Houston
Sponsored by

High-end Watches Locally?

1,753,383 Views | 14850 Replies | Last: 22 hrs ago by BBRex
Irish 2.0
How long do you want to ignore this user?
MarathonAg12 said:

TheOC16 said:

What is this (for the uneducated)?
These are Magic Bands for Disney World. The unlock the kingdom for four days.....

Believe it or not, these are the Tudor versions. The Rolex Magic Bands vibrate, light up and you have to charge them every night.
Sounds like what my ex replaced me with...
MAROON
AG
AgEng06 said:

Just saw this and thought of your post.

30 best mechanical watches under $500

https://teddybaldassarre.com/blogs/watches/best-mechanical-watches
I was not in the market for a watch at all, especially after dropping some decent cash to get my early 80's Rolex Date repaired and in good working order. But after looking at that link I decided I needed a game day watch. The Orient Kanno in red (it's more maroon in real life) was too tempting. $200bucks later I have one. Nice watch for the money - actually much nicer than I expected

from linked article

Put it on before taking off the safety film!
AgEng06
AG
Awesome! I love helping others spend their money (and get a good product as well).
Silian Rail
H Moser & Cie has my all time favorite game day watch, but I've been too scared to pull the trigger. It's quite a hefty price.

I also like this one from Parmigiani, I really like Parmigiani but their pricing is ridiculous. They're asking to be treated like one of the "Holy Trinity" and they have nowhere near the chops to command that price point yet.

Watch is beautiful, but not for $47,000. That's $10K more than a solid goal Presidential day date.
Silian Rail
man that looks amazing, great purchase.
AgEng06
AG
Silian Rail said:

H Moser & Cie has my all time favorite game day watch, but I've been too scared to pull the trigger. It's quite a hefty price.

I also like this one from Parmigiani, I really like Parmigiani but their pricing is ridiculous. They're asking to be treated like one of the "Holy Trinity" and they have nowhere near the chops to command that price point yet.

Watch is beautiful, but not for $47,000. That's $10K more than a solid goal Presidential day date.

And then you'd really be repping game day since you'd match Jimbo.
Serotonin
AG
AgEng06 said:

Silian Rail said:

And then you'd really be repping game day since you'd match Jimbo.
We're talking about Silian here...he already has the Presidential.
Silian Rail
I think we might actually have the same day-date, he has the 40mm white faced one, no?
AgEng06
AG
Yeah I believe so...

Silian Rail
I think that might be a 36mm unless he has gigantic wrists.
AgEng06
AG
Yeah good point.
AgEng06
AG
Didn't want to repost the guys photo, but check out this pic of a Panerai literally "in the wild"...

https://texags.com/forums/34/topics/3307805/replies/62811086
SquirrellyDan
AG
AgEng06 said:

Didn't want to repost the guys photo, but check out this pic of a Panerai literally "in the wild"...

https://texags.com/forums/34/topics/3307805/replies/62811086
For those who haven't seen it and are even mildly interested in hunting, do yourself a favor and read through that thread. Unbelievable trip.
TheOC16
AG
Nice find.

So I'm not the only person who zooms into every picture of someone wearing a watch for the odd chance to discover a gem…
Daytona22
AG
This is what I keep toying with getting as a new game day watch. Haven't been able to pull the trigger yet but close….

MarathonAg12
I want FTAC's game day watch.
YouBet
AG
Thought I would post a pic of my wife's Rolex. It's a ~1984 Rolex so it's a little beat up being 40 years old. It was her mom's who passed away about 8 years ago. I need to take it in an get it polished up.

Snuck this pic because she would be weirded out I was posting this on a message board. Lol.

Diggity
AG
my dad's is the same era,.

Those old jubilee's can really streeeeetch!
AgEng06
AG
Definitely not the only one.
spadilly
S
My game day watch…just waiting on the NATO strap to arrive so I can take the mesh bracelet off.
MarathonAg12
spadilly said:

My game day watch…just waiting on the NATO strap to arrive so I can take the mesh bracelet off.

Looks great! Link for the strap?!

JB!98
AG
MarathonAg12 said:

spadilly said:

Looks great! Link for the strap?!

Which one is this again? I never pulled the trigger on the Ebay guy you sent me. He went radio silent on me.
MarathonAg12
This was Amazon. Ebay was the mods
JB!98
AG
MarathonAg12 said:

This was Amazon. Ebay was the mods
Thanks is there a model number specific to this one?
Silian Rail
Everyone loves a good watch review right? Just received in my Wesson watch and am very pleased with it. I do not buy a ton of watches in this price point, namely only two Seikos but I was impressed with the quality of the leather embossed box the watch came in and with the branded leather watch took pouch.

The watch also looks a lot better than in the photos, I think the photos of the watch on the website might need to be touched up as it looks a lot better in person.

The bracelet feels solid and the clasp engraving looks nice but I think the watch looks boring on the SS bracelet. I probably would have rather had two NATO's than the one NATO and the SS bracelet but I might be alone in that. The dial seems very crisp and the numbers and hashes are well aligned. The exhibition caseback is a nice touch and shows the movement well. The movement while not overtly decorated is still tasteful and I'm sure every bit as nice as most $900-1200 watches have.

All in all very impressed. Congratulations to Wesson Watch company and hope they sell a bunch of watches. I also appreciated the cause that they donated to, which on my watch was for a Filipino child named Marko who had been abused, hard not to feel proud to help him out.

As a Catholic, any time you have prayers in Latin on the thank you card I will give you a 10/10 , especially as I have AMDG on all of my office buildings.

Daytona22
AG
This is my current game day watch. Ordered a new silicon Barton white strap to throw on it.
AgEng06
AG
You mfers are gonna make me buy a maroon watch, aren't you?
Diggity
AG
Thanks for the review. Looks nice.

The Jesuits would approve for sure.
Daytona22
Sea Speed
AG
Liked it so much you spelled their company name wrong 2x.
spadilly
S
It looks like it is sold out on the original amazon listing and also on Seiko's website.

This is it:

SRPD69 Seiko USA
spadilly
S
ZULUDIVER Marine Nationale NATO Watch Strap | ZULUDIVER

coming from overseas. I searched for way too long trying to find a decent looking maroon nato and kept coming back to this one.
Farmer1906
AG
https://www.aggielandoutfitters.com/shop/p/rolex-date-just-2-tone-watch-texas-am-42956

Too bad its out of stock.

JB!98
AG
spadilly said:

It looks like it is sold out on the original amazon listing and also on Seiko's website.

This is it:

SRPD69 Seiko USA
Thanks!
Farmer1906
AG
Even better.

https://www.watchesofswitzerland.com/Pre+Owned-Rolex-Day+Date--quote.Oxblood-quote.-Stella-Dial-AS06487/p/40921772

First Page Last Page
Page 221 of 425

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.