Houston
Sponsored by

High-end Watches Locally?

1,786,897 Views | 14955 Replies | Last: 3 hrs ago by TheOC16
PrestigeWorldwideAg12
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Went to Legacy West tonight for dinner and successfully avoided the Watches of Switzerland store.
Sea Speed
AG
Stopped at a Patek AD in Vegas and they don't have a single watch for sale. Not one.
Quo Vadis?
Sea Speed said:

Stopped at a Patek AD in Vegas and they don't have a single watch for sale. Not one.

They actually have a few for sale in Abu Dhabi, but nothing remotely interesting.
suburban cowboy
AG
Sea Speed said:

I've done Vegas, Rome, Capri, Athens, Dubai.

Nada.
Quo Vadis?
Had a major let down in Abu Dhabi. My Rolex salesman told me he had a Platona for me, so I early drove to the Galleria Mall and speed walked to the Rolex boutique to find that he sold it, claiming he thought I said I didn't want it. What that normally means is that some local bigwig came in and wanted it and they couldn't say no.

I was very downhearted and found myself in the IWC next door looking for a fix. I walked out with a Big Pilot petite Prince; with the new special edition blue canvas strap.

Super legible, super big, gorgeous sunburst dial, I always hated the leather strap on it, but this combo is a keeper
BoDog
AG
Sweet watch, but if I understand correctly... you went to buy a Rolex platinum Daytona and walked out with an IWC?

Atleast you saved a little money for a nice dinner that evening!
TarponChaser
Quo Vadis? said:

Had a major let down in Abu Dhabi. My Rolex salesman told me he had a Platona for me, so I early drove to the Galleria Mall and speed walked to the Rolex boutique to find that he sold it, claiming he thought I said I didn't want it. What that normally means is that some local bigwig came in and wanted it and they couldn't say no.

I was very downhearted and found myself in the IWC next door looking for a fix. I walked out with a Big Pilot petite Prince; with the new special edition blue canvas strap.

Super legible, super big, gorgeous sunburst dial, I always hated the leather strap on it, but this combo is a keeper

Looks great but every time I see those posts can't help but think…

Mathguy64
AG
I'm now the prowd owner of a Rolex.

This was Dad's. He worked for Cameron Iron Works and at the time they gave one to everyone who made it 25 years. It's engraved with his name and date. He got it in '88. He gifted it to me today out of the blue.

AgEng06
AG
That's awesome! What a great gift.
nealan
The sentimental value of that makes it a grail watch! Congrats
Mathguy64
AG
Cameron stopped giving anniversary watches either the year after or 2 years after Dad got his.

The deal was everyone got one. It didn't matter if you were a senior engineer or a floor sweep. 25 years in and you got a Rolex. You want to talk about a bunch of pissed off people who were waiting in line and were told "yeah sorry we are cutting costs."
YouBet
AG
Mathguy64 said:

Cameron stopped giving anniversary watches either the year after or 2 years after Dad got his.

The deal was everyone got one. It didn't matter if you were a senior engineer or a floor sweep. 25 years in and you got a Rolex. You want to talk about a bunch of pissed off people who were waiting in line and were told "yeah sorry we are cutting costs."

I got a fossil watch at 15 years. Pretty much the same thing.
ThreeFive
AG
YouBet said:

Mathguy64 said:

Did you resign the following day?
Sea Speed
AG
Plot twist, he owns the company.
SPF250
AG
Mathguy64 said:

About the same time they shut down the employee golf course in Jersey Village. Best deal I ever had while it lasted.
YouBet
AG
ThreeFive said:

YouBet said:

Mathguy64 said:

Did you resign the following day?

Five years later. The RSUs were too good!
Quo Vadis?
BoDog said:

Sweet watch, but if I understand correctly... you went to buy a Rolex platinum Daytona and walked out with an IWC?

Atleast you saved a little money for a nice dinner that evening!

The spirit moved me
Mathguy64
AG
SPF250 said:

Mathguy64 said:

About the same time they shut down the employee golf course in Jersey Village. Best deal I ever had while it lasted.

I grew up playing on that course. In the summer as a kid I would ride my bike there with my clubs on my back.
SPF250
AG
Mathguy64 said:

SPF250 said:

Mathguy64 said:

I grew up playing on that course. In the summer as a kid I would ride my bike there with my clubs on my back.
You a JV guy? I lived there for about 10 years back in the day. ( Apologies to all for the derail.)
Mathguy64
AG
SPF250 said:

Mathguy64 said:

SPF250 said:

Mathguy64 said:

You a JV guy? I lived there for about 10 years back in the day. ( Apologies to all for the derail.)

Grew up on Congo Ln. The east side 2 blocks from the HS. When we lived there the west side of Senate was a cow pasture. Went to good old Post Elementary.
Ed Harley
AG
Mathguy64 said:

I'm now the prowd owner of a Rolex.

This was Dad's. He worked for Cameron Iron Works and at the time they gave one to everyone who made it 25 years. It's engraved with his name and date. He got it in '88. He gifted it to me today out of the blue.

What a fantastic gift. I have many Rolexes, but none with a story like that.
suburban cowboy
AG
Consider giving your arms hairs a trim
Aggie Therapist
AG
That's not nice.

It's okay to be hairy
TP Ag '87
AG
Man, people on this thread can be dicks.
YouBet
AG
Aggie Therapist said:

That's not nice.

It's okay to be hairy

Just glad you aren't a ginger. I would be calling for a permaban otherwise.
suburban cowboy
AG
Have a sense of humor.

I'm talking a trim so we can see the watch better.
Quo Vadis?
I would like to bring in my arm aesthetic consiglieri zgolf83 at this time
Mathguy64
AG
The Sasquatch in me is growing out his winter coat.
Quo Vadis?
New seamaster regatta
BoDog
AG
Please tell me that is someone's attempt at humor... or a troll?
TheVarian
AG
gross
Aggie Therapist
AG
Love the cute little picture of the moon
TarponChaser
So it's a Regatta and I assume the digital portions are a stopwatch/split function and maybe wind, tide, and moon phase? I get it I guess but this just looks bad.

As an aside, whomever posted the stuff about the replica watches, my Gmail is not getting hit with updates from the "replica" sub-Reddit. Thanks a lot a-hole.
AgEng06
AG
Manly arms unite!
Sea Speed
AG

First Page Last Page
Page 423 of 428

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.