Houston
Sponsored by

High-end Watches Locally?

1,784,641 Views | 14950 Replies | Last: 1 hr ago by Quo Vadis?
Ed Harley
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Beautiful. My grandfather bought almost the exact same watch around the same time. Cherish it.
rcb
AG
It's been keeping time real well. I try to wear it around the house at least an hour or so everyday to keep it wound. Haven't mustered up the courage to wear it out and about yet, other than in Aggieland. It's a shame you have to think of safety and such these days.
rcb
AG
Thanks, I absolutely will cherish it.

On another note, would anyone have any suggestions here in Houston to have it appraised so I can insure it? Thanks.
schmendeler
AG
I think most people would assume it's just gold-colored and thus not worth stealing.
Farmer1906
AG
schmendeler said:

I think most people would assume it's just gold-colored and thus not worth stealing.

The weird hate some have for gold on this thread is puzzling.

Yet yall drool over some plastic straps
schmendeler
AG
I would love a gold watch. Specifically a yellow gold day date. But I think you have to admit that a REAL gold watch is pretty rare these days. I'm guessing 90% of the gold colored watches out there contain zero real gold. Which is my point.
nealan
Yep, yellow gold day/date is my ultimate IDGAF old man watch. Some day…
SPF250
AG
I wanted a yellow gold watch to match my wedding band and Aggie ring. So, I bought a vintage gold capped Omega Constellation.
rcb
AG
Well, my dad definitely DGAF, and I try to carry on his legacy. And I am almost 57, so your post checks out.
TulaneAg
My wife was in Houston today and bought herself a used Roadster. Hobby is 2x expensive when your wife likes watches too...
TheOC16
AG
Next two planned watch purchases are: 1) for my fiance and 2) for my fiance and I to share.
TheOC16
AG
SPF250 said:

I wanted a yellow gold watch to match my wedding band and Aggie ring. So, I bought a vintage gold capped Omega Constellation.

Must have missed this yesterday, but I love that watch. What size is it? Bet it was (relatively) budget friendly to.
SPF250
AG
TheOC16 said:

SPF250 said:

Must have missed this yesterday, but I love that watch. What size is it? Bet it was (relatively) budget friendly to.
Definitely budget friendly compared to a solid gold 40mm. It's from 1963 and 35mm. Think it was in the neighborhood of $3,500 a couple of years ago. They are readily available.
TXAG 05
AG
TulaneAg said:

My wife was in Houston today and bought herself a used Roadster. Hobby is 2x expensive when your wife likes watches too...

My wife really wants one of the pink roadsters, but it's a lot of money for a quartz watch for someone who wears their apple watch 95% of the time
zgolfz85
AG
TXAG 05 said:

TulaneAg said:

My wife really wants one of the pink roadsters, but it's a lot of money for a quartz watch for someone who wears their apple watch 95% of the time
I got my wife a couple of fancy apple watch bands....much cheaper than a fancy watch
TXAG 05
AG
zgolfz85 said:

TXAG 05 said:

TulaneAg said:

I got my wife a couple of fancy apple watch bands....much cheaper than a fancy watch

For sure. I wouldn't have a problem pulling the trigger if she'd actually wear the damn thing instead of sitting in the drawer most of the time.
Ducks4brkfast
AG
TXAG 05 said:

zgolfz85 said:

TXAG 05 said:

TulaneAg said:

For sure. I wouldn't have a problem pulling the trigger if she'd actually wear the damn thing instead of sitting in the drawer most of the time.
Same. My wife won't wear anything but an apple watch but does love stacking love bracelets.
jh0400
AG
I've tried to get my wife to look at getting a nice watch to replace her Citizen but haven't been successful. She's mentioned that she isn't interested in having to reset it every time she decides not to wear it for a few days, and as much as I like the look of a Panthere I can't get there on spending $5,000 on a quartz watch.
Diggity
AG
buy her a $50 winder
jh0400
AG
"I don't want a bunch of clutter on my nightstand."

Unfortunately my realtor didn't advise me to look for a house with power outlets in the master closet.
zgolfz85
AG
Diggity said:

buy her a $50 winder

I'm of the opinion that our wives not being into watches is a good thing. Buying upgraded bracelets for an Apple Watch leaves more $ for us to feed our disease.
PrestigeWorldwideAg12
jh0400 said:

Unfortunately my realtor didn't advise me to look for a house with power outlets in the master closet.
Look at Mozsly Watch Winders. You can get a double for like $120 or something. It also takes batteries.

There! Now you are out of excuses!
Diggity
AG
jh0400 said:

ha...I had the same problem. I ran some conduit through the wall behind my dresser in the closet and fed into the outlet in the game room. Pretty fancy!

As far as those Cartier dress watches. I wouldn't stress about the quartz. Those watches are beautiful, and you're basically buying a fine piece of jewelry with Cartier. The mechanics are mostly secondary.
TarponChaser
jh0400 said:

I've tried to get my wife to look at getting a nice watch to replace her Citizen but haven't been successful. She's mentioned that she isn't interested in having to reset it every time she decides not to wear it for a few days, and as much as I like the look of a Panthere I can't get there on spending $5,000 on a quartz watch.
20 years ago I bought my wife, then fiance, a relatively nice watch. It's been so long I can't remember the brand but I spent close to $1000 on it. For us at the time that was a big chunk of money for a watch.

She almost never wore it because she just doesn't often wear a watch and on our honeymoon she left it in the resort room safe along with a pair of earring she borrowed from her best friend because they must have somehow gotten underneath that crappy little piece of outdoor carpet that goes in all resort safes and she missed them when packing up to leave so that stuff was gone forever.

Now she has an Apple watch that she only wears occasionally. Usually just when exercising or when she has to go into the office.

I've mentioned getting her something similar to that Cartier above and she has zero interest whatsoever.
panag
AG
Wish my wife was the same, that would mean more money for me to spend on watches and fly rods.
BBRex
AG
How are you liking that Nomos Glashutte?
BroncStomper06
AG
Just got this Glashutte Original Senator Hand Date on Wednesday. This was a milestone watch for me and I'm definitely loving it.

schmendeler
AG
Caseback/movement view?
SPF250
AG
Very nice.
jh0400
AG
Still happy with it.
BroncStomper06
AG
schmendeler said:

Caseback/movement view?

nealan
Beauty
schmendeler
AG
Nice! Thanks!
BBRex
AG
Man, that's nice.
Sea Speed
AG
That is a really good looking watch.
First Page Last Page
Page 373 of 428

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.