Houston
Sponsored by

High-end Watches Locally?

1,750,778 Views | 14849 Replies | Last: 1 day ago by Quo Vadis?
RVAg02
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
The GMT???
Sea Speed
AG
Yep
nealan
Oof
AgLA06
AG
Let me know what it costs and where you get it fixed if you do, please.

My clasp on my bluesy is messed up from getting it caught in construction equipment. Looks fine, but pops open randomly.
dummble
AG
Is her foot ok?
Sea Speed
AG
Haha yes she is fine
nealan
I decided to dress up my Batman GMT. Went with a little blue on the stitching to tie it all together
DVC2010
AG
schmendeler said:

Not normally a fan of two-tone, but this one is growing on me. 18k bezel and crown. 39mm, Traveler-style GMT, COSC certification, 100m WR, and a millimeter thinner than the closest competitor, the Tudor GMT.

Available with a bracelet (+$100), but I kind of like the strap. $4,200.

Either this or the 39mm Pelagos will likely be my next watch. I agree with you about the leather strap.

Edit: I say "next," but I actually have something 1960s-vintage arriving today. Time to go check the package tracking.
gindaloon
AG
Be careful out there
YouBet
AG
schmendeler said:

Not normally a fan of two-tone, but this one is growing on me. 18k bezel and crown. 39mm, Traveler-style GMT, COSC certification, 100m WR, and a millimeter thinner than the closest competitor, the Tudor GMT.

Available with a bracelet (+$100), but I kind of like the strap. $4,200.

I hate two-tones but I like this. I think it's because of the strap. I would not like this on a bracelet.
schmendeler
AG
I don't think it's bad on the bracelet, but it's not as good imo.

Also, the bracelet doesn't have it, but the leather strap had a bit of quick adjustment to it on a video i watched.

AgLA06
AG
gindaloon said:

Be careful out there
Timing of this couldn't be any more ironic. Stopped into an auto parts store this morning on the way to work for a couple maintenance items for my truck. Over heard 2 employees making some comments under their breath about my watch as I was walking out that made me a little uncomfortable. Didn't help one had been talking about being short on cash to pay his bills this month.

First time in a quite a while I've been nervous to wear my Rolex.
zgolfz85
AG
AgLA06 said:

gindaloon said:

Be careful out there
Timing of this couldn't be any more ironic. Stopped into an auto parts store this morning on the way to work for a couple maintenance items for my truck. Over heard 2 employees making some comments under their breath about my watch as I was walking out that made me a little uncomfortable. Didn't help one had been talking about being short on cash to pay his bills this month.

YIKES
nealan
That's one reason I decided to put mine on leather for a while. Those polished Jubilee links shine like diamonds !!
MOCO9
AG
zgolfz85 said:

AgLA06 said:

gindaloon said:

Be careful out there

YIKES
Have to be careful. Iv'e taken my watch off many times and put it in my pocket before getting out of my truck/entering a business in certain parts of town.
AgLA06
AG
MOCO9 said:

zgolfz85 said:

AgLA06 said:

gindaloon said:

Be careful out there

YIKES
Have to be careful. Iv'e taken my watch off many times and put it in my pocket before getting out of my truck/entering a business in certain parts of town.
Part of town wasn't one to worry about. Small area of commercial surrounded by 7 figure homes in an old established neighborhood.

I was just trying to make casual conversation as they were *****ing about inflation when I walked up to the counter. I just echoed that by saying it was insane the cheapest wiper blade set was $50.
TP Ag '87
AG
That really sucks.

Maybe I'm rationalizing or being cheap/tight but those are concerns I'd always have walking around with a timepiece of substantial value.
Sea Speed
AG
MOCO9 said:

zgolfz85 said:

AgLA06 said:

gindaloon said:

Be careful out there

YIKES

I hide it under my seat or something because if you get robbed you're going to be emptying your pockets too so fat lot of good that will do for you
DVC2010
AG
Not high end, but very old. Just arrived.
TheOC16
AG
Sea Speed said:

MOCO9 said:

zgolfz85 said:

AgLA06 said:

gindaloon said:

Be careful out there

YIKES

I hide it under my seat or something because if you get robbed you're going to be emptying your pockets too so fat lot of good that will do for you

Man if I was a mugger, I would not ask someone to empty their pockets. In this state especially, you might not like what comes out.

If I was robbing someone, I would not let them start putting their hands anywhere I couldn't see them. Give me your five figure watch, keep what little cash people still carry and credit cards that'll be canceled the moment I'm out of sight.

I've practiced the scenario many times. Don't know how I'd handle it if it ever came down to it (what else was at stake and who else was around), but reaching into my back pocket for a wallet and reaching to 5:00 for 12 rounds of 9mm does not look any different to someone standing in front.
Dies Irae
I have a fancy watch and a regular stainless steel watch at work with me. I enjoy wearing my solid gold watches but if I have to go anywhere that's not a few specific areas (my country club, a few nice restaurants, home or the office) I swap out for my omega seamaster Chrono on rubber.

I really enjoy traveling in the Middle East because then you can wear your bling 24/7 without any fear of being robbed.
Mr. McGibblets
AG
Habibi.
Coog97
Mr. McGibblets said:

Habibi.

Sharmoota!
“Things weren’t gentle and politically correct in those days. We weren’t candy asses. Okay?”
-Frank Borman

“Who are you to doubt El Dandy? ‘Cause this guy’s a serious professional.”
-Bret Hart
Mr. McGibblets
AG
Tozz Feek!!!
Dies Irae
Mashallah
Dies Irae
One thing you never get used to is Unironically calling another dude "my dear" and the hand holding, these dudes love to hold hands while walking. Very awkward
YouBet
AG
Dies Irae said:

One thing you never get used to is Unironically calling another dude "my dear" and the hand holding, these dudes love to hold hands while walking. Very awkward

re: hand holding. That's a "when in Rome" I would have to pass on if at all possible.
Trek Strategy
Sponsor
AG
I just wanted to pop in here and say thanks to everyone that helped come up with this design. You guys really perfected this and now it's coming to fruition. We'll approve the dials in person this week and have these ready to go during football season. We just put the pre-order page up on Friday and already have 16 orders.

Thanks to everyone that contributed to the discussion!

Travis

https://wassonwatch.com/products/wasson-automatic-field-watch-limited-edition-maroon-dial

Trek Strategy - Every Journey Needs a Guide
ChemAg15
AG
17 orders*
Trek Strategy
Sponsor
AG
ChemAg15 said:

17 orders*
You're awesome.
BQRyno
AG
Add one more!
Trek Strategy
Sponsor
AG
BQRyno said:

Add one more!
Thanks BQ!
Fall92
AG
Believe this makes 19.
"I did nothing. I did absolutely nothing, and it was everything that I thought it could be."
Trek Strategy
Sponsor
AG
Fall92 said:

Believe this makes 19.
Actually, you're #20. Thanks!
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
Dies Irae said:

Isn't that basically what habibi means?
First Page Last Page
Page 335 of 425

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.