Houston
Sponsored by

High-end Watches Locally?

1,784,650 Views | 14950 Replies | Last: 1 hr ago by Quo Vadis?
Quo Vadis?
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Mas89 said:

I have never heard this before. Why can't Muslim men wear gold?

It comes from a few lessons taught by prophets and they get very technical about it

Quote:

Can men wear gold?

It is not permissible for men to wear anything made of gold, whether it is a watch, a ring or anything else.

That is because of the report narrated by Abu Dawud (4057), al-Nasai (5144) and Ibn Majah (3595) from 'Ali ibn Abi Talib (may Allah be pleased with him), according to which the Prophet (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him) took a piece of silk in his right hand and some gold in his left, then he said: "These two are haram for the men of my ummah." Classed as sahih by al-Albani in Sahih Abi Dawud.

Al-Nawawi (may Allah have mercy on him) said in Sharh Muslim (14/32):

"With regard to gold rings, they are haram for men according to scholarly consensus. The same applies if they are part gold and part silver. Our companions said: If the top of the ring is gold or if it is lightly plated with gold, it is haram, because of the general meaning of the hadith concerning silk and gold, "These two are haram for the males of my ummah and halal for the females."

The scholars of the Standing Committee for Issuing Fatwas said:

"If the watch or its band is made of gold , it is not permissible for men to wear it. If it is not made of gold, then it is permissible for men to wear it." Fatawa al-Lajnah al-Daimah, 24/63

Shaykh Ibn 'Uthaymin (may Allah have mercy on him) said:

"There is nothing wrong with gold plated watches for women, but for men they are haram, because the Prophet (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him) forbade gold to the males of his ummah." (Majmu' Fatawa wa Rasail Ibn 'Uthaymin, 11/62)

But if the watch is made of precious stones , not gold, it is permissible for men to wear it, so long as it is not women's jewellery and does not resemble such, and so long as keeping it is not extravagance.

The scholars of the Standing Committee for Issuing Fatwas said:

"Wearing rings is permissible for men if they are made of silver or precious stones, not gold, because of the sahih report from the Prophet (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him), that he wore a ring of silver. (Agreed upon) And it is not permissible for men to wear gold rings or to wear any kind of women's jewellery." (Fatawa al-Lajnah al-Daimah, 24/67)

Is it allowed to make gold watches?

With regard to making gold watches, if they are made for women, it is permissible, but if they are made for men, it is haram, because that comes under the heading of helping the sinner in his sin, and approving of it, and Allah says (interpretation of the meaning):

"Help you one another in Al-Birr and At-Taqwa (virtue, righteousness and piety); but do not help one another in sin and transgression. And fear Allah. Verily, Allah is Severe in punishment." [al-Maidah 5:2].

Is it permissible in Islam to repair watches made of gold?

The same ruling applies to repairing watches made of gold. If it is known or thought most likely that the one who will wear it is a woman, it is permissible to repair them. But if it is known or thought most likely that the one who will wear it is a man, then it is not permissible. The basic principle concerning all of that is that it is not permissible to disobey Allah or to help a sinner in disobeying Allah.

And Allah knows best.

https://islamqa.info/amp/en/answers/148476
bthotugigem05
AG
It's why there are white gold Aggie Rings as well.
YouBet
AG
Sea Speed
AG
1995 Sub in classifieds price reduced to 8K

https://texags.com/forums/50/topics/3387828/replies/68074836#68074836
Serotonin
AG
Two tone
AgLA06
AG
Welcome to the Bluesy club!
Serotonin
AG
AgLA06 said:

Welcome to the Bluesy club!
Haha, I wish.

But Rolex two tones are incredible.
AggieP18
Bump. $8,000 1995 stainless sub
Duck Blind
AG
Serotonin said:

Two tone

Beautiful. I bought a new one in 1998…$4600. Those were the days.

Got a call from my Rolex authorized dealer…a SS black sub with date is there with my name on it. Picking up that baby Friday.
Aggie Therapist
AG
Broke out the Jack Mason this morning.

Think I'm going to wear it for a while.
Quo Vadis?
Aggie Therapist said:

I'm always interested when an indie has legs. The successes are so few and far between but Mason seems to be holding on and increasing. Could be another Christopher Ward
SPF250
AG
Quo Vadis? said:

Aggie Therapist said:

I'm always interested when an indie has legs. The successes are so few and far between but Mason seems to be holding on and increasing. Could be another Christopher Ward
Speaking of CW, it's way out there, but I can't get the Bel Canto out of my mind lately.
Quo Vadis?
SPF250 said:

Quo Vadis? said:

Aggie Therapist said:

Speaking of CW, it's way out there, but I can't get the Bel Canto out of my mind lately.

I don't blame you, it's gorgeous. I have been on the fence myself about it
schmendeler
AG
Speaking of CW, they announced the GMT version of their 300m diver.

https://instagr.am/p/C91ztKYtROg
TP Ag '87
AG
"Available on our website from August 1st at 8:00 am BST."
TheOC16
AG
Doesn't take this thread much to go down a Christopher Ward derailment.
Quo Vadis?
TheOC16 said:

Farmer is currently weeping with a 40,000 threadcount Egyptian cotton bedsheet wrapped tight around his bird neck, tied to the non functional exposed piping in the ceiling of his efficiency, waiting to kick the faux distressed driftwood footstool out under his feet.
SPF250
AG
schmendeler said:

Damn. I have no diver and no GMT. Two birds?
TheOC16
AG
Quo Vadis? said:

TheOC16 said:

Farmer is currently weeping with a 40,000 threadcount Egyptian cotton bedsheet wrapped tight around his bird neck, tied to the non functional exposed piping in the ceiling of his efficiency, waiting to kick the faux distressed driftwood footstool out under his feet.

There's an image.
AgLA06
AG
TheOC16 said:

Quo Vadis? said:

TheOC16 said:

There's an image.
Oddly specific.........
Aggie Therapist
AG
What watch does Tiger Woods wear these days?

Rolex man?
schmendeler
AG
Sounds like your hands are tied, to me
slaughtr
AG
Anyone here a Hot Ones fan?
YouTube celebrity interview videos while they eat increasingly hot, hot wings?
It's kinda a watch extravaganza. Ryan Reynolds was on this episode with a yellow gold Speedmaster. The host wears a yellow gold/stainless steel Tudor, I think. It's almost like the celebrities try to outdo each other with their watches somehow.
schmendeler
AG
The Conan one was fantastic
AggieP18
Deepsea I believe
TheVarian
AG
He's got some nice Rolex's too. Binging with the Babish is another watch guy
Fall92
AG
SPF250 said:

schmendeler said:

Damn. I have no diver and no GMT. Two birds?

https://www.gearpatrol.com/watches/christopher-ward-trident-pro-300-gmt/
"I did nothing. I did absolutely nothing, and it was everything that I thought it could be."
Jugstore Cowboy
AG
My friend sent me this pic of his Audemars Piguet Royal Oak self winding, but I think it would look better with a more vibrant blue disc behind the hands:

Scruffy
AG
Finally I ordered and it came in.
It's not a 20k watch but it's the best I could get.

BQRyno
AG
How do you like it? Have had my eye on a reef gmt for a while.
Quo Vadis?
Beautiful watch
Quo Vadis?
Week 3 in Abu Dhabi, getting tired of being here. Went to go see the new Wolverine/Deadpool movie at the Al Maryah galleria vox today (hilarious and super fun), and bought myself a new 46mm breitling super ocean on rubber. I have been appreciating the way they look and at only $4k it's a lot of fun for not too much.

Scruffy
AG
I've only had it on for about 2 hours but so far I really like it.
It lays nicely on the arm/wrist.
With the fine adjustment capability on the band/strap I'm able to easily fit it as my arm swells/shrinks through the day; unlike my Luminox diver that was pretty much 1 size and sometimes was tight and others was so loose the watch would fall to my hand preventing bending upward and having the crown rub on the back of my hand.

The crown nicely sits without any sharp edges, recessed into the (I don't know what the correct term is), but it's also easy to pull out for setting.

It is noticeably thinner than my Luminox, and feels lighter as well.

In all so far I'm really happy with it.
Coog97
Quo Vadis? said:

Week 3 in Abu Dhabi, getting tired of being here. Went to go see the new Wolverine/Deadpool movie at the Al Maryah galleria vox today (hilarious and super fun), and bought myself a new 46mm breitling super ocean on rubber. I have been appreciating the way they look and at only $4k it's a lot of fun for not too much.

I love the SuperOcean in the green / gold colorway.
“Things weren’t gentle and politically correct in those days. We weren’t candy asses. Okay?”
-Frank Borman

“Who are you to doubt El Dandy? ‘Cause this guy’s a serious professional.”
-Bret Hart
SPF250
AG
Scruffy said:

The crown nicely sits without any sharp edges, recessed into the (I don't know what the correct term is), but it's also easy to pull out for setting.
Crown guard? (Making that up as I go along.)
First Page Last Page
Page 411 of 428

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.