Houston
Sponsored by

High-end Watches Locally?

1,751,529 Views | 14850 Replies | Last: 2 hrs ago by BBRex
Mateo84
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Those stock photos are nice, but let's see it on your wrist when it arrives.
Dies Irae
Mateo84 said:

Those stock photos are nice, but let's see it on your wrist when it arrives.

Going to have to wait a week. I am headed to 30A for vacation with my family.
Ferris Wheel Allstar
AG
Dies Irae said:

New game day watch inbound. Got this baby brand new for 50% off msrp.

Parmigiani's quality is absolutely amazing but it charges an armload and hasn't gotten the respect it deserves yet.

I just went down a rabbit hole and found a Breitling that is similar to this. Looks like this thread is going to cost me some $$$$. Thanks.
zgolfz85
AG
Ferris Wheel Allstar said:

Dies Irae said:

Parmigiani's quality is absolutely amazing but it charges an armload and hasn't gotten the respect it deserves yet.

I just went down a rabbit hole and found a Breitling that is similar to this. Looks like this thread is going to cost me some $$$$. Thanks.

Please share with the class unless you want detention
Dies Irae
I tell you which breitling I have been liking, the new limited edition USA only rose gold super Chronomat with blue face.

Waaay too expensive at msrp, might grab one lightly used if they exist in a few months
Guitarsoup
AG

Buzz going with the triple-Speedmaster.

https://www.facebook.com/buzzaldrin/posts/pfbid02mYE4VjhKfQ7CPUfckGPrWMdFQAGLv4fHisAKHk3SPvFMQD1oxTiFwXa5jp2HjuyCl
Ferris Wheel Allstar
AG
zgolfz85 said:

Dies Irae said:

Please share with the class unless you want detention

I'm very limited in my watch game knowledge, but I'm learning as I go. I think these were made in the 90s. The new ones are rose gold and I don't like them as much, at least the pics I have seen.

And this

zgolfz85
AG
Nice thanks. I really like the maroon leather strap one. That's Aggie through and through with the gold
Ferris Wheel Allstar
AG
I just pulled the trigger on the 1st one.
zgolfz85
AG

Woah, awesome
Dies Irae
I tell you what though, I have never said this before but I think I could sell my entire collection and be happy with this one. It has been to 7 countries now. Going to add an 8th in mid August (going to visit a customer in Quebec just as an excuse to attend the Beterbiev fight on the weekend).

zgolfz85
AG
Found this one too…pretty

Dies Irae

That's a great looking piece. The two tone definitely looks better on this one than the solid gold. Wrist pics when it comes in
Dies Irae
It's funny, looking at my pic I just realized I never reset the 2nd time zone hand back to gmt when I got back into town. It's still on Houston time
Ferris Wheel Allstar
AG
zgolfz85 said:

Found this one too…pretty

That would be a great road game watch with the icy white jerseys
Ragoo
AG
https://www.etsy.com/listing/1438580806/breitling-chronomat-rare-burgundy-dial?gpla=1&gao=1&&utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=shopping_us_a-jewelry-watches-wrist_watches-mens_watches&utm_custom1=_k_Cj0KCQjw_O2lBhCFARIsAB0E8B-IW_mmWmzUqiVhgK8A0bEcQgROgzDakOClWd8GwpsVUGlZSrkP3V8aAug-EALw_wcB_k_&utm_content=go_12573358028_118181104263_507852212311_aud-1184785539738:pla-315431884709_m__1438580806_12768591&utm_custom2=12573358028&gbraid=0AAAAADtcfRJ8FuJWyKv0fxIm4wmmZ0LD_&gclid=Cj0KCQjw_O2lBhCFARIsAB0E8B-IW_mmWmzUqiVhgK8A0bEcQgROgzDakOClWd8GwpsVUGlZSrkP3V8aAug-EALw_wcB
Ferris Wheel Allstar
AG
I looked at that one too. I didnt feel good about that being the only watch with a price tag above $300 on his site.
schmendeler
AG
Gentlemen, I'd like to announce a new addition to the family.
Farmer1906
AG
I was not a fan of this watch, but it has grown on me in the last few years. Nice change of pace from a lot of the buys on here.

schmendeler
AG
I don't normally care for square-type watches and at first i was the same with this. But it slowly grew on me. Something less common, but with a pretty sizable heritage. Also, i liked the unique bracelet features.
Diggity
AG
congrats...I know you've been after one of those for a while.

They make great dress watches.
Dies Irae
schmendeler said:

I don't normally care for square-type watches and at first i was the same with this. But it slowly grew on me. Something less common, but with a pretty sizable heritage. Also, i liked the unique bracelet features.

I really like that one. I have had my eye on the rose gold one. I actually had it purchased from Cartier and then cancelled when they said 8 month delivery
FTAC2011
AG
Incoming. Dies Irae not approved
schmendeler
AG
The flagship store in NYC had one each in rose and yellow.
schmendeler
AG
Thanks!
Dies Irae
You buy a watch like that you get a free bowl of soup, huh? Oh it looks good on you though.
FTAC2011
AG
Dies Irae said:

You buy a watch like that you get a free bowl of soup, huh? Oh it looks good on you though.

One of these days I'll be able to upgrade it to the solid gold one like yours
AgLA06
AG
Dies Irae said:

Different strokes. Some people think a solid gold or rose gold requires a matching track suit and chest hair.

I personally like my bluesy. Although I probably would only purchase a two tone again if it was an iconic presidential. Otherwise I'd rather white gold or steel.
Dies Irae
AgLA06 said:

Dies Irae said:

Different strokes. Some people think a solid gold or rose gold requires a matching track suit and chest hair.

I personally like my bluesy. Although I probably would only purchase a two tone again if it was an iconic presidential. Otherwise I'd rather white gold or steel.

And don't let anyone tell you it doesn't
Dies Irae
Also, for my comment's context

BroncStomper06
AG
I come seeking the wisdom of this board for ideas for a milestone watch. I am looking for a dress watch, preferably something I can pair with a brown leather band and no more than 40mm. White or silver dial. I'm hoping to stay under $3500.

It's most likely going to be an early 2024 purchase, so I'm just doing a bit of homework now. I've always been drawn to the Omega De Ville line, but the Baumer & Mercier recently caught my attention. What else should I be looking at in this vein?

Omega De Ville Prestige (would swap the band on either)

Baumer & Mercier Classima 10214

Farmer1906
AG
My suggestion to everyone looking for a non dive or chrono in the 3-5k range.

jh0400
AG
May as well add a Tudor 1926 to your list

https://www.tudorwatch.com/en/watches/1926/m91550-0010

Guitarsoup
AG
IWC all day
BroncStomper06
AG
Thanks. I'm really digging several of the Portofino models on the IWC site. I must admit that I'm not as familiar with IWC as a brand. Is it comparable to Omega in terms of quality?
First Page Last Page
Page 329 of 425

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.