Houston
Sponsored by

High-end Watches Locally?

1,752,667 Views | 14850 Replies | Last: 14 hrs ago by BBRex
LT4play
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Looking for Rolex Batman locally.
Anyone considering selling?

Located in Austin
free0177a at gmail
Red Pear Realty
Sponsor
AG
https://uscoinsandjewelry.com/item-details-watches/rolex-40mm-gmt-master-ii-126710blnr-batman-2021-card/UC113007
Sponsor Message: We Split Commissions. Full Service Agents in Austin, Bryan-College Station, Dallas-Fort Worth, Houston and San Antonio. Red Pear Realty
zgolfz85
AG
Hadn't seen this watch. Beautiful

https://www.oris.ch/en/watch/big-crown-propilot-x-calibre-115/01-115-7759-7153-set7-22-01tlc?utm_source=IGShopping&utm_medium=Social

AgLA06
AG
Different strokes for different folks.
schmendeler
AG
I can appreciate skeletonized but it doesn't do much for me.
zgolfz85
AG
schmendeler said:

I can appreciate skeletonized but it doesn't do much for me.

I'm ordinarily not a fan myself, but this one is not as obnoxious. I don't like it enough to pursue it, just caught my attention
JSKolache
AG
I like oris, but i hate their site
hmiles619
AG
I'd love this group's help in helping me identify and find out more information about a watch that was passed down to me. I'm looking for confirmation of model, age, and potential value.

• It belonged to my grandfather, class of '49.
  • It has a Hamilton logo on the front with the Texas A&M University seal in the center of the watch.
  • The back of the watch is gold and also stamped with "HAMILTON" and "10KGOLDPLATED"
  • The watch band is leather with "HAMILTON" inscription on the inside of the band.
  • The watch may possibly be the STORMKING VII according to this listing that I found online

Any information or direction on this would be appreciated!

that's awesome
Serotonin
AG
Very cool watch. Yeah your link looks like a perfect match. Would be 60s vintage given the logo says 'University' and not 'College'.
Zobel
AG
I'd contact RGM in Pennsylvania, they can probably help better than anyone.
AgLA06
AG
Zobel said:

I'd contact RGM in Pennsylvania, they can probably help better than anyone.
They might also be able to provide a certificate of authenticity and a price to clean it up / service it.
Serotonin
AG
Here's another +1 / rep for FTAC2011.

He is the best in the business in the secondary market and has incredible contacts. He's able to get prices that you won't see online or anywhere else so you should always go through him if you are buying secondary.

Not only does he get great prices but he is incredibly responsive and friendly to work with.

Seriously, bring your business to him if you are buying secondary or if you have a watch you want to sell.
AgLA06
AG
I must have missed the photo.
Serotonin
AG
AgLA06 said:

Touche.

After putting FTAC through the ringer on a couple of different models I decided to wait on the purchase, yet he was courteous and friendly through the whole process and hopefully I will be able to get it done on my end in the next couple of months. And photo at that point.

What's really impressive is that you ping him with very specific requests like "I want a X model in excellent condition, 2022, Y colored dial" and he is on it and has an option or two within a couple of hours. It's really impressive.
AgLA06
AG
Can't wait to see it when you get the extra cash saved up!
Serotonin
AG
Yes, will be eating beans and rice through August.
TheOC16
AG
Serotonin said:

Here's another +1 / rep for FTAC2011.

He is the best in the business in the secondary market and has incredible contacts. He's able to get prices that you won't see online or anywhere else so you should always go through him if you are buying secondary.

Not only does he get great prices but he is incredibly responsive and friendly to work with.

Seriously, bring your business to him if you are buying secondary or if you have a watch you want to sell.
Ditto. As mentioned I've enjoyed learning and making a little cash flipping watches over the past year+, but if it was a big time piece I'd probably still run it through FTAC2011.
Serotonin
AG
AgLA06 said:

Upon further reflection, it is bad bull not to have a photo of any kind, so here are the two that are on my wish list:
AgLA06
AG
Nice!
Serotonin
AG
AgLA06 said:

Nice!
The Bluesy is divisive enough that I might have a shot at eventually getting one at an AD.

The Pepsi...0% chance.
RVAg02
AG
I actually really like the bluesy. I have the Pepsi and it's amazing, but there is something intoxicating about the bluesy.
Serotonin
AG
RVAg02 said:

I actually really like the bluesy. I have the Pepsi and it's amazing, but there is something intoxicating about the bluesy.
I love the Bluesy and the dial but it's a loud piece and the Pepsi gets the edge for me due to versatility.

And it's there with the Sub and Daytona on legendary / icon status so there will always be a deep pool of buyers.
Zobel
AG
weird, why are those watches backwards?
BCO07
AG
RVAg02 said:

I'd take the bluesy over Pepsi
slaughtr
AG
It's a watch
It's a metronome

It's a watchronome!
TheOC16
AG
Serotonin said:

AgLA06 said:

Nice!
The Bluesy is divisive enough that I might have a shot at eventually getting one at an AD.

The Pepsi...0% chance.

I got a Bluesy from an AD like four months after putting my name down for it. And this was back when the market was a bit hotter.
GAC06
AG
I got a Batman in less than a month in Nov/Dec '21
YouBet
AG
Serotonin said:

RVAg02 said:

I love the Bluesy and the dial but it's a loud piece and the Pepsi gets the edge for me due to versatility.

And it's there with the Sub and Daytona on legendary / icon status so there will always be a deep pool of buyers.

That is insane to me. Pepsi is so god awful compared to a Daytona that I'm not sure how they are even in same universe.
Serotonin
AG
YouBet said:

Serotonin said:

RVAg02 said:

That is insane to me. Pepsi is so god awful compared to a Daytona that I'm not sure how they are even in same universe.

There's no right or wrong opinion when it comes to watch design.

Except calling the Pepsi awful. That's a wrong opinion.
YouBet
AG
Serotonin said:

YouBet said:

Serotonin said:

RVAg02 said:

I realize I'm in the minority here but I stand by it - that watch is gross and I cant believe people pay more than $1K for it.

The wonders of marketing.
FTAC2011
AG
Just here to say I hope everyone is having a great night
BoDog
AG
FTAC2011 said:

Just here to say I hope everyone is having a great night

Is that one on the proverbial auction block?
Serotonin
AG
YouBet said:

Serotonin said:

YouBet said:

Serotonin said:

RVAg02 said:

I realize I'm in the minority here but I stand by it - that watch is gross and I cant believe people pay more than $1K for it.

Teddy B break it down:

The Sub and Daytona have legitimate competition in Blancpan, Omega, Zenith but the GMT really doesn't have a peer. It's also arguably stayed true to the original purpose of a snazzy businessman sport watch than can be worn on weekends. The Sub and Daytona seem to have been specific tool watches that have drifted away from their original purpose into that same category.

I think it's iconic and I actually prefer it over the Daytona and Sub, but I love all three and wouldn't turn any down.
TXAG 05
AG
YouBet said:

Serotonin said:

YouBet said:

Serotonin said:

RVAg02 said:

What is it that you don't like about it?
First Page Last Page
Page 318 of 425

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.