Houston
Sponsored by

High-end Watches Locally?

1,750,333 Views | 14849 Replies | Last: 20 hrs ago by Quo Vadis?
AgLA06
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Awesome watch man! That's great!!
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
So pretty!
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
I posted about this model quite a while ago, couldn't get it out of my head and finally got my hands on one. Latest addition to the "very economical, eclectic, titanium watch collection"
Not MarathonAg12
Dies Irae said:

Zobel said:

wired mouses never leave you stranded with dead batteries.

a person who wears a mechanical watch should get that
Wired is good, wired is reliable, if it doesn't work you can always swing it around and hit someone with it.
I have never been allowed to use a wireless keyboard or mouse. It is strictly forbidden in the Army.

Plug a flash drive into your govt laptop and the terrorists win.
zgolfz85
AG
Not MarathonAg12 said:

Dies Irae said:

Zobel said:

wired mouses never leave you stranded with dead batteries.

a person who wears a mechanical watch should get that
Wired is good, wired is reliable, if it doesn't work you can always swing it around and hit someone with it.
I have never been allowed to use a wireless keyboard or mouse. It is strictly forbidden in the Army.

Plug a flash drive into your govt laptop and the terrorists win.

So by notmarathonag12, you definitely mean totally am marathonag12?
panag
AG
Thanks!
YouBet
AG
Why, yes, I am highly jealous of this. Thank your for asking.
TheOC16
AG
It's hard to imagine the multitude of things that would have to change in my life to the point my wife would ever purchase me a JLC.
nealan
Me too. Mostly money
Not MarathonAg12
TheOC16 said:

It's hard to imagine the multitude of things that would have to change in my life to the point my wife would ever purchase me a JLC.
Let's just say those changes would lead to you not having a wife anymore.
panag
AG
Not MarathonAg12 said:

TheOC16 said:

Let's just say those changes would lead to you not having a wife anymore.

The key is to ask for a Porsche. Makes the JLC seem like a nice middle ground.
jh0400
AG
Fingers crossed it works. I've been telling my wife I'm going to start researching depreciation trends for various year 911s to try to find one I can buy and drive occasionally for a year or two.

Maybe I can convince her that a Calatrava Pilot Travel Time is a better use of money.
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
Por que no los dos?
https://www.hodinkee.com/articles/for-owners-only-porsche-design-chronograph-1-911-st
Dies Irae
Awesome new dress watch release from Frdrique Constant. I love what these guys are doing with watches at an entry level price point.

68 hour power reserve, Breguet hands, 26 jewels, exhibition caseback, all for $1900. There's a lot to like here

https://frederiqueconstant.com/watches/collection/classics/classics_premiere/fc-301swr3b6/
Farmer1906
AG
Feel the same about their entry entry level?

Only $306 on Amazon and you don't even have to wind it.

Dies Irae
Farmer1906 said:

Feel the same about their entry entry level?

Only $306 on Amazon and you don't even have to wind it.

okay, does that look as good? no. Is that even a better deal given the price? yes. that's incredible.
BCO07
AG
That's really damn good looking. The black face is great as well
AgLA06
AG
You in a bad mood today?

You should be happy. Astros are back in first place.
Farmer1906
AG
Not at all. FC is just a budget brand. They fill their niche, I guess.

If they stopped borrowing designs from more well-known pieces and putting out a bunch of smart watches and quartz movements, I think they could become something special in the under 5K space.
Coog97
Anyone going to Watchtemberfest at Zadok on 9/9???
“Things weren’t gentle and politically correct in those days. We weren’t candy asses. Okay?”
-Frank Borman

“Who are you to doubt El Dandy? ‘Cause this guy’s a serious professional.”
-Bret Hart
Dies Irae
Coog97 said:

I think I'm chloroforming Schmendler outside of that, actually. I could possibly fit in 2
Sea Speed
AG
Dies Irae said:

Coog97 said:

I think I'm chloroforming Schmendler outside of that, actually. I could possibly fit in 2

Who needs to jug someone when you can just rob a watch party
schmendeler
AG
You're so romantic
TheOC16
AG
If any of you are last minute looking for a gameday watch, I may have something for you.

This came in last week. For those of you junkies who have to have maroon in every piece of clothing, underwear, and accessory you can throw this thing on a maroon NATO and be ready to rock. However, I love the way the natural tones interplay with an antiqued Aggie ring:

Currently on a high end aftermarket Rubber B, which is my personal favorite way to wear it. But it also comes with the OEM leather and NATO straps as well. Full kit, 2021 warranty card.

TexAgs only price of $2,400. This condition and all the strap options, I'd sell for higher to a non-Ag. Otherwise, this is what I'll be rocking at Kyle this year.
I Am A Critic
Why is everyone's first instinct to trash a watch by putting a NATO strap on it?
Username checks out.
FTAco07
AG
Wife's idea to pose for and take this picture at dinner last night. Her training is going well.

TheOC16
AG
I Am A Critic said:

Why is everyone's first instinct to trash a watch by putting a NATO strap on it?
Username checks out.

That's obviously not everyone's first instinct. In fact I think it's a minority of the enthusiast community. Though typically a passionate subsection.

I have worn a NATO exactly once and it quickly confirmed what I had always previously thought - that I do not like NATO whatsoever. But everyone's got their own style. Many things out there I don't like that others love - Panerai, NATO, moonphases, etc. Part of what makes any type of collecting great is the different tastes we all have.
Serotonin
AG
I Am A Critic said:

It's a dive watch bro

I think it's a lot more fitting than a leather strap on a dive watch (NTTAWTT)
spadilly
S
Honestly, if I'm going to be outside in the heat at Kyle, I'd much rather have a NATO on.

That said, my Kyle Field in September days are pretty much over now with kids and not caring for the heat.
jh0400
AG
In the heat I prefer rubber or sailcloth to NATO.
GarlandAg2012
AG
TheOC16 said:

If any of you are last minute looking for a gameday watch, I may have something for you.

This came in last week. For those of you junkies who have to have maroon in every piece of clothing, underwear, and accessory you can throw this thing on a maroon NATO and be ready to rock. However, I love the way the natural tones interplay with an antiqued Aggie ring:

Currently on a high end aftermarket Rubber B, which is my personal favorite way to wear it. But it also comes with the OEM leather and NATO straps as well. Full kit, 2021 warranty card.

TexAgs only price of $2,400. This condition and all the strap options, I'd sell for higher to a non-Ag. Otherwise, this is what I'll be rocking at Kyle this year.
Damn I want that really bad. I should probably get my Aggie ring resized so it would fit though.
Dies Irae
Tudor.
So hot right now
Tudor
TheOC16
AG
What are your thoughts on this vs. the Rolex Root Beer?

I've been tempted to pick up one of these Tudor versions, but something never seems to sit quite right with me on them. I can't quite put my finger on it, but the coloring somehow seems a bit off.

I know that's vague but I struggle to articulate what it is in this design that throws me off.
Dies Irae
TheOC16 said:

What are your thoughts on this vs. the Rolex Root Beer?

I've been tempted to pick up one of these Tudor versions, but something never seems to sit quite right with me on them. I can't quite put my finger on it, but the coloring somehow seems a bit off.

I know that's vague but I struggle to articulate what it is in this design that throws me off.

I have owned both and will say I like this one better. This is a heck of a lot of watch for $4k. The Rolex one is very very nice but I feel like this one is much more proportionate for a larger wrist
TheOC16
AG
Hot take alert
First Page Last Page
Page 339 of 425

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.