Houston
Sponsored by

High-end Watches Locally?

1,751,133 Views | 14849 Replies | Last: 1 day ago by Quo Vadis?
Farmer1906
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
One of Tags' issues is that they have too many flavors that come and go. The Gulf Monaco is iconic, but they tweak it every so often.
FHKChE07
AG
I don't like most of the Gulf Monacos. A lot of them are waaaaaay too much. I like mine and I got lucky that I bought it when I did. At the time, I didn't realize that it wouldn't be available forever.
Trek Strategy
Sponsor
AG
Hey guys and gals. There are some gals around here, right?

I would love to get your thoughts on our completely re-designed store. We've been working on this for months and have also recently hired some SEO and Social Ads guys to get a better presence within search and social.

Anyways, as people who shop for watches a lot, I would love to know what you think of the new design. We still only have the one watch (for now) but we decided to create more of an experience that I think will lead to better sales and more options. We also decided to sell all of our components as separate items.

If you get a minute, help a fellow Ag out and let me know your honest opinion. (bracing for impact) Thanks!

Wasson Watch New Shop

By the way, 27 people have ordered the "Aggie Watch".
Trek Strategy - Every Journey Needs a Guide
Farmer1906
AG
Looks great. My only feedback would be you don't have a picture of the watch face head-on.

Once you add more models and selections, a filter would be nice.
zgolfz85
AG
Surely there are some fellow rangers fans in here?
zgolfz85
AG
^ I say that knowing it started in the Houston forum, but this thread has exploded well beyond h tine I'm thinking
Farmer1906
AG
zgolfz85 said:

There are a million teams with red and blue as their colors. I know orange and blue isn't rare (Mets, Gators, Knicks, Auburn), but I feel like and red and blue watches would be associated with America or Pepsi or about a dozen teams before the Rangers.
AgLA06
AG
zgolfz85 said:

No.

This thread is about having taste.
zgolfz85
AG
AgLA06 said:

zgolfz85 said:

No.

I will burn this thread to the ground! jk

I've already thrown out too many astros digs this week. I'm officially still traumatized from 2010/11...not sure if my heart can take this ALCS
Ducks4brkfast
AG
Duh
Trek Strategy
Sponsor
AG
zgolfz85 said:

AgLA06 said:

zgolfz85 said:

No.

I've already thrown out too many astros digs this week. I'm officially still traumatized from 2010/11...not sure if my heart can take this ALCS
I'm with you. I can still see flashes of Nelson's alligator arms while I"m awake.
Trek Strategy - Every Journey Needs a Guide
YouBet
AG
Trek Strategy said:

zgolfz85 said:

AgLA06 said:

zgolfz85 said:

No.

I'm with you. I can still see flashes of Nelson's alligator arms while I"m awake.
I don't really give a damn about baseball and this still pisses me off. I swear he was paid off.
zgolfz85
AG
Trek Strategy said:

zgolfz85 said:

AgLA06 said:

zgolfz85 said:

No.

It was quite possibly the least athletic play in baseball history
DVC2010
AG
I've been more than happy with my creamsicle on game days, but I guess I prefer a more understated look than you and Farmer.
jh0400
AG
A coworker has one of these as his daily, and I've always thought it is a great Astros watch.

schmendeler
AG
More like an Astros' watch amirite
PrestigeWorldwideAg12
Anyone here ever had a problem with Jomashop?
gigemags87
AG
$50k daily driver? Gimme a break.
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
All I've bought from them was a gshock but no issues. What happened?
jh0400
AG
Closer to $25.
PrestigeWorldwideAg12
Charismatic Megafauna said:

Nothing. Actually been considering getting watch #2 on there. Still gotta get watch #1 first. aside from contact on here, the AD for Breitling and Omega I've been chatting with worked for Jomashop before where he currently is and even speaks highly of them.

Gray market makes me drag my feet extra I suppose.
Trek Strategy
Sponsor
AG
PrestigeWorldwideAg12 said:

Charismatic Megafauna said:

Nothing. Actually been considering getting watch #2 on there. Still gotta get watch #1 first. aside from contact on here, the AD for Breitling and Omega I've been chatting with worked for Jomashop before where he currently is and even speaks highly of them.

Gray market makes me drag my feet extra I suppose.
Jomashop is the largest non-branded retail shop in the US. ebay runs the largest pre-owned business in the US.
Terminus Est
So kind of a cool watch story, I had lunch with my "famous friend" the one that I have Mr. Nusret "Salt Bae" Gokce at his restaurant at the four seasons in Dubai. I first met him at the Dubai Mall Patek boutique in 2017 after he had first got noticed by the public. He had just signed a residency agreement at the 4 seasons and was buying his solid gold Patek. He had just gotten into watches and we were discussing the various types of watches we like, the perils and pitfalls of the small businessman and the like, we traded phone numbers and I let him know whenever I was at one of his restaurants.

I had managed to meet him for lunch once in Istanbul a few years ago, but was also pleasantly surprised he was here and was able to have lunch with him again this afternoon in Dubai. He is a huge watch guy and is able to "skip the line" for anything he wants. Really down to earth and humble as well.
BoDog
AG
Very cool story but I am failing to see why you have to keep his identity a secret-especially when you are on the other side of the world?
nealan
Terminus Est
No dice on the watches so far, probably going to leave empty handed unless I see something in the airport duty free I like on my way out.

I was really impressed by the Chopard Alpine Eagle XL Chrono. This pic doesn't do it Justice the steel is insane. It's the Chopard proprietary "a223 lucent steel" which has a luster similar to platinum and is nearly unscratchable (sounds a lot like O-mega steel).

Very impressive movement; Flyback Chrono, 60 hours power reserve, COSC, vertical clutch column wheel, and made in house.

I had gotten the nice lady down to 15% off of MSRP plus the additional 5% duty rebate at the airport but that's a pain in the ass. I told her I would buy it at 25% off but she couldn't do it so we parted ways. It is a great watch but I think I little expensive at $19,600.
drmwvr
AG
Wait, Omega steel is unscratchable?

YouBet
AG
I was about to ask if it was made of Mandalorian Armor. I want one if so.
Terminus Est
drmwvr said:

Wait, Omega steel is unscratchable?

The new "o-mega" steel is. I believe it's only on the ultra deep right now
drmwvr
AG
Just messing with you!
AgLA06
AG
Question for you NATO guys. What do you do with straps too long. I've been folding it under, but can't stand the excess. Should I just cut it to length?
AgEng06
AG
Either fold it under or cut to length (be sure to burn the end so it doesn't fray).
ChipFTAC01
AG
AgLA06 said:

Question for you NATO guts. What do you do with straps too long. I've been folding it under, but can't stand the excess. Should I just cut it to length?

I pretty much wore Natos daily for a decade and I always just folded it over. A few times I tried to trim them and I was never happy when I melted the strap to control the Fringe.
FTAC2011
AG
Tuck it the other way
Diggity
AG
Agreed. Don't want to "Buffalo Bill" it

First Page Last Page
Page 352 of 425

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.