish from The University of Texas at Austin and her Juris Doctorate from Texas Southern University in Houston, Texas. During law school, she participated in the Texas Legislative Program where she wrote and amended Texas Legislation. Attorney Lpez understood that in order to advocate for her clients, she had to learn the process, of the creation of a Texas Law, from beginning to end. During the Legislative program her passion to help and protect people was strengthened.

In 2011, Attorney Lpez was hired by Dr. Benjamin Hall to work as an associate attorney at The Hall Law Firm. The firm represented corporations, partnerships, governmental entities, as well as individuals. Attorney Lpez handled multi-million dollar civil litigation at The Hall Law Firm. Her experience at The Hall Law Firm provides an insight and knowledge necessary to prepare your case for trial.

In 2012, Attorney Lpez was hired as an associate attorney in a Family Law Firm. As an associate attorney she conducted consultations, prepared petitions, responded to discover, communicated with opposing counsel, and prepared for trial. Houston Lawyer Attorney Lpez learned of her love for Family Law during her time at this law firm. Providing relief to a person, during an emotionally difficult time is what Attorney Lpez enjoys doing.
Quote:

Finding a solution to people's problems requires more than a simple knowledge of the law; it requires a commitment to a person's happiness.
Attorney Lpez's experiences and tools will allow her to handle your family law matter with caution and attentiveness. She takes pride in providing her clients with a face-to-face consultation. Said consultation will allow her to meet and fully understand her client's needs. She also understands that every person's case is different; therefore, she handles each case in a personalized manner.

Family law can be filled with a lot of emotions, stress, and vindictiveness. That is why Houston Lawyer Attorney Lpez will take each of your circumstances into consideration in order to identify your best solution. You can see some of the services she offers here.
lunchbox
Marvin_Zindler
AG
HtownAg92 said:

Pretty impressive experience for the Judge. Looks like she may have seen the courtroom one's of times before sitting on the bench. She did conduct "discover" and communicate with opposing counsel, though.

Quote:

Gloria Elizabeth Lpez was born in McAllen, Texas. She obtained her bachelors in Government and Spanish from The University of Texas at Austin and her Juris Doctorate from Texas Southern University in Houston, Texas. During law school, she participated in the Texas Legislative Program where she wrote and amended Texas Legislation. Attorney Lpez understood that in order to advocate for her clients, she had to learn the process, of the creation of a Texas Law, from beginning to end. During the Legislative program her passion to help and protect people was strengthened.

In 2011, Attorney Lpez was hired by Dr. Benjamin Hall to work as an associate attorney at The Hall Law Firm. The firm represented corporations, partnerships, governmental entities, as well as individuals. Attorney Lpez handled multi-million dollar civil litigation at The Hall Law Firm. Her experience at The Hall Law Firm provides an insight and knowledge necessary to prepare your case for trial.

In 2012, Attorney Lpez was hired as an associate attorney in a Family Law Firm. As an associate attorney she conducted consultations, prepared petitions, responded to discover, communicated with opposing counsel, and prepared for trial. Houston Lawyer Attorney Lpez learned of her love for Family Law during her time at this law firm. Providing relief to a person, during an emotionally difficult time is what Attorney Lpez enjoys doing.
Quote:

Finding a solution to people's problems requires more than a simple knowledge of the law; it requires a commitment to a person's happiness.
Attorney Lpez's experiences and tools will allow her to handle your family law matter with caution and attentiveness. She takes pride in providing her clients with a face-to-face consultation. Said consultation will allow her to meet and fully understand her client's needs. She also understands that every person's case is different; therefore, she handles each case in a personalized manner.

Family law can be filled with a lot of emotions, stress, and vindictiveness. That is why Houston Lawyer Attorney Lpez will take each of your circumstances into consideration in order to identify your best solution. You can see some of the services she offers here.

It is my personal opinion that no one who graduated from TSU law should ever be allowed on the bench.
lunchbox
I think the mom just showed up to where they found the car. One of the LEOs walked up to her and she collapsed in tears.

Livestream: https://abc13.com/car-belonging-to-maleah-davis-stepdad-found-in-missouri-city/5292359/
CDUB98
AG
The guy deserves a bullet in the head as soon as he confesses.
ThunderCougarFalconBird
AG

Quote:

Juris Doctorate from Texas Southern University in Houston, Texas.

hired by Dr. Benjamin Hall to work as an associate attorney at The Hall Law Firm

In 2012, Attorney Lpez was hired as an associate attorney in a Family Law Firm.

Three huge red flags. (1) TSU law, (2) Ben "probably more corrupt that Sly Turner" Hall, and (3) jumped ship in under a year to an unnamed family law practice. Yikes.

The state of Texas has crap judges because we pay crap (though this idiot probably got a decent pay raise upon taking the bench).

This is a 2011 TSU law grad that is deciding the fate of families and children in Texas. You have to be more than just a little bit nervous.
P.H. Dexippus
AG
It's a toss up between this one and judge appointed by the commissioner's court to replace the moron that "accidentally resigned". The other judge has a Yale degree, but has never been listed as counsel of record in a Texas or federal case.
CDUB98
AG
Mr. AGSPRT04 said:

The other judge has a Yale degree, but has never been listed as counsel of record in a Texas or federal case.

When you make rulings based on your feelings alone, jurisprudence really doesn't matter.
Waltonloads08
AG
This. Wasn't TSU going to lose their accreditation recently?

It's a rubber stamp law school for people who don't actually qualify for law school.
Waltonloads08
AG
lunchbox said:

I think the mom just showed up to where they found the car. One of the LEOs walked up to her and she collapsed in tears.

Livestream: https://abc13.com/car-belonging-to-maleah-davis-stepdad-found-in-missouri-city/5292359/

"Mom" really plays it up for the cameras
AustinCountyAg
the major cities are already complete cluster ****s
HtownAg92
AG
blindey said:

Quote:

Juris Doctorate from Texas Southern University in Houston, Texas.

hired by Dr. Benjamin Hall to work as an associate attorney at The Hall Law Firm

In 2012, Attorney Lpez was hired as an associate attorney in a Family Law Firm.

Three huge red flags. (1) TSU law, (2) Ben "probably more corrupt that Sly Turner" Hall, and (3) jumped ship in under a year to an unnamed family law practice. Yikes.

The state of Texas has crap judges because we pay crap (though this idiot probably got a decent pay raise upon taking the bench).

This is a 2011 TSU law grad that is deciding the fate of families and children in Texas. You have to be more than just a little bit nervous.
It appears that the "Family Law Firm" where she was "hired" was either "Gloria Lopez & Associates" or "Hangashingle, Officeshare & Rentaspace, PC".
Boo Weekley

[Stop derailing this thread. -Staff]
Waltonloads08
AG
"Houston police say they have not spoken to the girl's stepfather in a couple of days, and each time they have tried to talk to him about doing a suspect sketch he has not responded. But police stopped short of saying that he is missing."

Great.

Usually I don't care that much, because bad **** happens every day. This case bugs the **** out of me, not only because I have a 4 year old girl, but because it seems like there is so much incompetence and sheer idiocy of the people involved. from the loser parents, to the idiot dancing judge and the Democrat Party that ran her, to HPD not having this guy in the bag by now.

Pisses me off all around.
Marauder Blue 6
AG

[You, too. -Staff]
Waltonloads08
AG
https://abc13.com/familys-car-yields-no-clues-to-where-maleah-davis-could-be/5292359/

Homeboy can't be found. I'm sure he's just at work or looking for the Mexicans.

If HPD screws this up too, they need to start firing people.
GasAg90

[We didn't ban anyone, but if that is what you want. -Staff]
Jack Cheese
AG
Waltonloads08 said:

https://abc13.com/familys-car-yields-no-clues-to-where-maleah-davis-could-be/5292359/

Homeboy can't be found. I'm sure he's just at work or looking for the Mexicans.

If HPD screws this up too, they need to start firing people.

Dude. He's at the court-ordered parenting class.
ChipFTAC01
AG
I've worked with Judge Briones back before she was a judge. I can't speak to her courtroom experience but she's certainly no dummy.
Martin Q. Blank
ChipFTAC01 said:

I've worked with Judge Briones back before she was a judge. I can't speak to her courtroom experience but she's certainly no dummy.
Who is Judge Briones?
P.H. Dexippus
AG
https://www.houstonchronicle.com/news/houston-texas/houston/article/Harris-County-s-speedy-appointment-of-13757992.php

https://www.law.com/texaslawyer/2019/04/09/commissioners-vote-to-replace-judge-who-inadvertently-resigned-on-facebook/?slreturn=20190410101536
txislandag86
Martin Q. Blank said:

ChipFTAC01 said:

Who is Judge Briones?
Are we sure newly appointed Judge Briones is sufficiently woke?
Ag_07
AG
And Q10 now involved helping momma get out in front of this

Allegations of abuse against stepfather in Maleah Davis case, community activist says

This is turning out about like what we all expected.
Al Bula
AG
What a complete sh t show by two lowlife sh t stains...

The mom indicates her boyfriend molested the little girl but had decided not to marry him because he was sexting other men?!
AustinCountyAg
so mom expects her daughter is being molested, yet doesn't report it to the police OR end her engagement to the dude until she discovers him sending naked pics of himself to other guys???

several things come to mind immediately about the "mom"
1. mom is a dumb *****
2. mom should be in jail
3. the girl stood no chance in life
4. the mom has something to do with her disapperance

FWIW I hope all parties involved burn in hell for this kind of ****
Ag_07
AG
Since we're taking bets on this I'm gonna put a lot of money down that the poor girl was special needs because of drug and/or alcohol use during pregnancy.
Diggity
AG
she was special needs because her brain swelled up due to neglect and/or abuse.

Mom claimed she fell out of a chair.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.