Houston
Sponsored by

High-end Watches Locally?

1,750,348 Views | 14849 Replies | Last: 20 hrs ago by Quo Vadis?
Dies Irae
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Zobel said:

wired mouses never leave you stranded with dead batteries.

a person who wears a mechanical watch should get that
Wired is good, wired is reliable, if it doesn't work you can always swing it around and hit someone with it.
AgLA06
AG
or you could just keep some batteries and a wired mouse in a drawer as a backup like a normal person.
Irish 2.0
AgLA06 said:

or you could just keep some batteries and a wired mouse in a drawer as a backup like a normal person.
Anyone that legit trades won't have a wired mouse or keyboard. I don't because that dwindling battery cost me a good bit of $$$$ when I first started.
BBRex
AG
That's so over the top that I actually like it. But you're right -- there probably aren't many places to wear it to.
YouBet
AG
Zobel said:

wired mouses never leave you stranded with dead batteries.

a person who wears a mechanical watch should get that

It's a desk mouse. Zero reason for it to be wired.

Mine has a cord. I plug it in to my keyboard for about 20 min when it needs juice which is about every two weeks.

Then I put cord away.
AgLA06
AG
Irish 2.0 said:

AgLA06 said:

Anyone that legit trades won't have a wired mouse or keyboard. I don't because that dwindling battery cost me a good bit of $$$$ when I first started.
Eye roll.
FHKChE07
AG
I charge mine every 6 months at most. Keep using it while it charges. Plus it goes across all my computers.
Project Gemini
AG
Rockin that OOTP on a Friday too
Dies Irae
Project Gemini said:

Rockin that OOTP on a Friday too
absolute ootp junkie
Project Gemini
AG
We might be the same person. Do you golf?
Dies Irae
Project Gemini said:

Only 3-4 times a week. Where do you golf? I have a membership at Houston Oaks
TheOC16
AG
Once you realize how comfortable it is to sit your keyboard in your lap and kick your feet up on your desk while you browse TexAgs, you will never go back to wired.
Project Gemini
AG
I live next to Memorial and walk it every week or two but spend a lot of time at Horseshoe Bay so more rounds get played up there, Summit or Ram mostly.
Dies Irae
Nice. If you ever are in the far NW and want to play at Oaks let me know
Project Gemini
AG
You're on. Another successful TexAgs hookup.
YouBet
AG
Project Gemini said:

BCO07
AG
I have to report a damn sonic drink
Dies Irae
BCO07 said:

I have to report a damn sonic drink

Helmerich and Payne are one of my larger customers, and a more squared away company in the oil patch you will not find. They have an extremely strict anti-corruption policy, and after they visited my factory I tried to take them out to lunch and they said

"Listen, we would love to but honestly, we would have to sit at a different table then you were at and pick up our own check"

ChemAg15
AG
Thats so embarrassing for those guys. Good grief
BCO07
AG
Wow, that's pathetic
TXAG 05
AG
It's like the city inspectors for construction. They aren't allowed to even take a bottle of water.
BoDog
AG
TXAG 05 said:

It's like the city inspectors for construction. They aren't allowed to even take a bottle of water.
Ha ha. I have worked with plenty of the old school guys who are very happy to "work with you" if you know what I mean. Of course, they have to know and trust you pretty well though.
Mas89
TXAG 05
AG
BoDog said:

TXAG 05 said:

Ha ha. I have worked with plenty of the old school guys who are very happy to "work with you" if you know what I mean. Of course, they have to know and trust you pretty well though.

Same, but those guys are getting pretty few and far between. Too many new guys these days.
jh0400
AG
Currently on a cruise in Greece, and the number of nice watches I've seen on board is impressive. Lots of DJs and Subs with more than a handful of Starbucks. Highlight was a rose gold RO. First time seeing one of those. Also, the new bracelet on the Seamaster Aqua Terra 38 looks great in person.

ETA: Richard Branson doesn't wear a watch. I guess at some point you're rich enough that the time is no longer a constraint on your day.
AgLA06
AG
jh0400 said:

Currently on a cruise in Greece, and the number of nice watches I've seen on board is impressive. Lots of DJs and Subs with more than a handful of Starbucks. Highlight was a rose gold RO. First time seeing one of those. Also, the new bracelet on the Seamaster Aqua Terra 38 looks great in person.

ETA: Richard Branson doesn't wear a watch. I guess at some point you're rich enough that the time is no longer a constraint on your day.
He didn't buy a watch to know what time it is. He bought assistants to manage his schedule and tell him.
panag
AG
Neat thread. Didn't realize I was a watch guy until recently when my wife bought me a limited edition blue JLC master control date for my first Father's Day. I've always had a 1970's monotone DJ on Jubilee that my grandfather left me when he passed but neat to have another options some days.

Some very cool timepieces on this thread!
Dies Irae
panag said:

Neat thread. Didn't realize I was a watch guy until recently when my wife bought me a limited edition blue JLC master control date for my first Father's Day. I've always had a 1970's monotone DJ on Jubilee that my grandfather left me when he passed but neat to have another options some days.

Whoa. The wife did her homework. Congrats post pics of the watch
schmendeler
AG
Impressive wifing there
Red Pear Realty
Sponsor
AG
Pics or it didn't happen
Sponsor Message: We Split Commissions. Full Service Agents in Austin, Bryan-College Station, Dallas-Fort Worth, Houston and San Antonio. Red Pear Realty
Some Junkie Cosmonaut
AG
panag said:

That's a hell of a Father's Day present. Can't wait to see what you get for Christmas.
AgLA06
AG
Some Junkie Cosmonaut said:

panag said:

That's a hell of a Father's Day present. Can't wait to see what you get for Christmas.
Hell, I'd be concerned as to why she knows that much about watches. Or feels that guilty.
panag
AG
Haha I may or may not have had a shortlist! Didn't expect her to choose the nicest one though.
Red Pear Realty
Sponsor
AG
That's super nice. Well done!
Sponsor Message: We Split Commissions. Full Service Agents in Austin, Bryan-College Station, Dallas-Fort Worth, Houston and San Antonio. Red Pear Realty
schmendeler
AG
That is lovely. Super classy!
First Page Last Page
Page 338 of 425

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.