Houston
Sponsored by

High-end Watches Locally?

1,784,652 Views | 14950 Replies | Last: 1 hr ago by Quo Vadis?
planoaggie123
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Good looking watch! Enjoy!
TheOC16
AG
MontanaAG406 said:

Made my first high end watch purchase today. Huge shoutout to FTAC2011 for the help. Couldn't have gone any smoother!

Hey, my first high end watch purchase was a two-tone datejust from FTAC2011 too!
AgEng06
AG
TheOC16 said:

MontanaAG406 said:

Made my first high end watch purchase today. Huge shoutout to FTAC2011 for the help. Couldn't have gone any smoother!

Hey, my first high end watch purchase was a two-tone datejust from FTAC2011 too!

My second high-end watch was the same (and also from FTAC)!

nealan
My first …
Daytona22
AG
Lots of Batman/batgirl combos.
Sea Speed
AG
Out to some fine Brazilian dining last night with my "slowly turning in to a potato for no reason" cell phone last night.
Terminus Est
nealan said:

My first …

For a second I saw that as a mesh steel dive bracelet and was like "that is the worse combo I've ever seen"
nealan
Yeah, that would be bad
TheOC16
AG
Where's the bourbon thread? (I know a lot of you frequent it.) About to open my first bottle of expensive whiskey - a gift from a client we've been saving to celebrate a company milestone that just took place.
FTAC2011
AG
https://texags.com/forums/67/topics/1930546
TheOC16
AG
Don't have a wrist pic tonight, but a pocket pic. Wouldn't have been something I'd have pursued myself, but my dad gifted this for Christmas. He knows I'm into watches and wanted to find something that I'd appreciate. We're at a wedding together and I'll wearing a waistcoat, so thought it was the appropriate time to bust it out.

I'll take a Christmas gift that somebody put some thought into over an Amazon giftcard every day of the week.
Mateo84
AG
TheOC16 said:

Don't have a wrist pic tonight, but a pocket pic. Wouldn't have been something I'd have pursued myself, but my dad gifted this for Christmas. He knows I'm into watches and wanted to find something that I'd appreciate. We're at a wedding together and I'll wearing a waistcoat, so thought it was the appropriate time to bust it out.

I'll take a Christmas gift that somebody put some thought into over an Amazon giftcard every day of the week.

I think that's great! Especially as a gift and something most people would never buy for themselves.
schmendeler
AG
Should be a diver
GAC06
AG
Yet another satisfied customer of FTAC2011

nealan
Nice !
TulaneAg
I got my Seamsater back from my FIL a few weeks ago...he borrowed it for a few years until he got a new watch. Welcome home buddy!

nealan
I wish I could wait a few years to get a new watch
TulaneAg
He's mid 70's and the plan was for him to just keep it until he didn't need a watch anymore and I'd get it back. But his kids bought him a beautiful Invicta for Christmas so he gave me mine back....a little reluctantly.
nealan
ashleyschaeffer
Picked up an older reference this weekend. Hard to tell from the pictures but the hands and indices are a real nice blue. As a next step, I'd like to swap out the bezel for the blue Gemini if I can find one.

I like it on the Artem strap as well

schmendeler
AG
Good looking watch!
Sea Speed
AG
Dogging that omega, that blue is wonderful. I would love an older Omega as my 'beater' watch. 40th coming up so wouldn't mind one from 1984. Something like this would be awesome but buying a watch from lithuania is sketchy ha

https://www.chrono24.com/omega/seamaster-pre-bond--id29782050.htm
Thunderstruck xx
This seems to be where all the texags watch experts hang out. Does anyone here know a reputable place in San Antonio that can service a Swiss watch movement?

TarponChaser
I'm not usually big on the Speedies (the bezel doesn't look as robust as I like) that's a great looking Omega. And if you were able to get a blue bezel on there it would look even more amazing. Especially with that Artem strap.
YouBet
AG
Thunderstruck xx said:

This seems to be where all the texags watch experts hang out. Does anyone here know a reputable place in San Antonio that can service a Swiss watch movement?

Now that you found this thread we have an NDA for you to sign....
Terminus Est
Thunderstruck xx said:

San Antonio.....is that the one next to Juarez?
jh0400
AG
I ordered this blue leather strap from The Strap Tailor for a different watch and was never really happy with how it looked. Randomly a few weeks ago I decided to give it a go on my CW C63 Sealander, and I really like the look. Also, I still think that from a QPR standpoint CW is hard to beat.
AgLA06
AG
Looks sharp.

Great subtle accent from the orange on the dial.

Hey farmer. Astros watch?
spadilly
S
Must be CW day.
schmendeler
AG
They really nailed it with the 300. I have the 600 and I would def swap it for one of these.
Fall92
AG
I'll play. Very happy with my CWs.
Edit- zoom in to see the undulations on the face.
"I did nothing. I did absolutely nothing, and it was everything that I thought it could be."
TulaneAg
Vegas baby!
rcb
AG
Howdy all. I've followed this thread for a long time with great admiration. Y'all have some beautiful time pieces and amazing knowledge. I've not had anything to share myself until recently. Sadly, my dad '62 passed away in November at age 83, so I'm sad but proud to share his beloved Rolex which has now passed on to me.

I'm not sure the age exactly. The original box and paperwork were lost in a fire unfortunately. I believe it's about 45 years old.

His first Rolex he purchased from my uncle who was working at Zale's in Manor East Mall of all places. They happened to have a couple of Presidential at Christmas time. Mom thinks he paid around $2,000 in probably mid 1970s. Well it was stolen when our townhome in Memorial Club, over near Stratford HS was robbed a couple years later. Luckily it was insured and he replaced it with this one he bought at Sweeney's Jewelry in Town and Country. He really loved it and wore it proudly for so many years.

He hadn't worn it as much in the past few years as he was in a nursing facility but he had it serviced for $1,000 at David Gardners in CS not long before he stopped wearing it. It seems to be in great shape but I'm of course a novice. Anyhow, I've been meaning to share with you guys, but it's been hard. I still can't believe he's gone. I know he would be happy to share it with fellow Aggies who would appreciate it. Thanks for listening. Gig'em!

schmendeler
AG
Very cool! How does it keep time? If it was serviced not too long ago i imagine it's still running like a champ.
BBRex
AG
Man, that is gorgeous! That style is probably my favorite Rolex.
First Page Last Page
Page 372 of 428

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.