Houston
Sponsored by

Taking bets on the latest child abduction story

33,191 Views | 206 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Ciboag96
Al Bula
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Did 3 opportunistic hispanics really pull over and steal a little girl from the step father who had a popped tire?
Quote:

Police are looking for a missing 5-year-old girl last seen Friday night with her toddler half-brother and step-father, who claimed to have blacked out for nearly 24 hours after three men assaulted him and abducted her.

An Amber Alert was issued Sunday morning for the child, Maleah Davis, who underwent brain surgery in the past two months and is in need of medical care, police said.

The step-father, Darion Vence, told investigators he and the children were on their way to pick up Maleah's mother at Bush Intercontinental Airport around 9 p.m. when he heard a "popping noise." He pulled over at Greens Road near Highway 69 for what he believed was a flat tire, Houston police Sgt. Mark Holbrook said.
https://www.chron.com/houston/article/Police-searching-for-5-year-old-possibly-taken-by-13820560.php

Flashdiaz
AG
"Police do not consider Vence a suspect or person of interest in Maleah's disappearance."

Either the police are lying or they're terrible at their job.
Martin Q. Blank

Quote:

The photo showed an abrasion to Vence's forehead.
Hard to hit yourself in the back of the head.
Jack Cheese
AG
I hope that child is found and ends up in a good home with people who care about her. Some observations:
- he supposedly wandered for hours along hwy 6 with his toddler son before showing up at the hospital. Why?
- child's mother arrived at airport and never reported anything to police even though father and 2 kids couldn't be located?
- child's maternal grandfather and grandmother apparently weren't married (grandmother was in Houston, not at grandfather's funeral), child's parents are not married (mom and dad have different names). I couldn't keep up with all the last names.
- I don't doubt dad was unconscious for an expended period and lost his daughter but I do doubt a roving gang targeting 2011 Nissan Altimas on the freeway was the cause.
drumboy
AG
Easier to get benefits when you're unmarried and have no job than if you're married and husband gets a paycheck.
Waltonloads08
AG
Flashdiaz said:

"Police do not consider Vence a suspect or person of interest in Maleah's disappearance."

Either the police are lying or they're terrible at their job.
They want him to keep talking.
Forum Troll
AG
Wife and I were talking about this last night. Dude's story stinks to high heaven. Its the kind of story you make up right after killing someone, one that is full of holes and inconsistencies but is all you can come up with in a moment of panic.
Waltonloads08
AG
Forum Troll said:

Wife and I were talking about this last night. Dude's story stinks to high heaven. Its the kind of story you make up right after killing someone, one that is full of holes and inconsistencies but is all you can come up with in a moment of panic.

Homeboy probably isn't very bright and this is the best he could do with ample planning time.

His injury even looks self inflicted, like he hit his forehead against a wall.

I hope the boys at Huntsville are feeling particularly bored the week he shows up.
Jack Cheese
AG
I'm shocked - - - SHOCKED - - - to learn that she was removed from the home last year because of abuse, and returned by a judge in February. Her multiple brain surgeries were the result of injuries.

Sounds like that judge may have issued poor Maleah a death sentence.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/05/07/us/maleah-davis-missing-child-protective-services/index.html
Wearer of the Ring
AG
I wonder if the judge is one of the Beto coattail new comers.
TXAG 05
AG
Can easily see this guy being fed up with taking care of this girl with all her surgeries and everything and killing her. Sadly, this girl will not be found alive.
Ag_07
AG
And I'm guessing he saw mom was leaving town and jumped on the opportunity.
Al Bula
AG
Wow the Houston media must be collectively pissed that CNN exposed the dirty secret all the tv stations and the paper have been ignoring: parental child abuse caused the brain damage.

No way some Houston journalist got scooped by a national CNN reporter.
94chem
Cops just want him to keep talking. He'll confess everything if they just get him drunk in a suite at an Astros game (since Texans aren't in pre-season yet). No need to pay for Rockets tickets.
FtBendTxAg
AG
This is heartbreaking. Poor baby girl. If not safe with your own damn parents, where the are you?

What kind of story is that? I don't mean to sound insensitive, but that step dad sounds straight up ret arded. The judge obviously wasnt paying much attention.
FtBendTxAg
AG
Ag_07 said:

And I'm guessing he saw mom was leaving town and jumped on the opportunity.

Her leaving town was an opportunity alright.
For both of them. I don't buy her story either.
Jack Cheese
AG
FtBendTxAg said:

This is heartbreaking. Poor baby girl. If not safe with your own damn parents, where the are you?

You mean "parents". I mean, they keep referring to him as her step father... Is he married to her mom? Did he adopt Maleah? Or is this just some temporary living and/or car-sharing and/or baby-birthing arrangement?

Basically it looks like she left poor injured Maleah with her boyfriend who has no familial relationship whatsoever with the girl, and didn't care enough to notify anyone when he and the kids were missing for more than a day. Dammit.
I Am A Critic
Boo Weekley said:

Jack Cheese said:

I'm shocked - - - SHOCKED - - - to learn that she was removed from the home last year because of abuse, and returned by a judge in February. Her multiple brain surgeries were the result of injuries.

Sounds like that judge may have issued poor Maleah a death sentence.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/05/07/us/maleah-davis-missing-child-protective-services/index.html
Thanks Beto lovers! Great f'n job as always!
And Ted Cruz, Trump, and the GOP. A vote for Beto can be a middle finger to them too. Some people don't like them more than they like Beto.
W
AG
to be fair...do we know the name of the judge?
lunchbox
Shife said:

Wow the Houston media must be collectively pissed that CNN exposed the dirty secret all the tv stations and the paper have been ignoring: parental child abuse caused the brain damage.

I agree with you but I have noticed that the local media was quick to call it an "alleged kidnapping" in their headlines. I think everyone smelled something fishy very early but they had to report something to get the amber alert out there.
Jack Cheese
AG
Shife said:

But supposedly it was determined her brain injuries were the result of "falling", hence the judge sending her back home (and ultimately to her disappearance).
sts7049
AG
i havent seen it, but boo weekley never misses an opportunity
Boo Weekley
sts7049 said:

i havent seen it, but boo weekley never misses an opportunity
Just playing the odds
Ag_07
AG
And it's finally official..

https://www.click2houston.com/news/stepfather-now-person-of-interest-in-case-of-missing-4-year-old-maleah-davis-police-say
W
AG
"3 hispanics in a blue truck" may take its place alongside "white man in a red truck" in Houston crime lore
CDUB98
AG
Little girl is likely deceased.
jobu93
AG
This isn't good and won't end well.
jenn96
AG
No, it won't. I think the only real question at this point is did he kill her deliberately or did he just beat the crap out of her because she was a pain in his worthless ass and the death was an accident. I'm guessing the second due to the utterly implausible story about marauding Mexicans, and the fact that mom came up with an equally implausible story. Poor little girl.
Al Bula
AG
It's clear the Houston chronicle is super happy there is rain, a met gala (don't know wtf that is), a rockets win, derby parties and other things so they don't have to press for more details on a *********scumbag who lost the child of the negligent trash hoe he is banging and likely killed.
Ag_07
AG
Wait...You go to the Chronicle for news?

Jokes on you
Al Bula
AG
Ag_07 said:

Jokes on you
nope I go to Chron.com for the slideshows.
FtBendTxAg
AG
https://www.khou.com/article/news/maleah-davis-stepdads-initial-story-didnt-add-up-sugar-land-police-say/285-2588ebe6-557a-4b10-9ca1-c2aa85ef4dbd

Oh yeah? No sh it
P.H. Dexippus
AG
Here's your judge:

I don't have access to the pleadings but it looks like there was a February 7, 2019 Motion for Monitored Return of the Children to Parent Brittany Bowen. George Clevenger served as guardian ad litem, and I assume, approved/recommended the Court's decision on behalf of the missing girl.
JJxvi
AG
Shife said:

Ag_07 said:

Jokes on you

houstonchronicle.com is the news site, not chron.com
Al Bula
AG
JJxvi said:

Shife said:

Ag_07 said:

Jokes on you

houstonchronicle.com is the news site, not chron.com

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.