Houston
Sponsored by

Tornado warning near Katy

11,709 Views | 105 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by spadilly
Bondag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
ChiliBeans said:

Quote:

Should I unplug the dryer? That's about two inches of water. All my christmas decorations are ruined most likely.

Poor children are being sucked into storm sewers and drowning at this very moment, countless people are stranded and fighting for their very lives, but - OH NO - Swimmer's Christmas decorations might have gotten wet!
Thanks for putting this all into perspective.
They were fixing pot holes and manholes on my street at 10:30 last night in preparation. I heard the back-up alarms on the asphalt truck as the storm started. Those sewers should be ok at least.
GCRanger
AG
Just got on to 610 from 45. Buses being rerouted off 45. Closing in on 2 hours on the bus.
Liquid Wrench
GCRanger said:

Just got on to 610 from 45. Buses being rerouted off 45. Closing in on 2 hours on the bus.
Whatever you do, don't think about needing to use the bathroom. You DONT need to use the bathroom. That coffee can sit just fine in your stomach for another hour. You DONT need to use the bathroom.
Liquid Wrench

Quote:

Also, where are there sewers in Houston? I've only noticed drainage ditches.
Those ditches are part of the system. There actually have been stories about kids playing in those and getting sucked into a pipe. No idea how real or how often.

Most of the city has covered sewers outside of the ghettos and hipster hives.
Ag_07
AG
So when is round 2 coming through?

I need to make sure I can get out of the office and 'work from home' this afternoon.
Buck O Five
AG
Only in Texas: flooding mid week, followed by super dry gale force winds over the weekend, tornado outbreaks, and a critical fire threat!?! next week
Post removed:
by user
MelvinUdall
With this flooding, couldn't they just have played a recording of the floods from May, I mean it is the same locations each time there is a heavy rain?
zgood10
AG
nhayden said:

With this flooding, couldn't they just have played a recording of the floods from May, I mean it is the same locations each time there is a heavy rain?
Totally... handful of stalled cars in Lake Braeswood right now
schmellba99
AG
Morning drive in was awesome this morning - better than a holiday drive in. Quite surprised actually, but no complaints.
aTm2004
AG
Did Bernie Sanders go for a joy ride this morning on his way to Cougar High?
MelvinUdall
zgood10 said:

nhayden said:

The should just run the video footage on a loop and about every 5 years update it as the cars get newer.
Liquid Wrench
zgood10 said:

nhayden said:

Heard people are still turning around at Braeswood and Hillcroft.
zgood10
AG
nhayden said:

zgood10 said:

nhayden said:

The should just run the video footage on a loop and about every 5 years update it as the cars get newer.
Wow people still like mid-2000s Honda Accords
CDUB98
AG
Sinkhole large enough to swallow small cars opened up at Wakefield and Alba. Lovely.

Person who posted pictures to Oak Forest Facebook said one car already was drug out.
Ferris Wheel Allstar
AG
schmellba99 said:

Morning drive in was awesome this morning - better than a holiday drive in. Quite surprised actually, but no complaints.
+1
Texaggie7nine
As long as Catty Corner is still ok.....
7nine
Ferris Wheel Allstar
AG
CDUB98 said:

Sinkhole large enough to swallow small cars opened up at Wakefield and Alba. Lovely.

Person who posted pictures to Oak Forest Facebook said one car already was drug out.
Post a pic here
Al Bula
AG
Ferris Wheel Allstar said:

CDUB98 said:

Post a pic here
This. I tried to join, hoping the correct group, but want to see.
Diggity
AG
Looks like they were already working on the road

CDUB98
AG
Indeed, they were, but I don't think this was part of the IFC drawings.
Boo Weekley
CDUB98 said:

That would never happen in Oak Forest. LOLGardenOaksPoors
jpc08
AG
Boo Weekley said:

CDUB98 said:

That would never happen in Oak Forest. LOLGardenOaksPoors

The GOOF is all just one big barrio.
CDUB98
AG
Don't mess with the GOOF.

Somebody might post a passive-aggressive non-identifying Facebook thread about you!!

The GOOF is serizouz bizdenss.
Ghost91
Memories....

BowSowy
AG
Speaking of that location...can anyone tell me if its still under water at the moment?
Arkyd
AG
This is probably of limited help, but I was last by there around 11ish this morning, and while I couldn't actually see down into the dip to judge water for myself, there did appear to be cars coming through. They were backed up leading up to it though, so the level may have been up but some people were willing to risk it slowly. It's probably gone down further by now, unless it started to rain down there again.
Cromagnum
AG
swimmerbabe11 said:

My backyard

My garage

Should I unplug the dryer? That's about two inches of water. All my christmas decorations are ruined most likely.

Looks like you are about to earn your username.
wessimo
AG
Ghost91 said:

Memories....

My wife said there was a Mini floating there this morning. People never learn.
WorthAg95
AG
CDUB98 said:

Don't mess with the GOOF.

Somebody might post a passive-aggressive non-identifying Facebook thread about you!!

The GOOF is serizouz bizdenss.
I finally got access to this group!
CDUB98
AG
When did you move in? My stocking skills are not very good anymore.
WorthAg95
AG
September. Been working so much, haven't had time to be visible around here.
Oogway
Do any of you all know if Katy-Hockley road floods? I need to pick up someone in that area (well, south of there anyway) and then drive toward Texas Children/MD Anderson. I am concerned I won't be able to see high water easily in the dark. TIA.

Edit to add--driving from 290/BCS to KH road.
cajunaggie08
AG
it can flood, but I didn't think the west burbs got much in terms of flooding today
Buck O Five
AG
I drove Katy Hockley Cutoff* from 529 to I10 this afternoon, and there was no water on the road.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.