Houston
Sponsored by

High-end Watches Locally?

1,784,252 Views | 14947 Replies | Last: 20 hrs ago by Mathguy64
Red Pear Realty
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Sponsor
AG
https://uscoinsandjewelry.com/item-details-watches/rolex-40mm-milgauss-ref116400gv-watch-and-card-2018/CI129613
Sponsor Message: We Split Commissions. Full Service Agents in Austin, Bryan-College Station, Dallas-Fort Worth, Houston and San Antonio. Red Pear Realty
StockHorseAg
AG
Thank you, I try my best to help out as many people as I can on these forums.
Diggity
AG
StockHorseAg said:

It really is.
Paul Engler was the founder of Cactus Feeders which is the worlds 3rd largest cattle feeding company. Once he retired, he committed to donating $80mil to WTAMU and got two colleges name after him there. The AG College and the Business College. His name is big here in the area.

That explains the Oprah painting!
StockHorseAg
AG
I didn't even see that! That's hilarious!
Sea Speed
AG
Diggity said:

StockHorseAg said:

It really is.
Paul Engler was the founder of Cactus Feeders which is the worlds 3rd largest cattle feeding company. Once he retired, he committed to donating $80mil to WTAMU and got two colleges name after him there. The AG College and the Business College. His name is big here in the area.

That explains the Oprah painting!

Effing perfect.
AgCPA95
AG
StockHorseAg said:

I didn't even see that! That's hilarious!

Haha. Already bid up to $410!
TheVarian
AG
Red Pear Realty said:

https://uscoinsandjewelry.com/item-details-watches/rolex-40mm-milgauss-ref116400gv-watch-and-card-2018/CI129613
AG
Is it possible yet to walk into a dealer and buy a Submariner Date? Or is it still right place right time, get on some magical "list", spend an extra 10k on something you don't need just to have the privilege to purchase
Quo Vadis?
1996 said:

Is it possible yet to walk into a dealer and buy a Submariner Date? Or is it still right place right time, get on some magical "list", spend an extra 10k on something you don't need just to have the privilege to purchase

Doesn't seem possible yet. Seems like right now most of the sports watches can be had, but only the two tone version. Most of the dealers I've spoken to have said that supply is coming back, and even more exciting that Rolex is telling them absolutely not to hold watches for anyone; first come first serve.
BoDog
AG
Quo Vadis? said:

1996 said:

Doesn't seem possible yet. Seems like right now most of the sports watches can be had, but only the two tone version. Most of the dealers I've spoken to have said that supply is coming back, and even more exciting that Rolex is telling them absolutely not to hold watches for anyone; first come first serve.
I'll believe it when I see it....
YouBet
AG
Quo Vadis? said:

1996 said:

There is a reason for that.
htxag09
AG
https://www.walmart.com/ip/5046648140

When did Walmart start selling Rolexes?
schmendeler
AG
"Sold and shipped by Swiss Ice
View seller information"
Aggie Therapist
AG
Walmart.com sells tons of high end stuff utilizing their online store.

Getting their Amazon on bro. Grab a Cartier with your trash bags and paper towels.

htxag09
AG
I have Walmart + and we use it occasionally for groceries and supplies but not hugely familiar with it?

Guess it operates just as a marketplace where others can post/sell goods? Had no idea….
schmendeler
AG
Yep!
Red Pear Realty
Sponsor
AG
If you have the WM credit card you can get 5% off purchases with them online.

With that said, **** Walmart.
Sponsor Message: We Split Commissions. Full Service Agents in Austin, Bryan-College Station, Dallas-Fort Worth, Houston and San Antonio. Red Pear Realty
Aggie Therapist
AG
Who has worse conditions for their employees, Amazon or Walmart?
Marauder Blue 6
AG
YouBet said:

Quo Vadis? said:

1996 said:

And that reason is?
Red Pear Realty
Sponsor
AG
They both suck.
YouBet
AG
Marauder Blue 6 said:

YouBet said:

Quo Vadis? said:

1996 said:

And that reason is?
Two tone watches are gross. And the market backs me up...because they are available.

Side note: that 3 toned gold, blue, black band Rolex at Wal-Mart is one of the most hideous watches I've seen in some time. Is that a real Rolex? Someone would have to pay me $4,500 to wear that in public.
Zobel
AG
Bro
YouBet
AG
Zobel said:

Bro
I know. It's my hot sports opinion on here and I'll die on this hill. I realize it pits me against the majority.
ChemAg15
AG
You're just not sporty. It's fine. We get it.
YouBet
AG
ChemAg15 said:

You're just not sporty. It's fine. We get it.
I have a Garmin fenix.
JSKolache
AG
Marauder Blue 6 said:

TulaneAg said:

FTAC... Do you have any Tudor dealers discounting the Pelagos FXD M25717N-0001 model?

My old 80's Seamaster is acting up again after being repaired a few times. I think it's time to retire it from the regular rotation and find a replacement and I'm still loving this Pelagos FXD after looking at it for a year.

I really wish they'd add a titanium oyster style band to this model.
FXD = strap only. If you want bracelet get a non FXD.
Quo Vadis?
YouBet said:

Marauder Blue 6 said:

YouBet said:

Quo Vadis? said:

1996 said:

And that reason is?
Two tone watches are gross. And the market backs me up...because they are available.

Side note: that 3 toned gold, blue, black band Rolex at Wal-Mart is one of the most hideous watches I've seen in some time. Is that a real Rolex? Someone would have to pay me $4,500 to wear that in public.

HAH! I thought you were referring to the fact that Muslim men can't wear Gold so they sit around here in the Middle East. I actually like two tone watches. My Aggie ring is yellow Gold and my wedding ring is white gold, so two tone actually goes well with my ensemble.

There are also some watches that I think look better in two tone than in full gold, like the RootBeer GMT, and DJ
Sea Speed
AG
Root beer is the first one that comes to mind as looking great in two tone.
StockHorseAg
AG
There's 50min left on the auction and that watch is sitting at $33k.
FTAco07
AG
On leather that piece isn't worth more than 35-40k
FTAC2011
AG
I was thinking 45-50k but it finished at 60k with a 15% buyer fee… so 72k due
Red Pear Realty
Sponsor
AG
People get stupid at auctions.
Mas89
AG
I have never heard this before. Why can't Muslim men wear gold?
Sea Speed
AG
Speaking of getting crazy at auctions.

ETA commentary not mine.
BBRex
AG
I think there are different interpretations on that, but that is supposedly why there is a non-gold option for the Aggie ring.
First Page Last Page
Page 410 of 428

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.